Embarrasing

Isnt the board already entrenched? an hour and half every now and again isnt open communication as far as im concerned.

Anyway, im not in a position to influence things like you, so i, and many others can only let you get on with it, but i cant help thinking that ive been fobbed off with a bog standard answer.

To be fair, the truth is of a very bog like standard. If you were expecting anything more from the current situation then it's your outlook that probably needs amending and not that of anyone else.

:sad:

How depressing!

This is the legacy of only 65% of shareholders voting and having such a widespread ununified shareholder base.

It serves to protect the SWFC Board as long as they wish to remain in situe and whilever the Bank will support the status quo.

I would argue that the status quo has got us on a long and winding road to League 1 building up massive debt on the way. 15-20 years is far too long for anyone to stay on any Board let alone in one where the underlying business has evidenced chronic decline.

But to change the status quo, you need a good alternative.

So, in stepping stone terms, if you want change, you have to find a suitable alternative and the rest will follow in the normal course of events.

Daz, please reassure me that you are still "trying to skin the cat"then. But as a fan all I see is Wednesdayite seem happy not to get their cheques shredded anymore. If thats what you want to achieve, if you think talking to these people is going to help fine. I just think if things dont start well this season theres going to be a lot of anger flying about. At the moment, as things look to Joe public, Wednesdayite are cosying up to the board. This is the time when wednesdayite should be galvanising the general support. If WTID ever gets off the ground then that support is essential. Im not sure but I would imagine wednesdayite membership is not currently at its highest, which in a time of such adversity it really should be.

This is the legacy of only 65% of shareholders voting and having such a widespread ununified shareholder base.

It serves to protect the SWFC Board as long as they wish to remain in situe and whilever the Bank will support the status quo.

I would argue that the status quo has got us on a long and winding road to League 1 building up massive debt on the way. 15-20 years is far too long for anyone to stay on any Board let alone in one where the underlying business has evidenced chronic decline.

So, in stepping stone terms, if you want change, you have to find a suitable alternative and the rest will follow in the normal course of events.

But is anyone really looking?

He had registered to attend the meeting, but according to a friend of his decided at the last minute to go to Skeggy instead.

Has he found a mega-investor...?

Yes I agree.

Thanks for the answer BTW.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Daz, please reassure me that you are still "trying to skin the cat"then. But as a fan all I see is Wednesdayite seem happy not to get their cheques shredded anymore. If thats what you want to achieve, if you think talking to these people is going to help fine. I just think if things dont start well this season theres going to be a lot of anger flying about. At the moment, as things look to Joe public, Wednesdayite are cosying up to the board. This is the time when wednesdayite should be galvanising the general support. If WTID ever gets off the ground then that support is essential. Im not sure but I would imagine wednesdayite membership is not currently at its highest, which in a time of such adversity it really should be.

Wednesdayites membership will never peak above 1,500 or so because too many people (wrongly) associate them with past misdeamours and refer to them as the trust

Isnt the board already entrenched? an hour and half every now and again isnt open communication as far as im concerned.

Anyway, im not in a position to influence things like you, so i, and many others can only let you get on with it, but i cant help thinking that ive been fobbed off with a bog standard answer.

Communication is much more extensive than you claim, but it's pedantics so we'll have to agree to differ.

If as few as a few hundred fans were all like you and joined us then believe me, it is in your hands to influence us. I've lost count on the number of member surveys we've conducted this year and we need to keep close to what our members are thinking collectively.

I don't think I have fobbed you off, what I have tried to do is explain the shareholder structure and how to effect change and reassured you that we are actively pursuing that stepping stone.

I asked you what your solution was and explained why it wouldn't work.

The reality is probably as unpalatable to me as it is to you, but that is not Wednesdayite's fault although I have to accept that we are an easy target for frustrated non-members.

Wednesdayites membership will never peak above 1,500 or so because too many people (wrongly) associate them with past misdeamours and refer to them as the trust

I think sadly most of them don't give a poo poo.

Only idiots like us on messageboards seem to have some clue on what is actually going on. And even then we don't really know what's going on. wee wees me off. I'm going out to kick a cats face off.

I think sadly most of them don't give a poo poo.

Only idiots like us on messageboards seem to have some clue on what is actually going on. And even then we don't really know what's going on. wee wees me off. I'm going out to kick a cats face off.

Make sure you skin the cnut first. im off too.

I can give you absolute assurance that we continue to work on several fronts, some more advanced than others.

I don't see how anyone can be happy with the current state of the club - in League 1 for the second time in 5 years and with a debt burden we struggle to sustain. Indeed, the debt looks as if it has to increase given the announcement yesterday.

One of the problems is that a few signings later and a good proportion of the fanbase appear to be placated even though this does not address any of the long term chronic issues which continue to affect the club.

The DA regime in particular harnessed local media to portray us in a false way and some still have an entrenched perception.

Since LS was involved, certain misconceptions have been corrected although some people will never change their minds as it would require a u-turn for them in full view of their families and/or mates.

Even last night, it finally emerged that we were not the stumbling block to the Gregg deal, even though the media jumped in head first on that one at the time.

As time passes, snippets like this emerge which support the fact that we were never the ogres we were made out to be and hopefully even the most entrenched view will start to see a pattern emerge and perhaps wonder why it was important to the regime to have such division amongst the fan base.

I do respect the right of someone to be a member or not, but it is frustrating when the reason for not doing is based on falsehoods.

Guest Walkley_Owl

The DA regime in particular harnessed local media to portray us in a false way and some still have an entrenched perception.

Since LS was involved, certain misconceptions have been corrected although some people will never change their minds as it would require a u-turn for them in full view of their families and/or mates.

Even last night, it finally emerged that we were not the stumbling block to the Gregg deal, even though the media jumped in head first on that one at the time.

As time passes, snippets like this emerge which support the fact that we were never the ogres we were made out to be and hopefully even the most entrenched view will start to see a pattern emerge and perhaps wonder why it was important to the regime to have such division amongst the fan base.

I do respect the right of someone to be a member or not, but it is frustrating when the reason for not doing is based on falsehoods.

TBF I didn't support the Owls Trust and although I joined Wednesdayite I didn't particularly feel part of it, nor it must be said did I make an effort to

Sorry to repeat what another poster requested but can we have a brief summery of the answers to these questions for those for us based outside Sheffield and couldn’t attend the meeting.

It would be much appreciated

Thanks

We will issue a meeting summary in due course, I do not have the time to go into detial here , however there were many posters form Owlstalk there perhaps they could fill in the gaps in the meantime

What answers did he give for this? Was there any challenge or debate on what he said?

The question by a member was phased along the lines of

"we know you are the finance director what roles do the other directors fulfil"

BG explained they were all (except NP) non-exec directors and that as such they were very much in the overseeing/advise role.

The club is structured with a non-exec board and have for amny years operated with a CEO in charge of the day to day operations, the CEo acting under direction from the board.

He commented that he stood back from the finances/bank liason when NP/LS came in at their request and only stepped back in when lS left .

He said that KC was heavily involved in the community side and this was supported by NP who said that he was incorrect to suggest everyting was down to Spencer Taylor at the last meeting.

he said that GH had many years of expereince and although now 80 still offered the club alot. (I understand Geoff has always been invloved in team liason travelling with the team and representing swfc at away games)

Can anyone else who attended add anything here?