Jones - 5

Reynolds - 6

Teale - 5

Miller - 5

Osbourne - 4

Coke - 5

Madine - 7

Heffernan - 5

osbourne 4 ?????? this is a joke right??? hm and madine was by far our best players tonight.

Edited by owls-about-that

Madine won us so many free kicks in brilliant positions tonight.

He is the only one I see putting in a shift week in week out.

Only shining light at this dismal time.

Exactly my thoughts........for a young un, he's got great awareness of players around him..........falling over with style more like.

Osbourne EIGHT??????

He was flipping dire.

Cannot pass three feet.

I think that he was one of our best players tonight.

Yes, he can't pass, but he won numerous balls in midfield and created some very promising attacks.

When he went off we looked much worst.

Guest owls_4_life

Agree with what everyone has said. A special mention for Teale who was absolutely awful today and has been for the last few homes games I've seen him in too. No distribution, can't dribble and gets no where near his man. How many times did he stand and watch his man dribble around him or pass to someone else without putting on any pressure whatsoever?

All their attacks came down their left hand side because they'd obviously seen how little support Teale offers to the full back. I was a fan of him earlier in the season but he's gone really downhill recently and should be dropped for the next game IMO.

Madine was nowhere near a 7. All he does is fall over.

Also Teale 3.

<insert random proziac joke>

you have to be kidding me, we have a team of people who don't show for the ball, Teale and Madine were pretty much our only outlets today, and in fairness to Teale his crossing for the most part was decent. Like how in the honor of god did you arrive at a 3? The stick Osbourne is getting as well is beyond belief. I'm starting to side with DP on this, the Owls fanbase is so wide of the mark its not funny.

Guest Saturday Owl

All the defense did well today, I felt it was the midfield that let us down. Provided no service for the two best strikers at the club.

Positives-

ROD had a great debut, dead impressed.

Defense looked a lot better, just need Morrison and Reynolds to gain some confidence and get bombing down the wings. Both out of position though.

Madine once again proved that he is a class above the rest.

Osbourne had a good game, looked committed and a great challenge on Lalana was it first half?

Heffernan played and showed some decent peaces of link up play, needs the service though and he'll score for fun.

Negatives-

Once again no midfield which made it impossible for Osbourne

Teale was dire again, has slowly turned into a bag of poo poo.

Sloppy from a set piece again which changed the game.

ROLL ON NEXT SEASON!

Osbourne EIGHT??????

He was flipping dire.

Cannot pass three feet.

Have to agree that some of his passing was dire and infuriating when in good positions. However, he deserves a 7 for his workrate and energy alone. The rest of the midfield could learn a thing or two from him in that regard and also the fact that he is the only one in the midfield with a tackle in him. Coke has plenty more ability but just doesn't seem to have the right attitude, Miller is seemingly coming to the end of his career as although the brain knows what to do the body is struggling to make it happen. Teale just gets his head down and run into a blind alley, on numerous occasions if he had just looked up then we might have made something.

Can't make my mind up about Madine, getting him some decent service and support going forward would be nice though, never seems to have enough plac around him to work off.

Jones did ok and at least looks like he can help communicate and marshall the defence, did go missing a couple of times though, lost track of Lambert completely for the 2nd goal.

Well done Richard O'Donnell.

ROD - 8 - For his debut, fantastic. Made some good saves, plus I thought he communicated well with the rest of the defence.

Morrison - 6 - Not too bad, but not world beater either. I'm sure he will come good.

Jones - 7 - Got stuck in, looks like he likes to throw himself about to block the ball. Decent start.

Batth - 6 - Maybe lucky not to pick up a second yellow at some points, but he did like to get stuck in.

Reynolds - 6 - Again like Morrison, not fantastic but not all terrible. Neither full back offered much support going forward but maybe they were told not to?

Teale - 6 - Crossing wasn't good, set-pieces worse. The only reason I'm giving him an OK rating is that at least he made himself avaliable.

Miller - 4 - Think he will be moved on. Good techncial ability, but didn't seem to make himself available at all, think legs might have gone?

Osbourne - 7 - If he could pass he would be brilliant. Tackles, closes down, drives upfield with the ball.

Coke - 5 - Don't think he did hardly anything to be fair. Should be playing in the centre with Osbourne though

Heffernan - 6 - Didn't really get a sniff of the ball, had one half-chance that flashed when a ball flashed infront of him, he probably didn't recongise the ball when he saw it.

Madine 7 - Thought he worked hard, but hardly any support.

Summary - Defence did look more solid against good Southampton side with pace.

Midfield, poor attacking, Osbourne did well defending.

Attack - No support or supply

Teale - 6 - Crossing wasn't good, set-pieces worse. The only reason I'm giving him an OK rating is that at least he made himself avaliable.

You've got to be kidding? Six out of ten? By definition that's 'above average', but pretty standard for the usual lazy 6-7-7-6-7-6-8-6-6-7-7 that we often see in the papers from journalists who have probably spent most of the game in the bar or digitally connected to the bookies. Teale was abysmal.

You've got to be kidding? Six out of ten? By definition that's 'above average', but pretty standard for the usual lazy 6-7-7-6-7-6-8-6-6-7-7 that we often see in the papers from journalists who have probably spent most of the game in the bar or digitally connected to the bookies. Teale was abysmal.

He was wee wee poor at crossing, and he was wee wee poor at set pieces. But he got the ball time and time again, I haven't got the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if he touched the ball 3 times whatever Miller had.

He made himself available all the time, unlike Coke and Miller. Osbourne just got the ball himself to be fair, didn't need to rely on anyone.

You might not agree, which is fair enough, and maybe I'm being too generous and explaining badly, but do you know what I mean about he was always wiling to have the ball?

He was wee wee poor at crossing, and he was wee wee poor at set pieces. But he got the ball time and time again, I haven't got the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if he touched the ball 3 times whatever Miller had.

He made himself available all the time, unlike Coke and Miller. Osbourne just got the ball himself to be fair, didn't need to rely on anyone.

You might not agree, which is fair enough, and maybe I'm being too generous and explaining badly, but do you know what I mean about he was always wiling to have the ball?

I think you've explained yourself well enough (and I wouldn't argue with what you've said), but... just showing for the ball getting you an above average score!?

Any striker that works hard but doesn't score should become a fookin' Rugby player.

:rolleyes:

If we're talking about Madine, the ball is pumped up to him time and time again, does he get any support? No.

I don't think it's his fault he didn't score, not a single chance was created for him and most of the time he got the ball he's got a defender kicking him and he's trying to fight them off

I think you've explained yourself well enough (and I wouldn't argue with what you've said), but... just showing for the ball getting you an above average score!?

To be honest, I know it might make no mathmatical sense but for me a 6 is about average. A bit like Football Manager, everyone used to start on six out of 10 until anything happened :biggrin:

Also, considering how shocking poo poo we seem to be maybe encouragement is needed for the rest of the players to be open like Teale and actually will to try and do something. If the rest of them were as willing we might be actually be able to have some sort of attacking play rather than hitting Madine with it.

But I can also see where you're coming from. DId he scare their full-back, no. Plus his crossing and set-pieces were poo poo. But for me, I honestly think he was trying, which in this team seems to stand out a little.