Paul Ince

Guest kingscross2hirst

Personally would be happy with ince. He's a winner and wont suffer any fools.

I think the job he did at macclesfield has been overlooked. Macclesfield were as good as down when he took over, marooned well adrift, yet he somehow kept them up. He then went on to do the 'double' at mk.

Dont think he was given enough time or support at blackburn.

Would prefer a young, hungry manager than a megson,allardyce,worthington etc.

I wouldnt worry about havin a manager without big club experience. Hasnt worked out too bad for leeds appointing simon grayson has it?

why are people excited by this (if it's true) no better than sheridan in my opinion and i want sheridan!!!!

it's not who we want, i think ince is a pretty accurate shot...thought about it two days ago, and, looks even better bet now, should have had a bob on it...he's the type that fits the mandric bill...

My family are all Blackburn Rovers fans and I saw them quite a bit with Ince in charge.

Frankly, he was a joke there. It has put me off him completely. None of the players knew what he wanted them to do. I can remember Matt Derbyshire, several times stood there shrugging his shoulders asking Ince what he wants. (Derbyshire wasn't the nonchalant kind of player - he lived and breathed Blackburn Rovers, lived next door to the ground etc, but Ince seemed to beat that out of him). He made questionable signings (£1mill for Keith Andrews, £4mill for Vince Grella), he did sign Robinson which worked out well.

Tactically he was drowning at Rovers. I have never seen anyone look more out of their depth. He was trying to play League 2 tactics in the premier league and got shown up.

I wouldn't choose Ince, but if he were to come here I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt - perhaps he can build himself into a top manager and us into a top team, but I saw nothing to suggest he could do that at Blackburn.

My family are all Blackburn Rovers fans and I saw them quite a bit with Ince in charge.

Frankly, he was a joke there. It has put me off him completely. None of the players knew what he wanted them to do. I can remember Matt Derbyshire, several times stood there shrugging his shoulders asking Ince what he wants. (Derbyshire wasn't the nonchalant kind of player - he lived and breathed Blackburn Rovers, lived next door to the ground etc, but Ince seemed to beat that out of him). He made questionable signings (£1mill for Keith Andrews, £4mill for Vince Grella), he did sign Robinson which worked out well.

Tactically he was drowning at Rovers. I have never seen anyone look more out of their depth. He was trying to play League 2 tactics in the premier league and got shown up.

I wouldn't choose Ince, but if he were to come here I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt - perhaps he can build himself into a top manager and us into a top team, but I saw nothing to suggest he could do that at Blackburn.

I think the Blackburn job came too early for him.

Maybe we are what he needs and he is what we need???

The more I think about it the more I think it's a good idea.

one problem with a club bringing a successful manager in from elsewhere is, was he totally the man responsible for the last clubs success, look at danny wilson getting barnsley promoted, then comes to us and clearly fails, he didn't bring any support staff with him from the dings...and as such he's then working with the staff that got the last bloke fired...anyway the rovers job was too much, too soon for ince...it was blackburn clutching at straws...no, like him or not, he's the type that fits the mandric bill...he fancy's his chances of doing better with the right tools (swfc and mandric will supply those)...he's at a much smaller club at the mo, doing reasonably well...and he looks the type to instil some backbone into the players, and play some footy too...get used to it, he's in with a serious shout...

In fairness, Blackburn only have themselves to blame for appointing a League Two manager for a Premiership job and at least Ince showed ambition by taking the opportunity.

It would still be a sensible appointment if he did come to us, he knows this league well and has experience of working successfully with limited players (not Premier League nancy boys) to hit targets.

Could be worth a gamble.

Edited by ak15

I think Ince is an intriguing suggestion. One thing's for sure our next manager needs to be a big character - you can't manage this club's expectations without a bit of something about you. I don't mind his ego, and it can work a treat in football managers.

Blackburn - came to soon for him and he admitted it but he'll have learned something from it and will be desperate to get back to the Prem.

Better than a lot of the more realistic names mentioned on here.

Personally, I would take him.

His stint at Blackburn wasn't anything short of a disaster, but he shown the ambition we need to take up the job and test himself. There is no doubt Paul Ince would have learned a lot about himself during this period.

However, his managing in the lower leagues has been nothing short of a success. Saving Macclesfield in his first season, when they looked dead and buried, was a great achievement. Then going on to MK Dons and leaving with them top of the table, before that Blackburn disaster. Currently doing well with Notts (I think they have only lost once since he has been in charge.)

I will support any new manager that takes the reigns of this club, but if the man is Paul Ince, I would be delighted.

My only question about Ince would be his loyalty.