Don't like the sound of this

Are you surprised? What did you think Irvine had signed the 6' 5" Madine for?

I don't know much about the lad but as soon as I saw that........

I'm not having a go at Madine before anyone starts that poo .

Not surprised no but Carlisle fans seem to blame him for their ugly style of football. An accusation many already lay at the feet of Irvine here.

P.S. The official Carlisle site has him down as 6'3" for what its worth.

They don't seem to rate one of their top scorers. Some of it seems a bit nasty because he's left but its a bit concerning.

He genuinely reminded me of carroll at hillsborough, quick for a tall player, similar stance and lead the line well. If it doesn't work then we won't pay carlisle the full amount surely?

Lets not start getting worried about a new signing this quickly.... I distinctly remember someone saying THE RADIATOR was going to be crap because he came from Plymouth and hes looked good so far. :biggrin:

I didn't mean to suggest Madine is crap, I'm sure he will be a good target man. Just pointing out that some Carlisle fans blamed him for unattractive hoofball tactics. Which we already know too well ourselves, many of us wanting to see more passing at ground level.

Guest Sheff Owl

IMO there is nothing wrong with having a few big/tall players in your squad gives you different options BUT...

If Irvine has brought him in with the aim of 'hoof ball' then what a flipping joke that is.

Our team has shown that when they play it on the floor they can get the better of teams and we need to stick to that.

What we really need is a midfielder with some creativity and a ball winner that is not scared to get stuck in.

A creative player could really make the difference for us.

I wish Madine all the luck and i hope he bangs in the goals.

*A little note if your are gonna play hoof ball you need to be able to execute it correctly and we don't. SO DON'T flipping DO IT!!!

Not over joyed with this signing really, thought maybe someone a bit more proven. But will judge better once seen him a few times.

One good thing is we seem to be getting some tall lads which we haven't had many for a long time, always small bullied squad.

Lets not start getting worried about a new signing this quickly.... I distinctly remember someone saying THE RADIATOR was going to be crap because he came from Plymouth and hes looked good so far. :biggrin:

The difference is the Plymouth fans rated Réda........supporter opinion is usually right.

e.g.....before JJ signed the Bradford fans said he flattered to deceive..........I rest my case. :biggrin: