Embarrasing

Paul, so is there a reason that the tough questions weren't asked of BG - by yourself or another director of our Supporters' Society?

What he said ^^^^^

Was this a condition of Bob's before accepting?

Would it have affected the SWFC board's willingness to work with Wednesdayite, if you/Wednesdayite had asked questions?

Guest Walkley_Owl

You'd be CRUSHED if I departed - admit it..

You love me..

I can tell..

You're right, I'd have to find further employment for my cousin

Guest Walkley_Owl

She cleared off to be a nurse a while back

Dont' blame her - her boss was a thrower

lol

nurse............ bwah ha ha ha

What he said ^^^^^

Was this a condition of Bob's before accepting?

Would it have affected the SWFC board's willingness to work with Wednesdayite, if you/Wednesdayite had asked questions?

We were critisised heavily for the previous Q&A being taken over by one of the Wednesdayite directors asking all the questions.

We believe this is the members chance to ask questions. And the questions asked filled the 1 1/2 hours allotted.

John had the question bank that had been collated from our members thorugh the survey and most of theose questions were covered by questions from the floor or from John's interjections.

I am fortuante that I have had access to ask NP, LS, club employees etc questions of concern and get answers to these.

My main questions to Bob were covered by members questions:

1. When did you become a director and what was the debt then? and Now? - Covered by Joe Ashton
  2. What is our current financial state(banks position) and what is the budget for next season - coverd by Nigel
  3. Investment update- had DA "signed up" or not? - covered by several questions
  4. Are we really a cash neutral club? - covered by nigel
  5. The £1.5m and Ls ? answered by NP
  6. cash availability in Jan 10 ? - answered by NP
  7. Why can't we attract investment ? questioned by Ian
  8. What roles do the current board play? answered by BG
  9. Will the club take(and continue) the postives from LS's involvement - communication etc? answered by BG
  10. Does the manager or the board choose the players signed? - Answered by bG
  11. Have they considered fan investment via right sissue ? BG answered - cost of over £250k - would need to be guaranteed over £2.5m income to justify cost, need someone to underright it.

The one question that I had that wasn;t asked by members on the night was in regard to Mick wrights involvement/ future involvment

I had this answered and was advised that their is no intention to bring MW on to the board or make him chairman and that he newspaper article in the telegraph was written by ALAN BIGGS

If there are questions which any of you think have been missed at the meeting let me know and i will seek answers.

We were critisised heavily for the previous Q&A being taken over by one of the Wednesdayite directors asking all the questions.

We believe this is the members chance to ask questions. And the questions asked filled the 1 1/2 hours allotted.

John had the question bank that had been collated from our members thorugh the survey and most of theose questions were covered by questions from the floor or from John's interjections.

I am fortuante that I have had access to ask NP, LS, club employees etc questions of concern and get answers to these.

My main questions to Bob were covered by members questions:

1. When did you become a director and what was the debt then? and Now? - Covered by Joe Ashton
  2. What is our current financial state(banks position) and what is the budget for next season - coverd by Nigel
  3. Investment update- had DA "signed up" or not? - covered by several questions
  4. Are we really a cash neutral club? - covered by nigel
  5. The £1.5m and Ls ? answered by NP
  6. cash availability in Jan 10 ? - answered by NP
  7. Why can't we attract investment ? questioned by Ian
  8. What roles do the current board play? answered by BG
  9. Will the club take(and continue) the postives from LS's involvement - communication etc? answered by BG
  10. Does the manager or the board choose the players signed? - Answered by bG
  11. Have they considered fan investment via right sissue ? BG answered - cost of over £250k - would need to be guaranteed over £2.5m income to justify cost, need someone to underright it.

The one question that I had that wasn;t asked by members on the night was in regard to Mick wrights involvement/ future involvment

I had this answered and was advised that their is no intention to bring MW on to the board or make him chairman and that he newspaper article in the telegraph was written by ALAN BIGGS

If there are questions which any of you think have been missed at the meeting let me know and i will seek answers.

Any chance of the replies to the above being posted?

Why should i pay £5 to be a member of an organisation that i have no REAL say in, and that doesnt represent my beliefs? That would make me a massive hypocrite.

If you're not a member it obviously won't and can't represent your beliefs.

But if you were to join and express your opinions within Wednesdayite then it might.

Easy to have a go at the Wednesdayite Officials, but they did organise a meeting that on reflection people decided to not turn up to in significant numbers.

Those people can hardly then have a go to criticise those officials for the questions asked/not asked, when they could've gone and asked or could've put questions to the w'ite team in advance.

That said, the W'ite officials might want to ask the absentees why they didn't turn up and find out why the attendance was poor.

May be this might help with thoughts on the way forward?

Just my thoughts...!

Like it or not, the reasons why need to be listened to.

If the membership begins to loose faith that there is any point, then there will be a point where one has to ask, 'Is there any point?'

Just thought I'd make the point.

Like it or not, the reasons why need to be listened to.

If the membership begins to loose faith that there is any point, then there will be a point where one has to ask, 'Is there any point?'

