Just got back...

I have seen a lot worse than today but it was still crap. A few comments.

Teale was very poor

Reynolds was embarrassing. Maybe he was out of position but he could not do the basics.

Where were jones, spurr and coke? Dropped or injured?

Why did he bring on JOC?

Why didn't JJ get a run in the 2nd half

Thought the other 3 defenders and ROD did well.

Love tommy miller but he has been poor for a few weeks now.

As someone put on another thread, we need a number of young hungry players like madine who actually give a poo . Build this around 2 or 3 experienced leaders and we have a chance.

Ps, that ref was a blatant cheating tvvat!!!

Love Megson but he made some very odd decisions today

Ok win ugly fine if we lost today the media would have been all over us but i feel batterd and bruised with that ugly stick today, that was sunday morning football by any standard. Its a sad state of affairs when we treet a poor side like daggers with so much respect

Guest Bald Owl

The only thing i enjoyed about today was Rob Jones proper display of central defending, his passion, his desire his encouragement for the youngsters and his complete aerial dominance was complete. Bravo Rob. Thank flip for that.

Some people on here need to look at the league table. If you think a point is good then I guess you will be happy with league 2 next season. WE NEED WINS. Can the manager and some people on here not see this???

No one's pleased with a point as opposed to a win. But its not unreasonable to say a point isn't the end of the world all things considered.

Of course we need wins, but we're playing poorly.

Guest on the band wagon

It was a poor game, they had alot of the ball but did nothing with it and never posed a threat, the defence did look loads more solid a bit of fight from Jones but thought CB pair did well.

Could n't really afford to lose it, of course we still have games left but would have bben significant blow to confidence

Did feel that if we had had a go at them we could have won it GM just did n't want to risk it I would have brought JJ on with 15 mins to go to give them something to think about. Madine worked hard but there was no support, with no one from midfield breaking for him

would have taken the point before game, not really happy and wanted 3 but as GM sad post match that is the kind of game we have been losing so it's a point more than we had

The thing is though, we are doing the exact same as last season.

We are playing not to lose, yes it might have been a dodgy pen, and we were unlucky not to win.

But, if we keep playing not to lose, we will not win many either.

It does not fill me with confidence for next year.

Guest on the band wagon

Liked it when jones was going off to get his head looked at and he shouted at the Dr to fu*king hurry up

I dont think its embarrssing , we are a third division team playing away from home against a team 4 places below us in a relegation battle. we get a draw we were unlucky not to win. We took 2 points away from a team that could potentially overtake us and relegate us.

Your embarassment is from our history , Megson has to deal with the problems of the present and a point today was a good result.

Although like a lot of Owls fans aged 30+ I have been around during better times, embarrasment of today's result isn't down to our history at all. I simply look at our squad, look at their squad and realise that something has gone horribly wrong for things to be in a position where Dagenham & Redbridge were more than a match for us. I'm not blind to the reasons for our complete ineptness, but that doesn't mean it can be anything other than embarrasing.

Guest on the band wagon

MAL agree said to my lad that without offering a thret we would run the risk of them getting something which they did Really hope this is about steadying the ship (HMP wee wee the league is in danger of sinking) getting a bit of confidence wih getting points more regurlary

I want a lot more but can take it if we get to the summer ok and see how we re shape

Referee - awful a harsh penalty he was itching to give them something in the second half

Mark Reynolds - one of the worst players ever to put on an Owls shirt

Jones & Bath - refreshingly solid, no nonsense centre halves

gary megson - very negative today couldnt understand the tactics or the o'connor substitution. The idea of 4-5-1 is surely support to the front man from midfield, it was non existent.

London Transport - utter garbage

Dag & Redbridge Bar - was a good crack

Referee - awful a harsh penalty he was itching to give them something in the second half

gary megson - very negative today couldnt understand the tactics or the o'connor substitution. The idea of 4-5-1 is surely support to the front man from midfield, it was non existent.

Any sign of our Ultras?

