Jones - 5

Reynolds - 6

Teale - 5

Miller - 5

Osbourne - 4

Coke - 5

Madine - 7

Heffernan - 5

Osobourne was by far the best player and deserves at least 7 if not an eight. O'Donell also did a great job in goal as did Madine up front, but the rest??????

Guest arobert

I was expecting when they announced Southampoton's Man of the Match the con man G Teale to step forward.

I would give him -2 for his performance because he aided Southampton's cause so heavily.

We had two very poor full backs in Morrison and Reynolds who were incapable of supporting the attack so a set piece looked like the only way we might score.

Unfortunately Teale wasted every single one apart from the free kick taken by Miller. Incidentally was that Miller or the invisible man?

RoD - 8

Morrison - 2

Jones - 6

Baath - 5

Reynolds - 2

Teale - (-2)

Osbourne - 7

Miller - 0

Coke - 5

Madine - 6

Heffernan - 5

O'Donnell - 7

Morrison - 5

Batth - 6

Jones - 6

Reynolds - 4

Teale - 3

Miller - 3

Osbourne - 8

Coke - 5

Madine - 6

Heffernan - 4

i thought Osbourne was our best player followed by O'Donnell

i thought Reynolds looked no where near good enough

i thought Miller and Teale had their worst games for SWFC

and Heff and Madine got low marks due to lack of service more than anything

i also thought it was telling that even at 2 down Megson still left Mellor on the bench

and i thought it was HUGE signal that Clinton wasn't even in the squad,

i reckon CM will be out on loan within days

Also captain - get rid of Miller now!!

the only one that showed any type of captaincy was Rob Jones

Edited by waddleisgod

Osbourne was excellent, not sure what people are smoking! Sure he made a couple of bad passes but when you win the ball back 3 times more than any other player you get away with a couple of bad passes in my book, and what about that tackle for a goalkick in our own penalty area? Superb.

ROD - 8 +

Morrison - 6+ can improve/good cover 2 positions

Jones - 6 will slowly get even slower

Batth - 6?

Reynolds - 6+ can improve/good cover 2 positions

Teale - 4 used to get all the assists but lost a yard and confidence

Miller - 2 used to ponce about with slight purpose, now struggles to ponce about due to age and injuries. 6k a week and not even bothered either

Osbourne - 7+ will probably improve too

Coke - 5+ out of position megsons fault, low on confidence

Heffernan - 5 bit too jeffers even if a fit one

Madine - 6+ needs pace next to him

JOC - 4

JJ - 4

Potter- 4

Players to retain or acquire +

megson 5 - made changes once again but wheres dan jones for left midfield to allow coke central?

would have made us more balanced and may have even got a shot on target from coke or a decent cross

whipped in due to jones' pace. defence was ok but again midfield was a shambles going either way

Osbourne - 8 ( we crumbled after he went off )

My thoughts exactly about the complete lack of presence in the centre of the field when he went off.

For a wideman Teale inability to cross is worrying. On a few occasions he had the chance to put the ball in from a freekick and yet they were woeful.

Although the Hef didn't score he did move about making their defence have to work a bit. A lot better than jsut standing there.

O'Donnell - 7

Morrison - 6

Batth - 6

Jones - 5

Reynolds - 5.5

Teale - 3

Miller - 4

Osbourne - 7

Coke - 5

Madine - 6

Heffernan - 5

I think each member of the back 4 could have done better, but as a unit they performed reasonably. We were playing a very good side and we competed for most of the game. Our problems last night were mostly further up the pitch. We just didn't create enough.

O'Donnell had a good debut and couldn't have done much about the goals.

Jones fell asleep for the first goal and looked shaky at times but overall he did ok.

Batth did alright but was perhaps lucky to stay on the pitch.

Morrison and Reynolds shouldn't be playing full back. They are both good defenders but they don't look comfortable there.

Teale isn't performing at the moment. He needs taken out of the team.

Osbourne was the only midfielder that fully got to grips with the game. We fell to pieces when he was taken off.

Guest 03 owl

O'Donnell - 8 Weds Man of the match, some great saves and didn't look over phased.

Morrison - 5 Morrison standard did ok did not pull up any trees, Reynolds Steady, but both are played out of pos, Batth a good debut same

Batth - 6 for Jones think he did some solid tackles.

