Embarrasing

So we effectively have a board that does very little and has maintained that minimal level of input for far too many years...but appear to resist any request for change or for the expansion of the board to bring in people with the imagination, skill and enthusiasm to make significant changes...oh...hang on...except...LS, who was very effectively shafted for attempting the change things.........

He commented that he stood back from the finances/bank liason when NP/LS came in at their request and only stepped back in when lS left .

[chokes, splutters and picks self up off floor]

BG (and the others) was asked to get out of the way of day to day operations as they all loved to interfere with the detailed workings of the club from non-exec positions. The specific agreement was that he carried on as FD when I became Chairman and NP became CEO.

The Finance team switched over to Nick from Bob late last summer (after the budgets had been done).

BG maintained direct dialogue with the bank throughout my time at the club.

Wonder how many more blatant lies were told last night...............

Regards

Lee

BG (and the others) was asked to get out of the way of day to day operations as they all loved to interfere with the detailed workings of the club from non-exec positions. The specific agreement was that he carried on as FD when I became Chairman and NP became CEO.

The Finance team switched over to Nick from Bob late last summer (after the budgets had been done).

Regards

Lee

You really should have attended. You are a supporter and free to join W'ite and come to these meetings.

Hearing BG and NP's side of the story made it very difficult to understand what the real truth is.

Guest wayne foster

Regards

Lee

If this is the case, and I have no reason not to believe LS, then can we take it that NP is just a puppet of the Board seeing as he sat there listening to the bullshit BG was spouting (allegedly).

If this is the case, and I have no reason not to believe LS, then can we take it that NP is just a puppet of the Board seeing as he sat there listening to the bullshit BG was spouting (allegedly).

NP is a club employee. Good at his job as far as I know but he will present what info he's told to by his bosses.

Could it also be said that NP is as bigger puppet as what LS was?

As Donny says, NP is an employee.

Edited by M Royds

Guest wayne foster

Could it also be said that NP is as bigger puppet as what LS was?

As Donny says, NP is an employee.

All I am getting at is that people tend to believe what NP says, but as it is quite clear that as an employee of these people he will tow the line and nod when told to nod, then maybe we should take what he tells us with the same contempt as we do the boards statements.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame NP safeguarding his job, we would all do that.

All I am getting at is that people tend to believe what NP says, but as it is quite clear that as an employee of these people he will tow the line and nod when told to nod, then maybe we should take what he tells us with the same contempt as we do the boards statements.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame NP safeguarding his job, we would all do that.

Totally agree mate. Just hope he isn't made a scapegoat. No point in shooting the messenger.

Totally agree mate. Just hope he isn't made a scapegoat. No point in shooting the messenger.

Have to agree. From the readings on here from posters like CGC, say NP put himself and his knowlege in a good light.

Edited by M Royds

Guest Fulham Fox

For what it's worth - I didn't attend as I thought it would be a waste of time and nothing would come of it nor change.

Everything I've read so far justifies my apathy.

Not busy french-kissing George ? :wink:

Guest Rachy

haha, why does none of this actually surprise me?

Pity I cancelled my membership, would have been worth going along too.

My main questions to Bob were covered by members questions:

1. When did you become a director and what was the debt then? and Now? - Covered by Joe Ashton......and to my memory ignored
  2. What is our current financial state(banks position) and what is the budget for next season - coverd by Nigel.........cant remember this question been asked or answered
  3. Investment update- had DA "signed up" or not? - covered by several questions......."yes but only in principal and not legally binding"...answered by NP
  4. Are we really a cash neutral club? - covered by nigel
  5. The £1.5m and Ls ? answered by NP...down to the shotfall in ST sales v target......although you have to question why LS would not have known this....not sure I believe the answer which was given by NP
  6. cash availability in Jan 10 ? - answered by NP
  7. Why can't we attract investment ? questioned by Ian....Bob didn't know so NP answered
  8. What roles do the current board play? answered by BG
  9. Will the club take(and continue) the postives from LS's involvement - communication etc? answered by BG
  10. Does the manager or the board choose the players signed? - Answered by bG
  11. Have they considered fan investment via right sissue ? BG answered - cost of over £250k - would need to be guaranteed over £2.5m income to justify cost, need someone to underright it.

For those that have asked for the answers given, some quick summaries above

You will see that Bob was very reluctant to answer, in fact I considered getting the mic and asking John Gath if this was a Q&A session or just a Q session

I even asked Bob a light hearted question to give him a break......he even swerved that one and so NP stepped in himself (an agent had asked for a promotion bonus if one of his players signed for us and when it was refused asked for an intro to Def Leapord instead....or failing that Michael Vaughan as he like Cricket!)

Edited by Ian

I must admit, I am getting somewhat concerned about Mr Parker's constant praising and defence of the current Board.

I must admit, I am getting somewhat concerned about Mr Parker's constant praising and defence of the current Board.

Are you at all surprised though ?

We know nothing of his character and integrity, yet know he is a paid employee of the aforementioned board