Paul Ince

Guest andyofsheffield

I hope this isn't going to happen. Nothing against the guy, but it's not the type of manager that would make me think "everythings going to be ok from now on".

Guest starrydave

I hope this isn't going to happen. Nothing against the guy, but it's not the type of manager that would make me think "everythings going to be ok from now on".

like a security blanket? :-S

Always comes across very well.

He's a character, and is someone who will inspire players. His record so far (Blackburn aside) is very impressive indeed. The job he did at Macclesfield was unbelievable to be fair. He transformed MK Dons from a side slipping down the league ladder into a club that could hold it own in League One. And the start at Notts County have been pretty impressive also.

That's not to say I'd want him.

Whenever the Wednesday manager debate is brought (same as previously when Laws was dismissed) I split managers into two categories. Managers who I think we should go for and should be able to attract, and managers I expect us to go for, and ultimately appoint.

The type of manager I'd go for, and would love us to go for is someone like Gianfranco Zola (I've made enough posts on him previously as to why!), but if Wednesday go down the "type of manager I expect we'll appoint" then Paul Ince is the pick of those. He's a far better option than John Sheridan, that's for sure.

Always comes across very well.

He's a character, and is someone who will inspire players. His record so far (Blackburn aside) is very impressive indeed. The job he did at Macclesfield was unbelievable to be fair. He transformed MK Dons from a side slipping down the league ladder into a club that could hold it own in League One. And the start at Notts County have been pretty impressive also.

That's not to say I'd want him.

Whenever the Wednesday manager debate is brought (same as previously when Laws was dismissed) I split managers into two categories. Managers who I think we should go for and should be able to attract, and managers I expect us to go for, and ultimately appoint.

The type of manager I'd go for, and would love us to go for is someone like Gianfranco Zola (I've made enough posts on him previously as to why!), but if Wednesday go down the "type of manager I expect we'll appoint" then Paul Ince is the pick of those. He's a far better option than John Sheridan, that's for sure.

well said,it does appear that any realistic name put forward on here is trashed,people need to get real.

Having watched the Notts County - Man City game, I have to say that my opinion (of which has been fairly non existent) has improved. Big name, experience, right attitude, good contacts...

I've been sat on the fence for a while with Mr Irvine, and I'm not surprised that he remained in charge for the weekend, but defeat on Tuesday leaves us too far behind the pack of good sides!

What Wednesday need now is a motivator.

Guest sotonowl

Here's along shot, Paul Scholes. Could be player manager, just what we need in midfield, doesn't live too far away, so we may suit him, will probably have Fergie helping him out with a few decent young loan signings. Played on the biggest stages, so won't be overwhelmed by Hillsborough. May be no good as a manager, that's the risk we would be taking.

FFS