Jones - 6

Reynolds - 6

Teale - 4 Midfield, Teale his set pieces where not great, Osbourne very neat and tidy and bossed the midfield for great periods. Coke

Miller - 5 was just not right, miller did ok showed some commitment.

Osbourne - 7

Coke - 5

Madine - 7 The forwards didn't have great service, thought they both put them selfs about, Heff had to keep dropping deeper.

Heffernan - 7

O,Donnell - 8 - Excellent debut , looked full of confidence considering the circumstances

Morrison - 5 - Not his worst game but still looks a liability

Jones - 7 - Has obvious limitations but won a heck of a lot in the air and seems to have the attitude we,re gonna need over the next few months

Batth - 6 - Again a pleasing attitude although a little rash at times

Reynolds - 5 - Improved as the game went on...........but in all honesty he had to!

Teale - 3 - I have to admit being VERY worried that Megson is bigging this guy up............he,s a conman

Osbourne - 6 - Worked extremely hard to break play up , only to squander most of the possession he gained

Miller - 3 - Non existent

Coke - 4 - Needs to show much more intent

Madine - 6 - Fed off scraps and did OK but needs a stonger approach

Heffernan - 5 - Neat and tidy on the ball but must get involved more

O'Donnell - 8 did not do much wrong

Morrison - 5 improving but still shakey

Batth - 7 New boy done good

Jones - 7 New boy done good

Reynolds - 6 Improving - kept young Chamberlin quiet with his pace for much of the game .

Teale - 0 Shocking

Miller - 5 Steady

Osbourne - 8 outstanding - we collapsed after he went off

Coke - 5

Madine - 8 worked his rocks of agaist a very good southampton defence

Heffernan - 6 as above but was not involved as much .

Potter O conner -- Not on the same plannet as Ossie .

JJ - Nice hair cut - just get rid somehow .

O'Donnell - 8 did not do much wrong

Morrison - 5 improving but still shakey agree

Batth - 7 New boy done good lucky not to get a second yellow but good start

Jones - 7 New boy done good good interaction and communication with ROD

Reynolds - 6 Improving - kept young Chamberlin quiet with his pace for much of the game . seems lost to me

Teale - 0 Shocking useless! his game is based on crossing he should spend hours a day practicing somehow think he doesn't

Miller - 5 Steady ineffectual for me

Osbourne - 8 outstanding - we collapsed after he went off full of energy misplaced a few passes tho but good effort

Coke - 5 Mardy and rubbish on the whole yesterday had a good shot though

Madine - 8 worked his rocks of agaist a very good southampton defence agree but he falls over very easily for a big lad

Heffernan - 6 as above but was not involved as much . prefer him more central seemed out of it

Potter O conner -- Not on the same plannet as Ossie . Just shouted FFS when they came on they cannot play together

JJ - Nice hair cut - just get rid somehow . poo poo haircut waste of a shirt and always has been imo

ROD - 7

Morrison - 6

Jones - 6.5

Batth - 6

Reynolds - 6

Teale - 2

Miller - 2

Osbourne - 7

Coke - 4

Heffernan - 5

Madine 6.5

Subs did nothing.

^^^

This but Reynolds and Morrison rated 4. Miller is a complete passenger IMO. Teale crossed everything straight into the keeper's hands.

ROD - 7 Did well on his debut.

M Morrison - 6 Thought he did reasonably well. Out of position a few times

Jones - 6 Won a few headers but does lack pace!

Batth - 6 Early booking but did not stop his commitment.

Reynolds - 3 Sorry but I just don't see what this guy has got at the moment. Be inclined to put him in at CB

Teale - 3 Delivery fom set pieces absolute gash. Only positive is that he did try to run at full back a few times.

Miller - 4 Legs seem to be going not at all influential

Osbourne - 7.5 Ok his distribution was a bit iffy but he put in a shift and we missed him when he went off

Coke - 6 Not his best game but out of position. Bags of potential but needs to be in centre with Osbourne.

Madine - 7 This guy will be good fo us. Was given no service but always put his body on line and held ball up as well as he possibly could.

Heffernan - 5 Tried but no real involvement in the game.