Milan backs Irvine

The language in the statement is very careful.

he NEVER mentions the manager......

September 28, 2010: Mandaric backs Sousa, ""It is crucial we stick together, get behind the team and manager and give him a chance to turn things around."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9040633.stm

October 1, 2010: Sousa sacked, "The decision has been taken as a result of the club's poor run of results this season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9051656.stm

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Well im sticking by Milan. He got us out of the poo poo, and is putting his money where his mouth is. Nice to here another couple of players are coming in. In milan i trust, but i agree with the above, lose tomorrow and Irvine will be gone.

So what you are saying then is you are right behind him - unless we lose the next game?

What is the point of that? You are behind him for upto and including 90 minutes, unless the result doesn't go our way. You either back or sack a manager.

Every game that passes consigns us to another season in this horrible division.

So what you are saying then is you are right behind him - unless we lose the next game?

What is the point of that? You are behind him for upto and including 90 minutes, unless the result doesn't go our way. You either back or sack a manager.

Every game that passes consigns us to another season in this horrible division.

No, I am behind whatever Milan does, not Irvine. I, like most on here want Irvine gone, but its milans money what saved us, and is milans money going on transfers.

I'm just wondering if all parties have decided to get through to the end of the season and see where we are. Now fair enough there is a chance we could still go down and if this becomes a serious possibility then a change could still be made but having seen various clubs this season change their manager and scratch around like headless chickens looking for a replacement then I think it makes sense to be measured in our thinking over the next managerial appointment if there is to be one.

For instance had United had sacked Blackwell last summer then I think they might well have got O'Driscoll from Donny. I think one of the reasons they didn't get SOD was that it was well into the season before they decided to go and get him and I think they might have had more joy if they had tried last summer. Come the summer there might be more interesting options on offer than here is now?

In the short term under Irvine there will probably more frustration and pain but in saving our club, Milan Mandaric has earned the right to make the decisions that shape our club in the future. I think we have to leave it to Milan and trust him to might the right decision whether it be sooner or later?

September 28, 2010: Mandaric backs Sousa, ""It is crucial we stick together, get behind the team and manager and give him a chance to turn things around."

January 24, 2011: "We have a crucial game tomorrow night so we've got to get behind the players and the manager"

28/9/2010 - Mandaric on Sousa - "It is crucial we stick together, get behind the team and manager and give him a chance to turn things around."

Sacked three days later.

24/2/2011 - Mandaric on Irvine - "We have a crucial game tomorrow night so we've got to get behind the players and the manager and give him a chance."

Sacked ???

HE'S A GONER

Edited by KivoOwl

28/9/2010 - Mandaric on Sousa - "It is crucial we stick together, get behind the team and manager and give him a chance to turn things around."

Sacked three days later.

24/2/2011 - Mandaric on Irvine - "We have a crucial game tomorrow night so we've got to get behind the players and the manager and give him a chance."

:biggrin:

Sacked three days later.

:laugh:

And some people claim Mandaric is unpredictable and wild.

Sacked three days later.

Sacked ???

HE'S A GONER

:biggrin:

DEAD MAN WALKING.

Despite my predictions recently smashing on the rocks that are Irvines utter incompetence - he has been given the greatest get-out-of-jail card ever - he has the chance to "prove himself" against a team we simply cannot lose to - we just cannot - this time next year Yeovil will be fighting for their football league status - they are THAT bad - you could literally put all the names of the outfield players in a hat and draw them at random and no matter who came out you'd still fashion a team that wouldn't lose to Yeovil

Then we follow up against a team at home that is right now fighting for it's football league status

In one way its good because it will give us a couple of wins that may yet kickstart our badly faultering season - and i think that comes before any feelings on the manager

But ultimately can anybody really see AI being up to the much more testing tasks of competing with championship teams were we to fluke promotion this season?

Can't understand why there can be any reason put forward for any more delays in turning this ship around

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9040633.stm

October 1, 2010: Sousa sacked, "The decision has been taken as a result of the club's poor run of results this season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9051656.stm

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Nice find. Almost word for word.

SACKED IN THE MORNING, YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING

Sacked three days later.

Sacked ???

HE'S A GONER

Even funnier is the fact that under Sousa's reign he mentions the word 'team' - where as with Irvine it is just 'players'. That is what they are - a bunch of players that don't play as a team.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9040633.stm

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9051656.stm

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Good spot. Sounds ominous for Irvine but my only doubt would be, with so little Transfer Window left, whether he may be allowed to stick about and get more players in - he knows the squad best remember and his signings haven't been to bad tbh.

Although the replacement may already be lined up and has identified targets.

Martin O'Neill, 2 midfielders and a winger hopefully!