Don't like the sound of this

I'm jealous if your teeth can still get to grips with parkin.

I was going to send you a suet Steak and Kidney (Fray Bentos) until I heard about your recent OP.

I think I told you before, but they are now stocked in Waitrose under their Classics section.

Don't tell me Parkin is a no go, too, FFS.

(When you are well enough PM me and I will send a S&K over - No problem).

I was going to send you a suet Steak and Kidney (Fray Bentos) until I heard about your recent OP.

I think I told you before, but they are now stocked in Waitrose under their Classics section.

Don't tell me Parkin is a no go, too, FFS.

(When you are well enough PM me and I will send a S&K over - No problem).

It's funny you should mention that because my mate's bringing me some over next week...........I know I probably shouldn't, but what's the point of life if you can't enjoy yourself. :biggrin:

and thanks for the kind offer.........although I'm coming over for Easter to re-stock and take in a game or two.

like i said in an earlier post the majority of carlisle fans are sad to see him go, i work with 5 season ticket holders and all hold him in high reguard, he's not the finished article but has the potential and we have him at a good age.

some cafc fans i speak to still say danny graham never did enough at brunton park!! its a 1 club county and as a result some can't see past the borders.

The comments from some Carlisle fans are concerning but...

Madine is the sort of player we should be taking a gamble on if we can get him for the right price. He's only 20 so there's still time for him to develop under the right management. I don't think Irvine is the right person to nuture him (having seen the way players like Spurr and Beevers have regressed under his tenure, and the fact that he consistently fails to get the best of what is at his disposal), but I'm sure a future manager may be able to develop him further.

From what I've seen of Madine he has the raw attributes to be an asset to us, he just needs a bit of polishing and guidance. I remember when Grant Holt signed for us and he was very much a diamond in the rough - you could see he had the raw qualities to succeed, but he just needed a bit of work. Pity we moved him on so soon. I get a similar feeling around Madine.

Good luck to the lad, hope he does well for us.

I think he looks quite promising for what it's worth, as does Reynolds who is predicted to become a full Scottish international.

I think we're buying well - young hungry players with some promise. We'll at least get some effort and enthusiasm from them I'll predict and there'll be other surprises like the Radiator.

We'll be shifting players out too you can be sure. Shaking / freshening up the squad is exactly what's required.

What you lot talking about, he looks awesome.

Not sure he's as tall as some claim though.

is it just me or is it soul destroying when you see a six year old kid is miles better than you at football

You're right of course........I'm just going by what I have in front of me, which is all I can do when I've never seen him play.........but there are question marks, hopefully the Jeffersesque transfer fee will have gone to better use this time.

He's young and I'm hopeful.

I don`t think he`s cost anything like what`s being rumoured.

He was out of contract in the summer, 150K max IMO.

Nobody should be surprised - AI likes a big target man and he plays percentage football - but his teams previously have lacked the dynamism that earlier teams did like Wimbledon and Taylor's Watford

AI is a disciple of that philosphy but seems to lack conviction - it's become a style that has lost favour because it's so limited - though it can have effect and impact ultimately it's not going far

Even the so-called long ball teams that are effetcive such as Stoke may be more direct - but their foundation is built on a working ethic that impels them to not let up on their opponent - they fight for every inch of the pitch - and they work at set pieces - but they also have some gifted footballers and they are a ,ong way from being a long ball team - because the old style long ball stuff (which Irvine errs toward) is quite easy to counter longer term - years ago some teams (including us at times against Wimbledon) would be passive and almost give in to it

Now most teams realise that any team that wants to risk possession every time they get the ball is a good one to play against if you plan for it

I dunno how it's gonna pan out with the way our team evolves - we have 2 of the best strikers in the division and maybe Maybe will be more of an impact sub and possibly a long term option if we lose Mellor

I really hope AI doesn't try to recreate that lamentably painful-on-the-eyes Preston team of his

There is definietly a new wave in football philosophy - but our supposedly "modern manager" seems stuck in the dark ages.

I hope he changes

if he can get away with it, he'll play the big lad up front as the target man tudgay never was, he won't go 3 up unless it's in the later stages, so it's the big 'un +1...we hardly have the wingmen to skin a f/b get to the deadball line and whip a cross in, so the only other way to hit the big lad is...irvineball...and while we're humping it we don't need the midfield ball player...the one thing about it that concerns me is, if we hump it to the target man, and he either wins it outright, or causes sufficient problems that their defence hasn't cleared it...who gets to the breakdown for us???, i'm as quick as mellor over 5-10 yards, and way quicker than morrison over that distance...i'm not sure alan won't still have a problem or two by trying to hump it...

a side that humps it, should be playing pressing football, we can't do that were too old...we can't commit men upfield who then can't get back...

back around 1980 big jack's side went to cambridge, they had a huge c/f and we only had smithy and pickering...i was concerned, we could in no way compete with their big guy (george sharpe?)...we didn't bother him, we let him win the ariel ball and doubled up on the other two, can't remember whether we won 2, or 3 -0.

only a couple of years later big jack had mcculloch as a targetman, BUT he had pace in bannister and TC feeding off the break with the likes of kevin taylor, leman, and hornsby supporting all day long...we have non of those attributes in this side...

doesn't sound too promising.......

The two Chesterfield fans on football heaven said he was just a frame who could head the ball and that's about it......

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since he was on loan there, he's bulked up a lot and was certainly more than that at hillsborough this season.

Guest zero)))

I think he looks quite promising for what it's worth, as does Reynolds who is predicted to become a full Scottish international.

Yeah when David Weir eventually pops it.

13 goals in 81 games, 7 of those in 2 games. so 6 goals in the 79 games.

I dont want to be negative but surely this isnt the kind of player we should be going for.

In todays market £600k ish is a lot of money. There are surely better players available for that and less.

Soton got rickie lambert for not a great deal more.