Embarrasing

Guest Deleted member

Actually, could only 1/4 fill a room of people who are interested or concerned enough in our financial performance and are members of Wednesdayite an organisation that can facilitate such an opportunity to ask the questions of the people who matter that any fan can join for £5 only

;-)

With all due respect mate, that post is exactly whats wrong with Wednesdayite.

Engaging over fighting? Weve been engaging for years and years, where has it got us?

Its not the right time? When is the right time? Shall we wait till we are in the 4th division? Would that be the right time? Chuff me, we are a premier league club that has been allowed to drop, year on year, down to the old third division of english football, alongside Dagenham and Redbridge, and Yeovil - WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME?

Trust the Wednesdayite directors? I think members have done this with their £5's over the years for what? a 90 minute meeting with Bob every now and again? Ooh, sign me up.

What would you suggest?

It was a members meeting for members to ask questions. Why didn't the members ask the tough questions? The opportunity was there...

Personally, I was extremely disappointed in A) the terrible turn-out and B) the awful standard of questioning from the floor.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Dave Coupe was called in by the club and told not to ask any 'difficult' questions?

What would you suggest?

I don't have the answers personally as I am not clued up in this sense.

However, with the SA saying they can account for 26% of the shares, and Wednesdayite having 10% - there is a 36% block vote there.

40% are thought to be dead shares.

9%, if my understanding is correct has no voting powers.

So that 36% is actually enough to make changes unless I'm mistaken. So what are Wednesdayite and the SA doing to pull together in this time?

With all due respect mate, that post is exactly whats wrong with Wednesdayite.

Engaging over fighting? Weve been engaging for years and years, where has it got us?

Its not the right time? When is the right time? Shall we wait till we are in the 4th division? Would that be the right time? Chuff me, we are a premier league club that has been allowed to drop, year on year, down to the old third division of english football, alongside Dagenham and Redbridge, and Yeovil - WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME?

Trust the Wednesdayite directors? I think members have done this with their £5's over the years for what? a 90 minute meeting with Bob every now and again? Ooh, sign me up.

So what do you want?

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but let's face it, there is a queue for the positions of W'ite Officials like the one round the car park at Delloitte & Touche. We have what we have got and if we want them to change approach, then let's get everyone together and start to agree a different approach.

Yes, you are right they 'appear' to have been talking for far too long with no change. but clearly over the past year or so they have been talking to the wrong people.

Whether BG made a p1ss poor job yesterday or not , they actually got him to come along and that in itself is a change in response from the club. Bob must've known what the likely reaction was going to be, yet he came. Like it or not, like him or not, that is a small step forward.

We all want change and we need that change pdq, but my belief is that we need to let John et al pursue this a bit longer. They too know that they are going to start coming under fire if they don't make progress quickly, but at the moment they have had a few weeks with access into the decision making part of the club.

One of the unfortunate things about leadership is that you have to do what is right, not always what is popular!

Is there any truth in the rumour that Dave Coupe was called in by the club and told not to ask any 'difficult' questions?

flip me! That's a hell of an accusation to make. However, deserves a reply.

Guest Deleted member

The 26% of shares collated by the SA INCLUDED Wednesdayites shares.

The 26% was collated to prove that - when added to DA/KA/GH 30% that in excess of 50% of the club could be made available to an investor.

The 16% of shares committed by over 800 shareholders did not include commitments to vote with the SA on all issues - otherwise it wouldnt have been as well subscribed - the commitment was to sell 95% of their shareholding at whatever price was negotiated by the Board

Guest grantholtsdiscopants

So what do you want?

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but let's face it, there is a queue for the positions of W'ite Officials like the one round the car park at Delloitte & Touche. We have what we have got and if we want them to change approach, then let's get everyone together and start to agree a different approach.

Yes, you are right they 'appear' to have been talking for far too long with no change. but clearly over the past year or so they have been talking to the wrong people.

Whether BG made a p1ss poor job yesterday or not , they actually got him to come along and that in itself is a change in response from the club. Bob must've known what the likely reaction was going to be, yet he came. Like it or not, like him or not, that is a small step forward.

We all want change and we need that change pdq, but my belief is that we need to let John et al pursue this a bit longer. They too know that they are going to start coming under fire if they don't make progress quickly, but at the moment they have had a few weeks with access into the decision making part of the club.

One of the unfortunate things about leadership is that you have to do what is right, not always what is popular!

I agree with that. So why dont the heads of these organisations get together and make sure they are singing from the same hymn sheet? TBH i dont know enough about who heads these things up, but if it was you and me, then why not sit down, throw some idea's around, and put them to our respective boards and members for approval. Combine the voting power we have and have a go at it.

I think from memory the SA and Wednesdayite would hold (together) something like 35/40% of the vote. There is always a large vote that doesnt get used, which i think should open up a channel to get something done.

Just a suggestion?

The 26% of shares collated by the SA INCLUDED Wednesdayites shares.

The 26% was collated to prove that - when added to DA/KA/GH 30% that in excess of 50% of the club could be made available to an investor.

The 16% of shares committed by over 800 shareholders did not include commitments to vote with the SA on all issues - otherwise it wouldnt have been as well subscribed - the commitment was to sell 95% of their shareholding at whatever price was negotiated by the Board

Ok, thanks for the correction.

In those terms then, DA as I understand can no longer vote.

So the board account for 20%

Can Wednesdayite and the SA make some kind of moves to ensure those who can vote are given the full information on what they are voting for, together with recommendations on how to vote??

He had registered to attend the meeting, but according to a friend of his decided at the last minute to go to Skeggy instead.

Guest Deleted member

Yes it could - and this is something that I will be looking to hopefully co-ordinate properly once involved.

However I would be amazed if it made an iota of difference - there wont be many shareholders prepared to vote someone off the Board with no viable alternative

That is the picture it seems some people are happy with spreading.

In truth, he had a meeting arranged with Nick (after the last Q&A Dave approached Nick and said they should have a chat over a coffee and this meeting was Nick extending that courtesy to Dave). Nick answered all the questions he had there apparently. There was no request for Dave coupe not to turn up and no request to not ask any questions - in fact Nick commented to me last night that he was extremely surprised Dave wasn't at the meeting as he told Nick he was going to be there.

Edited by Deejayone

Guest Deleted member

He had registered to attend the meeting, but according to a friend of his decided at the last minute to go to Skeggy instead.

I think its entirely unprofessional to make a statement like that about any individual as it makes it look like they don't give a poo poo.

Maybe Dave had decided it was pointless to attend as it would be a case of listening to the same old tired rhetoric again - and thought he'd rather spend a weekend at the coast with his daughter and grandchildren???

Just a thought

I think from memory the SA and Wednesdayite would hold (together) something like 35/40% of the vote. There is always a large vote that doesnt get used, which i think should open up a channel to get something done.

Just a suggestion?

This is incorrect.

Wednesdayite own 10%, the SA no shares at all.

Indeed, collectively evidence exists (through the takeover initiative 3 years ago) that we could get about 23% to vote together on critical issues - not enough to win any resolution at any AGM or EGM.

There are many things we are working on behind the scenes which are sensitive and in the fullness of time will come into the public domain. Just because we don't come into a public meeting with our AK47's doesn't mean that we are not discussing our concerns or not pursuing a variety of solutions to them. But however you look at this work in progress, it is going to be more productive having a line of communication with the SWFC Board than not.

I can assure you that the members of the Wednesdayite Board don't get off on cosying up for the sake of it and there are some strong views within it, just the same as the general fan base.