Embarrasing

Guest Deleted member

Why should i pay £5 to be a member of an organisation that i have no REAL say in, and that doesnt represent my beliefs? That would make me a massive hypocrite.

Did you vote in the last election? And how much tax do you pay in a year?

Guest grantholtsdiscopants

Did you vote in the last election? And how much tax do you pay in a year?

Give over! its not quite the same is it!?

Maybe it begs the question of why this wasn't opened up to the whole fan base.

I know it was a Wednesdayite meeting but perhaps the poor turn out tells it's own story.

If it was open to the fan base you would clearly have got a much better turn out.

Let's be honest though, however much we huff and puff on here, the existing Directors will only be gone when some one puts up some money - might not be what we want be it's the reality of where we are. And like it or not, plenty of people have looked and will not invest.

Yet people are willing to have a go and moan on forums, in the pub, with their workmates, etc...

What grantholtsdiscopants ( :biggrin: ) said.

Words are, and have done for over a decade, landing on deaf ears. And even when the occassional word goes in the ear and connects with the brain, the person answering either doesn't know the fundamental basics of his job or tells porkies.

Guest Deleted member

Give over! its not quite the same is it!?

No its not. You get far more chance to influence wednesdayite as a member than you do the government - and it costs less than a couple of pints a year to join

No its not. You get far more chance to influence wednesdayite as a member than you do the government - and it costs less than a couple of pints a year to join

From what ive heard mate, its a closed book. If your not in the loop, your not in the loop shall we say. I originally joined WISA when that first kicked off, and got quite involved with it, until i realised that ego's and what have you were taking over, and it was no longer about doing something that would sort the club out, it was about who was chairman of WISA, and who would get "the honour" of schmoozing up to whichever representative the club chose to fob them off this time.

Its crap, i quickly realised, and stopped attending meetings etc for that reason.

That im afraid, is how i, and i think i speak for others, see Wednesdayite. Its like a mini version of Wednesdays set up.

It was a members meeting for members to ask questions. Why didn't the members ask the tough questions? The opportunity was there...

Personally, I was extremely disappointed in A) the terrible turn-out and B) the awful standard of questioning from the floor.

to be fair James, what is the point of good, honest & hard working SWFC supporters using their valuble family time, turning up to ask THEIR clubs FD pertinent questions, when.............................

1. he doesn't even know the clubs turnover!!!

2. can't remember what documents he has or hasn't signed!!!! (some of those documents were responsible for ill health and serious stress to TRUE SWFC people)

ALLEGEDLY

for too long we have joked about this, but it really isn't funny

Edited by waddleisgod

Well, I got the government I wanted (well, part shared :biggrin: ) with my free vote - council tax is compulsary where I live unfortunately.

In the 4/5 years I've been a Wednesdayite member, I've seen us go from League One, back to League One, with the same numpty Board in place.

Guest Walkley_Owl

not where I drink

Guest Deleted member

From what ive heard mate, its a closed book. If your not in the loop, your not in the loop shall we say. I originally joined WISA when that first kicked off, and got quite involved with it, until i realised that ego's and what have you were taking over, and it was no longer about doing something that would sort the club out, it was about who was chairman of WISA, and who would get "the honour" of schmoozing up to whichever representative the club chose to fob them off this time.

Alternatively - for the sake of a £5 note - you could find out for yourself rather than relying on hearsay - and you might be pleasantly surprised?? And if you are the type to get involved you could even stand for election to the Board and really get involved?

Im not trying to be arsey - but I tend to take as I find and for £5 - what could it hurt? You might even get to say "I told you so" to me if its like you've described above and prove me wrong - thats got to be worth a Fiver on its own!! lol

Guest Deleted member

Well, I got the government I wanted (well, part shared :biggrin: ) with my free vote - council tax is compulsary where I live unfortunately.

In the 4/5 years I've been a Wednesdayite member, I've seen us go from League One, back to League One, with the same numpty Board in place.

Dont get me wrong - Wednesdayites biggest problem is lack of members. The more members on board the better and more representative the voice.

Thats the biggest challenge

Guest Walkley_Owl

Butterfly Lounge? :biggrin:

Nah it's £2.55 in there (where the flip is that)

it's less than £2.50 a pint in Hillsborough nowadays

Guest Walkley_Owl

Dont get me wrong - Wednesdayites biggest problem is lack of members. The more members on board the better and more representative the voice.

Thats the biggest challenge

And in it's current guise it fails to garner the support needed, even with club backing.

You've got to ask yourself why?

Alternatively - for the sake of a £5 note - you could find out for yourself rather than relying on hearsay - and you might be pleasantly surprised?? And if you are the type to get involved you could even stand for election to the Board and really get involved?

Im not trying to be arsey - but I tend to take as I find and for £5 - what could it hurt? You might even get to say "I told you so" to me if its like you've described above and prove me wrong - thats got to be worth a Fiver on its own!! lol

I know your not trying to be arsey mate, and its obvious that you believe in Wednesdayite etc... which is great. Like i said, ive had first hand experience of this sort of thing, Ive seen how it performs at meetings like last night, simply from reading on here,and ive got friends who i trust their views who tell me that my above statement is very true, and thats good enough for me to keep my £5 in my pocket, and not waste time being elected to a board that does nothing of real clout towards sorting this club out.