Milan backs Irvine

Is this the good old vote of confidence ......... Waheyyyyy he will be gone soon then.

God i hope so, i'm fuming that he didnt get sacked straight after the Orient game.

Just how bad have things got to get before the boring scottish w@nker gets the chop. :angry:

The language in the statement is very careful.

he NEVER mentions the manager......

September 28, 2010: Mandaric backs Sousa, ""It is crucial we stick together, get behind the team and manager and give him a chance to turn things around."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9040633.stm

October 1, 2010: Sousa sacked, "The decision has been taken as a result of the club's poor run of results this season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9051656.stm

lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol positive news for sure.

Not sure why Mandaric comes out and says he's going to give the manager a chance, then sacks him 1 game later though. I'd just say nothing beforehand- does make the changes sound pretty rash.

Having said that though sounds like Irvine will be out if we lose tommorow so good news, however I can't see even Irvine failing against Yeovil unforunately...

No; no game in-between 28th and 1st. They lost on the 28th, and had their next game on the 2nd, day after sacking.

So, for me - anything but a win gives Milan the excuse to drop it on him - a win tomorrow and he might look a bit stupid, having released the above statement the day before...

Sousa's record at Leicester was positively decent compared to Irvine's whilst MM has bought us out

This is the first time he's had this attitude toward badly undeperfoming managers

I wonder why.....

IF Wilkinson is having that influence, then he needs to be booted out the door along with bottom Irvine.

I read that as A chance i.e. win on Tuesday or you are gone. The similarity to the Sousa statement has done nothing to change my mind.

Can't imagine Richards, Allen or any of the old guard pro-actively making a public statement to give the manager a kick up the back side. Maybe interference from the boardroom can be a bad thing but I'm not displeased with Madaric stamping some authority on things at a crucial time in the season.

My Prediction.

We won't lose against Yeovil.

We won't lose against Hereford.

We will lose against Peterborough.

At this point Irvine will be sacked and Howard Wilkinson will leave within a week after Irvine getting the boot.

However, if we do lose to Yeovil then Irvine deserves sacking and his nuts chopping off for being unbelievably poo .

My Prediction.

We won't lose against Yeovil.

We won't lose against Hereford.

We will lose against Peterborough.

At this point Irvine will be sacked and Howard Wilkinson will leave within a week after Irvine getting the boot.

However, if we do lose to Yeovil then Irvine deserves sacking and his nuts chopping off for being unbelievably poo .

That's what i expect to happen as well.

It's sort of ridiculous that he's still in a job though, because we're all just waiting (Mandaric included by the sounds of it) for us to lose a game so we can sack him.

He's not going to turn things around, and he's never going to win the fans round either.

It is (as has been said) a perfect example of a dead man walking- we're just waiting for the final nail in his coffin, and should that come against Peterborough, then that's another 3 points we're flushed down the toilet against promotion rivals.

That's what i expect to happen as well.

It's sort of ridiculous that he's still in a job though, because we're all just waiting (Mandaric included by the sounds of it) for us to lose a game so we can sack him.

He's not going to turn things around, and he's never going to win the fans round either.

It is (as has been said) a perfect example of a dead man walking- we're just waiting for the final nail in his coffin, and should that come against Peterborough, then that's another 3 points we're flushed down the toilet against promotion rivals.

It's sad we're just delaying the inevitable and wasting more and more of this season, which could still be salvaged if we act now.

I'm extremely grateful to Mandaric and I respect what he decides to but I just wish we wouldn't keep drawing it out like this.