spot the owl

Guest T C's Tash

don't know if it counts but played football against the late emlyn hughes, squeeled like a pig when i two footed him ,don't know why i only hit him once .

:st2:

When did he die?

Why did he die?

How did he die?

Is Bill Beaumont OK?

When Mel Sterland played for us, I used to see him catching the 93 bus in Pond Street.

He lived on Beaumont Road, on the Manor :st2:

Wonder when a footballer last used public transport.

Wonder when a footballer last lived on the Manor?

I once saw Wayne collins and mark pembridge in the bogs down dempseys in around 1998, reckon they were defo up to something, I'd love to of seen, imagine waynes big black trunk ruining marks little tight freckly ginger arse.

I'd rather not thanksrolleyes.gif

When I was a student in the late 80's I was returning home by train from Uni one Friday afternoon and whilst the train made a lengthy stop in Nottingham and through the carriage window I made eye contact with a guy on the platform. He looked back at me as though he knew me. I knew I recognised him but couldn't place him.

He was smartly dressed, suit bag over the shoulder, but I just couldn't place him.

For the next minute we exchanged glances and in the end I grinned and nodded in that kind of 'alright mate' way.

He then did the same - so I thought I must know this guy from somewhere.

And then the penny dropped......it was Lee Chapman. :blush:

Guest bradwell.owl

Kevin pressman looking suitable embarrassed at a parents evening - me being the teacher of his sons and daughter!!

None Wednesday related, but many years ago I saw Claudio Caniggia being dragged reluctantly around Harrods toy department by his missus.

And at half-time during the Euro '96 England v Scotland game at Wembley I went to the gents - they had these stupid urinals on half-height walls with urinals on the other side, so you were forced to face the bloke opposite. I spotted a free urinal, got my tackle out and then looked up to find Gary Mabbutt staring at me.

Needless to say I couldn't go until he'd cleared off.

Tommy Spurr in Majorca airport. Walked passed me and we said hello just as some nutter smashed up a phone booth in said airport. I was wearing my orange Wednesday shirt at the time so couldnt miss me really. Same holiday i saw Aidy Boothroyd on the same holiday.

Did u see bothroyd on the same holiday??

Mark Lawerence got on my flight to Dublin about 10 years ago. Really was the most miserable looking fella I've ever seen. Sat in the terminal with his back to everyone and was the only person in first class which consisted of a curtain over the first 3 rows :biggrin:

Plane only had around 20 on anyway

Martin Hodge in William hills , Chapeltown most days

Lee Chapman , Mick Lyons & Peter Shirtliff used to go in the White hart , High Green most Fridays when Wednesday weren't playing on Saturday.

Used to see Brian Marwood fetching a paper on Sunday morning .

Best of all was John Sheridan and Mark Crossley in the prospect tavern , Hoyland early Saturday evening , early '90's . All the local dingles were sat round playing cards and giving Shez plenty of stick 'cos he was an owl.

when their taxi turned up Shez went back in the other side ,got a bucket , filled it up in the bogs and chucked it all over the card school then legged it into the taxi!