spot the owl

Guest T C's Tash

for me it has to be one of the following...

Leon Clarke at cookie stand in meadowhall

Leon Clarke at Local chippy with wade small

Leon Clarke at Kfc Down Boro

Take ya Pick... :biggrin:

Added to this ... Leon Clarke at the McDonalds outside Cineworld, Wolverhampton.

Anyone else see Leon at any fast food places? :biggrin:

I saw our good friend Francis Jeffers and entourage a number of times at 'Cave Austin' bar in Blackheath, invariably enjoying the company of some decent looking WAGS.

I was on the sun lounger next to David Johnson (our striker from the early 90's) and his dad a few yrs ago - DJ now works in the building trade, good guy.

FInally Siggi Jonnson being thrown out of a student night along with Billy Dodds for being an absolute tool.

Di Canio: After being 'left' by SWFC. I was in the mens clothing section of Harvey Nichols in London, Paulo was there with a 'friend'. I follwed him around at a safe distance afraid to say anything because I wasn't sure how he would react..........................I bought nothing, he bought nothing, his friend bought nothing, my wife thought I was off mi head following two Italians around Harvey Nicholls....she did buy something...

When Mel Sterland played for us, I used to see him catching the 93 bus in Pond Street.

He lived on Beaumont Road, on the Manor :st2:

Wonder when a footballer last used public transport.

I always thought Mel lived around Chapeltown or High Green. I'm not sayin you're wrong. It was just an assumption because I saw him regularly in the pubs around that way. I remember talking to him in the Crown and Cushion (Burncross) the day he scored the penalty that clinched our promotion (28th April - my sister's birthday). He used to go in the Acorn quite a bit too.

Massive family off the Manor, mate.

All those houses were demolished, not sure where he went from there.

sad story though

I used to live on Beaumont Avenue, our next door neighbour used to baby sit for him.

Guest walldanzig

This ones quite ironic as it was just a few weeks ago. gary megson in the barbers on eccleshall road. I mean what's the point.

I met Lee Bradbury (on loan from Portsmouth) at my mate's 18th at Fratton Park.

I walked up to him and said "You almost broke my heart this season", he looked at me rather oddly, so I showed him the owl tattooed on the my left arm. Remembering he scored against us infront of us for Pompey having played for us the week before, his face went white. I just said to him "It's OK, we beat you though!"

Really nice bloke he was aswell, we had a drink together and he tried his best to install some confidence in me that Chris Turner was a good manager and that he would definitely have us back up in the prem in five years!

Years back me and a mate were waiting to cross Eccy Road (near the bottom of Knowle Lane) late one evening and Carboni cruised past in his Merc - one hand on the steering wheel, the other on his wife's (I assumed) head, which was 'resting' in his lap.

I'm sure she was just having a nap whilst he drove her home ;-)

Years back me and a mate were waiting to cross Eccy Road (near the bottom of Knowle Lane) late one evening and Carboni cruised past in his Merc - one hand on the steering wheel, the other on his wife's (I assumed) head, which was 'resting' in his lap.

I'm sure she was just having a nap whilst he drove her home ;-)

Years ago I was delivering to Nonnas on Eccy Rd and got to meet Carboni. One of the kitchen lads brought him through for me to meet him. I had nowt to say, in Italian anyway! He did sign me a napkin though...Wvnked off on it straight after!

Craig armstrong, Leon Best and Yoann Folly in Spearmint Rhino. Best had just signed on loan and we spent most of the night with them. Folly was a sound bloke, and craig armstrong bought us a good few drinks. Cracking lads. (although leon best was a bit 'brrrap brrap gangsta!' for me)

My favourite sighting was carlton palmer absolutely paraletic ordering chinese form new zing va on eccy road. He had a taxi waiting outside for him and about 400 quid in 50s that he was fumbling tryin to pay for this chinese. He stank of booze - I told him what a legend he is... He said 'Thanks mate'.

What.a.Guy! :biggrin:

Waddle and Sheridan watching Winsford United playing away at Gainsborough Trinity (Sheridan's brother played for Winsford), that was the day before the Coca-Cola Cup semi final second leg against Blackburn.

Nothing to do with the Owls, but i once saw Graham Kelly (The fat ginger guy from the FA) in the bogs at Ilkeston Town.

Nick Hancock walked straight past me outside Wembley before the Euro 96 semi final.

That guy who was with Jade Goody, Jack? He was once bizarely in The Blues Club in Gainsborough, a proper nob-end

chrissy waddle outside the millenium stadium at the final swigging on a pint. great day and even better getting pics with him - couldnt beleive how big he was though.

also at the final had a meal before the game and on the next table was big ron and michael vaughan having a quite civilised meal up until i jump up with me flag round me neck giving a big ' up the wednesday'

:laugh:

Guest jimmyowl77

I stayed in the same hotel as the team the night before Ipswich away last season.

Purse eyed up my Mrs and I shared the toaster with Spurr.

Is that your pet name for her ? :ph34r: