Miller Crewe 17

Harrad Northampton 16

Lester Chesterfield 16

M Richards Port Vale 16

Constable Oxford Utd 15

Craddock Oxford Utd 15

Grimes Lincoln City 15

Robinson Torquay 15

barry corr 18 goals this season, iam i seeing things here?

Not particularly bothered about any of them.

What about Ryan Taylor at Rotherham? Out of Contract, although a fee would be payable.

Never seen him play but quite a few people I speak to and stuff I hear about him is alway really positive. Good footballer apparantly.

barry corr 18 goals this season, iam i seeing things here?

Shows the standard of the league doesn't it. I don't think there's anyone high up that list who is young and has potential to improve. I certainly don't think any of them are as good as Mellor or Madine.

Guest peteowl106

If Barry Corr can score 18 goals then that speaks volumes about the standard of the league.

I'm not saying that we should instantly dismiss signing anyone from a lower league but 20+ goals in league two doesn't necessarily translate to loads of goals in league one.

Shows the standard of the league doesn't it. I don't think there's anyone high up that list who is young and has potential to improve. I certainly don't think any of them are as good as Mellor or Madine.

Barry Corr was written off by pretty much everyone even though he hardly played because of injury.

The few times I remember him playing I thought he was quite skillful for a big man....not that I'm saying we should sign him, but each player should be judged on their own merit. Not necessarily on what league they are in.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Megson will not sign any of those players.

If Wednesday start the season badly Milan will have a new manager in quicker than you can say Le Fondre.

This is Megson's dream job and he wants to succeed badly. It is his balls on the line.

We have cash to spend, Megson will entrust his future to players have proven they can do it at a higher level rather than taking a "punt" on some promising youngster. If you were Megson and your future depended on it would you be more comfortable with a choice of Madine/Davies/Le Fondre or Madine/Mellor/McCormack.

As well as the obvious attraction of them all starting with M, I know which trio I would hang my job on.

A season on when we have got promotion is when we can afford to speculate a bit.

Yes, people will point to Brunt, Whelan etc but that was a completely different scenario. Turner did not have the option to pay transfer fees or decent wages, it was his only choice. Megson has the choice so ask yourself, in his position, would you risk it?

Edited by BoomTownOwls

We will get who we get ,Megson and Milan are no mugs,But then again just being able to speculate in the transfer window with money behind you is great ,no more crocks or hasbeens (PLEASE ) we have had enough of them ,

Npower League Two Top Scorers

TOT

Donaldson Crewe 27

Lowe Bury 27

McDonald Gillingham 24

Davies Chesterfield 23

Le Fondre Rotherham 23

Corr Southend 18

Thomas Cheltenham 18

Miller Crewe 17

Harrad Northampton 16

Lester Chesterfield 16

M Richards Port Vale 16

Constable Oxford Utd 15

Craddock Oxford Utd 15

Grimes Lincoln City 15

Robinson Torquay 15

All those would be worth a punt.

Guest BoomTownOwls

All those would be worth a punt.

So a 30 year old never has been. A player who had years at Oldham and never did anything when at league One. A player who failed miserably in Scotland. And a player who has scored less in League 2 than Mellow and Madine in League One.

Megson will not go for that.

I am not saying it is impossible that these could succeed but I go back to my earlier point. gary megson has the funds to sign a proven Championship or League One striker, MM is trigger happy, Megson will get 3 months to have us comfortably in the top 6.

Would you risk it?

We got rid of Barry Corr like we did with Grant Holt.

What's he up to these days ?

:laugh:

Bloody hell.

You're comparing Barry Corr with Grant Holt? Are you being serious? Neither of these players were doing the job at Championship level, hence why they have dropped down to league two and in Holt's case has worked his way up. Not many players automatically become a 20 goal a season striker overnight. Next season Corr might only get 5 goals.

Now good luck to Grant Holt because he has worked hard over the years and has developed into a solid league player. I doubt he would have had the same development if he stayed with us. Look at players like Michael Kightly etc. Playing in the lower leagues gives you the experience that you need.

Jesus wept.