Guest wednesday83

No one's pleased with a point as opposed to a win. But its not unreasonable to say a point isn't the end of the world all things considered.

Of course we need wins, but we're playing poorly.

Thats the point - we are playing poorly and unless we start winning and playing for wins we will be relegated.

Worst game of football I've ever seen - pitch was like concrete and practically impossible for us to get the ball down and knock it around. Didn't bother Dagenham though, they hoofed it forward at every single opportunity, never seen a team pass less than they do and make Stoke look like Barcelona. But it obviously works and they win their fair share of home games, but it was head tennis for 90mins.

Sure I can claim a refund on my match ticket under the trade descriptions act because their wasn't much football played.

O'Donnell didn't have much to do but looked very assured with his catching and claiming of crosses.

Rob Jones was man of the match by a country mile, ideal game for him to play in and he won everything. Was sure we'd concede when he went off to get his head bandaged. Thought Batth done very well too.

Other than that Madine worked his socks off and battled for everything and did well to release Teale and Sedgwick on a few occassions - shame the latter two are shybo.

Joey O'Brien looked decent for what it was worth, no midfielder as going to look good because the ball was just pumped from box to box for 90mins, but he did try and get the ball down when he had a bit of time.

Reynolds was woeful, first touch laughable and panics every time he is on the ball. He can't wait to hoof it as soon as he gets it.

How the ref can give one pen and not another is beyond me.

I'm happy every single player battled for every ball for 90mins today, we can loook at it that we've drawn away to 'little Dagenham and Redbridge' or we could start to flipping realise we're not in 1993 anymore and we have a seriously poor team and gained a point that should have been all 3 away to a team who are in better form than us.

Edited by Benjani

It says it all when our manager is delighted with the performance after managing to hold the mighty Dagenham & Redbridge to a draw.

Sorry, I'm all for Megson turning it around in the summer when he can shape the team as he wants it with money from Milan, but if this has what it has come down to with the players he still has at his disposal (regardless of whether they are bothered anymore) then I reckon we've hit an all time low today. 5 in midfield, none of which have anything about them whatsoever, and we could have all told Megson we wouldn't win.

Utterly embarrasing, almost as embarrasing as reading comments from here saying it was a decent result and that we were unlucky not to win. Have standards dropped this low?

Exeter, P'brough, Yeovil............

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I'm happy every single player battled for every ball for 90mins today, we can loook at it that we've drawn away to 'little Dagenham and Redbridge' or we could start to flipping realise we're not in 1993 anymore and we have a seriously poor team and gained a point that should have been all 3 away to a team who are in better form than us.

Truespeak.

Half the posters on here of the opinion that ' We are Sheffield Wednesday and we should be putting teams like D&R away '

Well the penny has got to drop sooner or later. 10 games into the season it was obvious that there were teams in this division with better players than us ( despite the reputations of our summer signings) , with a better team ethic and understanding, and with more desire and workrate.

This isn't 1993 anymore. It's not any season since that. It's the season 2010/1 and we are in the position we are in because we deserve to be there.

It's not about our name or history, it's about 11 V 11 in League one, and nearly every week we play teams that are tactically wiser and play better as a team. I'm pleased to hear that we battled yesterday..if that continues we wont be far away from getting some decent results.

We do not have a divine right to beat Brentford in our next game. Our name means nothing. We can beat them if every player works hard and we are set up in a positive way that gets the best out of the players we have.

Edited by Bannofan

A draw was the minimum the Daggers deserved in a display which isn't reflected by the result. Sheffield Wednesday offered very little until the Daggers equaliser, taking the lead against the run of play. It was another good display from John Still's men that just lacked that killer touch in front of goal. Danny Green looked very lively again and scored the FREE penalty with such confidence.

Thats the view from their website; bit different to what i'm reading on here.

that's better...

Agree with everything you've put, especially about Reynolds.

Guest bigblue

Bigblue,

Madine wasn't particularly dirty, just a battling display up in his own. Teale was the same old same old.

As for your final block of questions; we were asking them too.

Thanks Sam