I want us to win the JPT

Some people are calling it the "mingmong" Cup or, more traditionally, "mickey mouse". Apart from promotion it's no different to the play off final though. We were playing Hartlepool for goodness sake and that was a great day wasn't it? Currently there is zero chance of us ever playing Arsenal in the FA Cup final or MU in the League Cup final so lets go for what we can.

It would be nice to put Dave Allen in his place (couldn't care less about tinpot Chesterfield) and it's only a fiver so what reason is there not to go?

Even a JPT cup run would generate some money and success breeds success, winning becomes a habit. I've never believed that a cup run is a distraction or a ahindrance. Players want to play, fans want to win, was anyone moaning when we put the champagne on ice, and went to Wembley twice!

The club is at a crucial point in it's history but we could still end the season with a trophy, promotion and a takeover.

What can the fans do to help.......go to home matches and spend some money at the ground, starting with Wednesday night. We need to keep this club in business until it's turned round, it's up to us.

Some people are calling it the "mingmong" Cup or, more traditionally, "mickey mouse". Apart from promotion it's no different to the play off final though. We were playing Hartlepool for goodness sake and that was a great day wasn't it? Currently there is zero chance of us ever playing Arsenal in the FA Cup final or MU in the League Cup final so lets go for what we can.

It would be nice to put Dave Allen in his place (couldn't care less about tinpot Chesterfield) and it's only a fiver so what reason is there not to go?

Even a JPT cup run would generate some money and success breeds success, winning becomes a habit. I've never believed that a cup run is a distraction or a ahindrance. Players want to play, fans want to win, was anyone moaning when we put the champagne on ice, and went to Wembley twice!

The club is at a crucial point in it's history but we could still end the season with a trophy, promotion and a takeover.

What can the fans do to help.......go to home matches and spend some money at the ground, starting with Wednesday night. We need to keep this club in business until it's turned round, it's up to us.

A good run in the JPT would give the whole club a boost.

A trip to Wembley would be fantastic!

Guest pembo55

I said at that start of the season I want to win this going to wembley to watch Wednesday regardless of what cup it is, is just going to ne fantastic to see. Plus winning a competion will be massive for the team and fans.

Uto

I will get abuse for this post but I find the competition holds no kudos for winning.

Cant get motivated for winning a competition restricted to league one and league two clubs.

This club shouldnt be in this position and while we arent a big club any more we are too big for league one.

This competition doesnt do it for me as a supporter.

I've got zero interest in winning this cup apart from the possibility of a trip to Wembley. We haven't been there for 17 years and without drastic changes or competations such as this we are not likely to get there for 17 more.

Even if we won the trophy I wouldn't be celebrating the silverware, I'd be celebrating 40,000 Wednesdayites in one place, still proud as hell after all the endless poo that we've had thrown at us.

UTO

I will get abuse for this post but I find the competition holds no kudos for winning.

Cant get motivated for winning a competition restricted to league one and league two clubs.

This club shouldnt be in this position and while we arent a big club any more we are too big for league one.

This competition doesnt do it for me as a supporter.

Didn't go to any the last time we were in this god awful trophy,not gunna start now.

For all of those knocking the JPT:

Whether you think we're 'too big to be where we are' (League One) or not is irrelevant really. We are where we are on merit. Or lack of it. We are currently where our team deserves to be.

Now, bearing this is mind, you DON'T want to be crowned the bestest team out of the whole sorry bunch in the division we're currently in and the one below?

Surely winning it would precisely prove your point?

Edited by NicNac

Their's no better feeling than seeing your team win at wembley. A major trophy would be great, but those days are yet to come. In the here and now, success breeds success. We night that feel good factor, that winning mentality so that we can march on to bigger and better things.

I think we should have a go at it too. I'd like to see my team play at the new Wembley and if we won it, it would boost the players' confidence.

Of course the wife, as she did for the play off final, will ask why I want to go when it'll be on the telly anyway! They don't get it do they?

I think we should have a go at it too. I'd like to see my team play at the new Wembley and if we won it, it would boost the players' confidence.

Of course the wife, as she did for the play off final, will ask why I want to go when it'll be on the telly anyway! They don't get it do they?

Next time your missus wants some new shoes - tell her to watch the Fashion Channel instead, or Ugly Betty.....