Don't like the sound of this

13 goals in 81 games, 7 of those in 2 games. so 6 goals in the 79 games.

I dont want to be negative but surely this isnt the kind of player we should be going for.

In todays market £600k ish is a lot of money. There are surely better players available for that and less.

Soton got rickie lambert for not a great deal more.

I doubt we paid that much, it'll be structured.

He didn't score many earlier in his career looking at the stats but he was 17 or 18 years old. Since returning from Coventry he's started to score more regularly, I don't think it matters if his goals come in one game or ten, it shows he can score.

Mellor has scored a few goals in the fa and jpt but were not dissapointed are we?

Edited by Bluesteel

Who cares?

David Hirst and Alan Shearer (they're the only noatble ones I can particularly remember) had modest scoring records early in their careers.

I asked the question as it seems a little unfair to slate the lad on his goals to appearance ratio when most of his appearances have been as a sub.

I thought Shearer scored a hat-trick on his debut? Did he fade away for a while after that? However, your point stands, not many young strikers bang in loads of first team goals from the off.

To be fair i don't know but how can a fee of up to £800,000 be justified for for a player with 13 career goals?

charlie austin or le fondre would surely cost similar fees

To be honest I don't know how much we paid for him or anything about him as a player so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Charlie Austin would be sold for at least 1.5m I would think going on reports. Our tactic seems to be to look for players coming towards the end of their deal.

I wouldn't be any happier with le fondre as he is so similar to heffernan. At least madine has something a little different.