A Matter of Trust

There as been quite a lot of chat on here recently about which players should be given new contracts and also about players upping their games in order to win a new contract, we often talk about certain players doing the business but once they have got a deal in the bag not really giving a damn.

So the question is that whilst we have seen a big improvement lately from most of the players whose contracts are due for renewal which ones can be trusted to maintain those levels of performance for the full term of the contract ?.

Guest RipleyOwl

Your right about both miller and jj but would I trust either to give it all if given a new deal??? Maybe not till this time next year!! It's tricky and that's why GM gets paid what he does I wish him all the best with that one

I think we need to renew Buxton for certain.

Miller only if there is the right deal to be done, JOC has been impressive recently and worked really hard...but if we are to reduce the squad we need to be ruthless.

I think JJ has benefitted from actually being given a decent run in the side as he was a bit stop start with Irvine this season, he's unplayable when he gets going and useless otherwise but if we dont have realistic replacement we'd miss him as an outlet/spark.

Sadly, some of the players we need shut of are under contract.

Buxton- definitely.

JJ and Miller- dependent on finances. Both great players when they play well and good to have in the squad, but neither are worth breaking the bank for.

O'Connor- has to go for me. He has shown an improvement in the last 3 home games but has been cack for 90% of his time here- football fans have amazingly short memories at times and are forgetting the week after week over the last 3 years since he signed when our central midfield has had the wee wee taken out of it.

I think we need to renew Buxton for certain.

Miller only if there is the right deal to be done, JOC has been impressive recently and worked really hard...but if we are to reduce the squad we need to be ruthless.

I think JJ has benefitted from actually being given a decent run in the side as he was a bit stop start with Irvine this season, he's unplayable when he gets going and useless otherwise but if we dont have realistic replacement we'd miss him as an outlet/spark.

Sadly, some of the players we need shut of are under contract.

Agree with most of this ^^^

Guest RipleyOwl

Joc is a Megson player and seems to up his game for Megson like at Stoke and WBA and now S6 that is the reason I think he will stay I don't despute he has been gash for 95% of the time with us but I think we have a manager who knows how to get the most out of him

what did mego say about JJ yesterday, something like "i've been told he has a stamina problem..but i have my own ideas on that". what do we read into that ????

That JJ sometimes gets an attack of the "Cant be arsed" and signals for sub, or just wanders around til he's taken off.

Still- on Sat he was constantly shouting at players to get the ball to him coz "JJs ripping them to pieces".

Joc is a Megson player and seems to up his game for Megson like at Stoke and WBA and now S6 that is the reason I think he will stay I don't despute he has been gash for 95% of the time with us but I think we have a manager who knows how to get the most out of him

It is a matter of trust...and I trust Megson to keep the players that will enable us to compete next season...who they are I'll leave to Gary rather than speculate on here with posters who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arse...not you mate btw :biggrin:

That JJ sometimes gets an attack of the "Cant be arsed" and signals for sub, or just wanders around til he's taken off.

Still- on Sat he was constantly shouting at players to get the ball to him coz "JJs ripping them to pieces".

JJ ..what a bloody enigma he is...but bloody hell when he goes on those runs the whole Kop stands up...theres not a player in the team that can cause such a buzz...I know he like..falls over half way through some of 'em...and its frustrating.....but defenders do sh*t themselves when he sets off on one...and after he has done a couple early..you can see the worry it causes in the opposition....

JJ ..what a bloody enigma he is...but bloody hell when he goes on those runs the whole Kop stands up...theres not a player in the team that can cause such a buzz...I know he like..falls over half way through some of 'em...and its frustrating.....but defenders do sh*t themselves when he sets off on one...and after he has done a couple early..you can see the worry it causes in the opposition....

That is why we need to keep hold of him.

Not many players in the football league, let alone League one, who can do what JJ does when he's on his game.

I think Buxton is a definate, Megson has worked with him before, and a player who can do a job anywhere across the back four is invaluable.

Megson likes Miller, so I think he will try and keep him, as long as Miller accepts a pay cut.

Megson obviously thinks JJ has fitness issue's, but he knows that he frightens the life out of defenders with his pace, for me, this is the tough one, and I haven't a clue which way Megson will go.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Buxton absolutely.

Miller and JOC, only if the price is right, and only then if Megson isnt 99% sure that he couldnt get anyone better in.

JJ yes, again unless Megson has someone with his pace and running ability in the bag to replace him with.

If he lets the three go and we dont bring in better replacements, it'll be a howler.

They looked good again saturday - didnt create much and both Madine and Mellor looked a bit pissed off with it. Megson needs to find those two or three signings that add another dimension and option to our squad.

Buxton should get a three year contract, JJ a two year contract, Miller and JOC a one year contract with an extension option in the club's favour. Keep the rest of the team that played on Saturday plus Coke, Beevers, Weaver, Palmer, Jameson, Daniel Jones and Sedgewick and move the rest out because their not good enough.

Teal deserves to stay based upon early to mid season form but should be uses sparingly next season as should the other veteran players with the exception of Rob Jones and JJ.

Buxton should get a three year contract, JJ a two year contract, Miller and JOC a one year contract with an extension option in the club's favour. Keep the rest of the team that played on Saturday plus Coke, Beevers, Weaver, Palmer, Jameson, Daniel Jones and Sedgewick and move the rest out because their not good enough.

Teal deserves to stay based upon early to mid season form but should be used sparingly next season as should the other veteran players with the exception of Rob Jones and JJ.

Edited by shandypants