Milan backs Irvine

The main reason this debate is so polarised and seemingly "knee-jerk" is because of the transfer window

It would be madness to let AI rebuild the team and sign loads of players to them sack him - that would leave a new manager with a load of players on long contracts who he may not want - and very little/no opportunity to bring other players in to remould the team his own way

That's why getting rid now with leeway regarding time and finances makes some sort of sense

Unless of course HW is doing the recruiting and he's gonna take up the reins if AI gets punted - which seems doubtful

I can't think of any other scenario - other than AI is staying for the season at least - in which what's happening no makes sense

scram. do u think that the reason why it may have gone quiet on the transfer front as to why no midfielders coming in at the mo is. that milan may have stopped transfers as irvine is about to be shown the door despite backing him today and a new manager will want his own players like u said.just a thought.

I wouldn't say it has gone quiet tbh - we've signed 4 already which is a pretty strong vote of confidence - obviously we aren't gonna be signing a player every day but only a couple of days ago we were supposedly enquiring about Lee Hughes (this isn't about the merits or otherwise of that enquiry but about how we haven't gone completely quiet on the transfer front)

I suppose time will tell over the next week or so - tghe squad is horribly unbalanced at the minujte though and badly needs some midfielders - central and wide

I wouldn't say it has gone quiet tbh - we've signed 4 already which is a pretty strong vote of confidence - obviously we aren't gonna be signing a player every day but only a couple of days ago we were supposedly enquiring about Lee Hughes (this isn't about the merits or otherwise of that enquiry but about how we haven't gone completely quiet on the transfer front)

I suppose time will tell over the next week or so - tghe squad is horribly unbalanced at the minujte though and badly needs some midfielders - central and wide

It was only a couple of days ago we were told by the vice chairman that he was waiting on approval from Irvine "within 24-48 hours" to start negotiations with the next target as well, so I'm not sure if Mandaric really has put any deals on hold.

It's a results based business and Irvine is failing to get results. Mandaric won't stand for it much longer. I trust he will have his own man in sooner rather than later.

I think in Teale and JJ we are alright out wide, they're both very good players for this division, however we could do with another option. Sedgwick doesn't do it for me though. I can't see what he offers to the team. He has been pretty ineffective so far IMO.

The centre of midfield is what is costing us. Myself and many others have been saying it all season. Our current players just aren't good enough. If Mandaric spends some money here too we should coast this league comfortably. Although we should be doing far better with what we have now anyway.

For instance had United had sacked Blackwell last summer then I think they might well have got O'Driscoll from Donny. I think one of the reasons they didn't get SOD was that it was well into the season before they decided to go and get him and I think they might have had more joy if they had tried last summer. Come the summer there might be more interesting options on offer than here is now?

This is a good point, there could be some good options at the end of the season. The problem is, a lot of people would take anyone else over Irvine at the moment.

I trust MM, but I thought he wanted a return on his investment ASAP.....Irvine has us 12th in the league and makes some fans not even want to go tomorrow night.