Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

I answered the question.

I said lie.

That's not an answer. Would you have told Seth he was injured, or what?

You've got the advantage of being able to think about what you're going to say before typing it, Megson was live on the radio (and still said the right thing).

Looking at it from another angle Megson (and others on here) have said that they want players who will sweat blood to earn the right to wear the Blue and white stripes. Sounds like Miller isn't one of them.

Edited by darra

Megson did not come out and say "can i tell you why Miller did not play today please, please?"

Seth asked a flipping question, why Miller did not play and Megson answered.

Yet if Megson came out and said "Im not talking about Miller" what will the reaction then be?

There will be rumours flying around all over the place...from a fight to he has been sacked.

He knew the question would be asked.

He should have merely preapred a brush off to the press - who I am certain posed it as a leading question. It hasn't helped any given situation with the club, it has only served as some more dirty laundry.

We know the club was run by dickheads, we know the problems - it just seems like some kind of sado-machoism for the fans to wallow in after a defeat.

I'm a bit disappointed in a few members on here when I simply stated an opinion.

Looking at it from another angle Megson (and others on here) have said that they want players who will sweat blood to earn the right the wear the Blue and white stripes. Sounds like Miller isn't one of them.

Agreed. Sounds like he wouldn't waive the clause in his contract.

He could have played then.

Megson is 100% not at fault here.

I suggest that we get rid now if Miller isn't going to play again.

It's a shame we only found out about this after the game, as Seth could have asked Russ Wilcox about it, as him and Laws signed Miller didn't they?

He didn't play because it probably means we have to keep him when it looks like we don't want to.

We would have found out this information at some point because he will miss out from now to the end of the season if true.

If he plays then it looks like he stays, again if true.

I don't think we should extend his contract.

If there is any truth in this then it's no coincidence that he's fit and doing alright a fortnight before the clause is triggered.

flip him and the rest of the mercenaries.

As for hanging him out to dry it's fair enough in my opinion. It'll only put players off joining us if they were coming to throw it off anyway.

GM gave an honest answer to a question. A bit unprofessional? Maybe, but no where near the level of most of our squad this season.

Edited by sonofbert2

Agreed. Sounds like he wouldn't waive the clause in his contract.

He could have played then.

Exactly

reading between the lines it appears that Miller has been told he probably wont be needed next season and been asked to see the season out by playing and forgoing his extension and said no.

Guest Sheff Owl

He knew the question would be asked.

He should have merely preapred a brush off to the press - who I am certain posed it as a leading question. It hasn't helped any given situation with the club, it has only served as some more dirty laundry.

We know the club was run by dickheads, we know the problems - it just seems like some kind of sado-machoism for the fans to wallow in after a defeat.

I'm a bit disappointed in a few members on here when I simply stated an opinion.

I think in the past we have had enough crap and been kept in the dark and for so long many fans have asked just tell the truth and that's what Megson has done as far as we know. If he had lied when would that have stopped? if he had said Miller was injured and then Miller was seen out with no sign of an injury then what, it would mean keeping the lie for the rest of the season, how would that look if that got out later in the season?

I just think IMO that lies are not the way to go.

Megson - "We're coming to the end of the season and we all know that next year will be crucial to the club, after the two home wins I felt it right to play more of the squad to give us an idea of what we need against what we have. Certain players may or may not be at the club next year but that is an issue for the boardroom as well as the dressing room and it's only fair I have a broad opinion to report back to the chairman with."

Megson - "We're coming to the end of the season and we all know that next year will be crucial to the club, after the two home wins I felt it right to play more of the squad to give us an idea of what we need against what we have. Certain players may or may not be at the club next year but that is an issue for the boardroom as well as the dressing room and it's only fair I have a broad opinion to report back to the chairman with."

Sorry Arthur but that is even worse. Opens a right can of worms and implicates others.

I cannot see what he has done wrong by teling the truth 'in broad terms'.

BTW I like your posts - whether I agree or not. Stop being so defensive.

A bit unprofessional? Maybe, but no where near the level of most of our squad this season.

So what was the problem with my understated criticism of him?

It's almost like I support his right to say it, as manager, but think it has done more harm than good and has shown a lack of class after a defeat and right after the game.

Timing, context, anticipation - he just came out with it playing the victim in my opinion whilst wording it away from himself "I've been told..."

I bet he gets told a lot of things he doesn't like.

Guest bartos

And then said player comes out and contradicts that.. And it's only took an hour to come up with that

Arthur why are you the only one who shares the same opinion?

Eccy Owl agreed and with the names some people have called me do you think others would admit to?

All I said was it was unprofessional, have a look at my first post in the thread.

Theres one thing I am certain of, and its something a lot can't get their head around, if I think it I;ll say it and not give a poo poo what the playground bullies think. Whats worse is having to explain yourself to some kind of Owlstalk high council as if I have either poo poo on their lawn or something.

Wished I'd never fookin' put anything now.

P.S. Cheers Reading and yes it was bloody understated it was three words FFS!! :biggrin:

Guest scott the owl

Surely megson knew the clause in his contract a while ago, so why make him captain when he knows full well he wouldn't play the rest of the season. Surely this is going disrupt the dressing room.

Surely megson knew the clause in his contract a while ago, so why make him captain when he knows full well he wouldn't play the rest of the season. Surely this is going disrupt the dressing room.

The only way Megson might have raised the subject is dependant on when he found out. My assumptions are that he has known for a while like you say.

Still the message seems to undermine the management of the club, if he has only recently found out then it may seem to be a bigger problem.

Everything will be fine when DiMatteo comes anyway... :biggrin:

I very much get the impression he didn't or if he did, he expected him to forgo it. Either way, its more than the likely its the last we've seen of Miller in a Wednesday shirt.

I very much get the impression he didn't or if he did, he expected him to forgo it. Either way, its more than the likely its the last we've seen of Miller in a Wednesday shirt.

The "I've been told..." seems crucial to me.

It was what first made me think about the reason why he would be so bold with the answer.

If he was told a while ago I still think there was no need to say it off the back of a loss.