OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

Anyway, I think we'll regret this. As people have said, he's been one of our top performers at times and when in the right team, WILL run things. And I mean that.

No surprise other Wednesday players say hes one of the best in the team.

I must have blinked and missed those times.

Potter to Blunts. That would be too much happiness in a short space of time.

I was thinking the same. Wonder if Chessie might fancy him or wether he'll end up at MK Dons, plastic player going to a plastic club, they were made for each other.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest derbyowl

havent posted on here since last game, but this has made me post once again. Glad to see he cudnt be forgiven for his i dont give a throw performances and his chip on his shoulder. Good ridens. Take it this means he would'nt have been paid of, just agreed to go.

there will probably be some form of financial agreement but won't pay his whole contract. Glad he's gone tho just for that pass last game of season! lol. Edited by derbyowl

To say he is terrible with no redeeming features is bizarre.

In Laws' team he was the focal point in our better performances (Scunny 4 nil?)

Still now he is the best striker of the ball we had - a shot from 20 yards he would be the fella I wanted out of the squad we had.

Work rate not up to it and clearly not what Megson wants at centre mid. But to say untalented waster is very short sighted.

In our current squad he was one of three players who could score from distance, JJ and Coke are the other two,

If he got it laid off to him outside the area he would put it in, great shot on him,

Shame that is where his talent ended while playing for us,

I think we should all hold off him for now because if he goes to McDons and shows what he can do we'll feel a bit stupid and gutted we never got the best out of him,

He's got a champions league medal don't you know lol

Sooo glad he has gone ,Wasted talent ,I cant understand how or why players such as him will not perform on the pitch ,Youngsters are crying out to get a chance to be a pro footballer ,And you get certain people who make it ,dont seem bothered in playing well ,

Are their heads so far up their backsides that they think they dont have to try ,I cant get my breath sometimes i really can't

What I hope is that the club will stop being a cash cow for the lazy, inept and flipping workshy and the cushy number where you get paid regardless of the effort and contribution you put...THEN and only THEN will we see us move up to where we belong

Reminds me of work!

I'm disappointed that we've only got rid of a few players. we've still got worst players to get rid of this summer, that Potter

Guest gringo69

The Darren Potter initially playing for a contract was a totally different player after he'd got his contract.

Fortunately Megson can see the wood for the trees, what most fans have seen and other managers couldn't.

Potter was NEVER the type of asset to get us out of this league and was one of the main reasons we ended up in it.