spot the owl

Guest T C's Tash

Can't remember the year, possibly 92-93, I was playing Sunday league football against a pub from Cudworth, Barnsley. David Hirst rolled up and parked his Porsche at the side of the pitch, got out and sparked a *** up, chatting with some lads from the other team.

Gray last year at the Elysium hotel in Paphos.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Steve Maclean in Hillsborough swimming baths.. Esajas in town with his girlfriend.. Clarke in a nightclub ( :ph34r: ) Clarke recently in a white van. :laugh:

There recent one's.. but seen a few of the older players before. Oh and i knew Matt Hamshaw personally..

When Mel Sterland played for us, I used to see him catching the 93 bus in Pond Street.

He lived on Beaumont Road, on the Manor :st2:

Wonder when a footballer last used public transport.

I always thought Mel lived around Chapeltown or High Green. I'm not sayin you're wrong. It was just an assumption because I saw him regularly in the pubs around that way. I remember talking to him in the Crown and Cushion (Burncross) the day he scored the penalty that clinched our promotion (28th April - my sister's birthday). He used to go in the Acorn quite a bit too.

I always thought Mel lived around Chapeltown or High Green. I'm not sayin you're wrong. It was just an assumption because I saw him regularly in the pubs around that way. I remember talking to him in the Crown and Cushion (Burncross) the day he scored the penalty that clinched our promotion (28th April - my sister's birthday). He used to go in the Acorn quite a bit too.

Massive family off the Manor, mate.

All those houses were demolished, not sure where he went from there.

sad story though

Gary Shelton's Mum used to live next to my Nan & Grandad on Portsea Rd. He had a white hatch back with the club logo, his name & the car sponsors logo on it!

Martin Allen at the urinals of Heston services on the M4 before the playoff semi away leg at Brentford. He wasn't travelling with the players because he'd given his team speech in the hotel & said he wanted the players to relax & focus on the game- obviously worked like!

Guest pembo55

Martin Hodge in William hills , Chapeltown most days

This cannot be now as I work there quite often and never seen him or heard of him being in the shop?

My story thought is David hirst was visiting his mum in hospital my (nan rip) was in the bed next to her I came to sit down to talk to my nan and she just goes to forget his mums name this is my grandson, and he's a massive Wednesday fan and David was there and me starstuck couldn't say a word and him saying hello.

Uto

Used to see Dave Bennet quite a lot in the Nuneaton area, usualy with a girl on his arm and usualy wearing his, by this time "well out of date" Wednesday tracksuit top. now this guy was an absolute legend in and around Cov. as he was part of Covs FA cup (sorry,only cup) winning team so i guess he wore his Owls tracky to convince the girls that he was a famous footballer (still) and that sheffield was far enough away that the girls wouldn't have a clue. or was he just bitten big time by the OWLS bug. hummmm!