Just thought I'd make the point.

I agree.

In the times of DA the reason to join Wednesdayite was I saw it as truly fighting for the cause of making the club better, and not bowing down to the whims of the club.

When LS came in, I was pleased to see that dialogue had been opened, there was a chance, and hate to use an overused phrase, 'forward together'.

LS has gone now, and we are stuck with the same board that has overseen our decline from Premiership to League 1 in ten years. And what has Wednesdayite done? Held a couple of meetings with those representatives of the club. And that's it.

The comment from a pahowl earlier that even though there were plenty of questions regarding BG - at least he was in the firing line so-to-speak, as if making everything that is wrong with the club ok as long as they spend 90 minutes with us every now and again is remarkable.

In my opinion, Wednesdayite need to grow back the kahunas and start having a say again in the direction this club is going, instead of pandering to those on the board on the basis that there is open communication with the club. Until then, not bothered about renewing and I'm sure there will be a few others like me.

Guest becauseofboxingday

I was there last night, I asked questions...

The biggest embarassment for me wasn't any of the questions or answers.

It was the wee wee-poor turnout of people who were given an opportunity to ask questions of the clubs FD - and the CEO - and didn't bother. Bob (and Nick) could be forgiven in thinking 'Whats the fuss all about - if we can only 1/4 fill a room of people who are interested or concerned enough in our financial performance - then we must be doing something right...

And while I was disappointed at Paul not grilling Bob on financial intricacies (like why we havent even done our Annual return) - theres a whole lot more questions I could pose to those who didn't even show. I asked 4 questions on the night - I can't hog the microphone any more than that. Bob was let off lightly last night because there simply wasn't enough people prepared to ask him for answers.

Actually, could only 1/4 fill a room of people who are interested or concerned enough in our financial performance and are members of Wednesdayite

My take on this. I joined Wednesdayite during the GS fiasco, because I thought it was a crucial time and the fans views needed to be aired. And I wanted to vote on what happened with the Wednesdayitre shares tbh.

I went to one meeting in which Joe Ashton made himself look a fool, and thought "never again". I have had no communication from Wednesdayite since then and presume my membership has lapsed. I would see no point in renewing if asked as the organisation has shown itself to be totally toothless. If I saw a spark of anger from the organisation and hint that they were prepared to do something / anything I would rejoin in a flash.

Im not suprised last nights meeting was poorly attended. It was a closed shop, and the apathy of the fanbase appears to be reflected in Wednesdayites fanbase too.

Like others have said whats the point of an hours drive and a wasted evening to be "arse raped by the invisible man" I think the expression was!

The answers given, as quoted on here, show exactly what is wrong with the leadership of this great club, and why we are in the mess we are. As LS said the cancer withinn the club needs removing. I dont think Wednesdayite have the bottle to pick up the scalpel and try to remove it. My views are all just confirmed by what Ive read in this thread.

In my opinion, Wednesdayite need to grow back the kahunas and start having a say again in the direction this club is going, instead of pandering to those on the board on the basis that there is open communication with the club. Until then, not bothered about renewing and I'm sure there will be a few others like me.

But... IMO, they are in a situaton where the dynamics of the club and at the club have changed. It would be very easy to get the guns out and start shooting, but ultimately that will result in a fight, which may not be the right thing at the moment. I'm not saying it is or isn't, but it may not and we have to let the elected officials make that judgement.

With the new situation at the club, it would be my view that the W'ite board have to try to engage with the decision making part of the club and it seems clear that this has to be with the old guard. If the old guard aren't going anywhere, then surely it is better to at least have one final going at persuading them that a different approach is required.

There can't be many more times that this approach can be repeated before there has to be a rethink on tactics/strategy, because like it or not, there is a growing apathy.

That apathy will only result in us carrying on as we are and hoping that results can improve. Recent history would suggest that without change and with apathy, we will hover around Div 2/Div 3 until change happens.

w'ite need to be entrusted to try and do what they think is right and I'm sure thatmeetings like last night were in part designed to try and get the old guard to engage.

Engagement is better than fighting, surely... but if they won't engage then maybe a re-think will be inevitable.

With the new situation at the club, it would be my view that the W'ite board have to try to engage with the decision making part of the club and it seems clear that this has to be with the old guard. If the old guard aren't going anywhere, then surely it is better to at least have one final going at persuading them that a different approach is required.

Racist. :ph34r:

Guest grantholtsdiscopants

With all due respect mate, that post is exactly whats wrong with Wednesdayite.

Engaging over fighting? Weve been engaging for years and years, where has it got us?

Its not the right time? When is the right time? Shall we wait till we are in the 4th division? Would that be the right time? Chuff me, we are a premier league club that has been allowed to drop, year on year, down to the old third division of english football, alongside Dagenham and Redbridge, and Yeovil - WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME?

Trust the Wednesdayite directors? I think members have done this with their £5's over the years for what? a 90 minute meeting with Bob every now and again? Ooh, sign me up.