Maybe Irvine isn't negative..

Guest zero)))

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Paul Hart could be keeping Palace up with a team that isn't his and was deducted 10 points this season.

How do you explain that one?

because palace are only where they are because of admin, they are still pretty much the same squad that was in upper mid table

Correct 100% AI is the right man when he gets shut this summer and gets his own players in, which he will. This set of players is the reason we are probably down, not Irvine.

i continually see irvine's ability to do the job brought into question...would those posting such messages in future state who they would have preferred for the job, as no one else would take it...and the same is obviously true with LS...people pull him down...but i remember his predecessors...mr. nobody, and the other bloke...

Guest Darkus Owlus

i continually see irvine's ability to do the job brought into question...would those posting such messages in future state who they would have preferred for the job, as no one else would take it...and the same is obviously true with LS...people pull him down...but i remember his predecessors...mr. nobody, and the other bloke...

There would have been others who could have taken the job of those who applied.

I wasn't suggesting he shouldn't have been appointed, I was suggesting his defensive approach at a time where almost all out attack is necessary - is a highly questionable tactic to adopt being in a dire situation.

The comment is fair considering the task wasn't all that hard and we've been playing teams we should have been able to take points from. We've thrown a fair few points away during this battle and it may be costly.

Right

There is a be all and end all to this and I'm afraid, some of us need to grasp this and accept it's right.

Alan has had one job to do since coming to this football club and has had 21 games to do it - keep this club afloat like it has been for the past 3 seasons under the same (just about) team.

We're still in the relegation zone.

I don't care whether we're tighter at the back.

I don't care if we've gained more points per game than Laws.

I don't care if we are playing better football.

I don't care that we practice shooting every training day.

He's miserably failed and so has the upper management in his appointment.

If by this time at the end of the season we stay up - then this club needs to wipe the sweat off its brow and buckle itself up to get rid of the deadwood within the team, board and coaches.

Guest intercity0wl

Right

There is a be all and end all to this and I'm afraid, some of us need to grasp this and accept it's right.

Alan has had one job to do since coming to this football club and has had 21 games to do it - keep this club afloat like it has been for the past 3 seasons under the same (just about) team.

We're still in the relegation zone.

I don't care whether we're tighter at the back.

I don't care if we've gained more points per game than Laws.

I don't care if we are playing better football.

I don't care that we practice shooting every training day.

He's miserably failed and so has the upper management in his appointment.

If by this time at the end of the season we stay up - then this club needs to wipe the sweat off its brow and buckle itself up to get rid of the deadwood within the team, board and coaches.

Utter garbage, if you agree that the first three things you say you dont care abou are happening then i dont get your drift at all, the only thing that i think has been wrong since the imo very good appointment of AI is that the upper management as you call them have failed to back the guy

with any financial clout.to strenghthen the team, and whats more worrying is that they expected this group of players good enough survive in this league.

Whether it be the Board or the Bank somebodys lack of a willingness is speculate has a dam good chance of not accumulating, a bit like watching Rome

burn while doing nothing

Utter garbage, if you agree that the first three things you say you dont care abou are happening then i dont get your drift at all, the only thing that i think has been wrong since the imo very good appointment of AI is that the upper management as you call them have failed to back the guy

with any financial clout.to strenghthen the team, and whats more worrying is that they expected this group of players good enough survive in this league.

Whether it be the Board or the Bank somebodys lack of a willingness is speculate has a dam good chance of not accumulating, a bit like watching Rome

burn while doing nothing

Irvine knew full well the extent of the problems this club has/had when he came here.

He knew he'd have nigh on nothing to spend.

The upper management can't back the guy with funds.

The only thing he's done right is bring in Nolan - but to the same extent, he's made an absolute clanger with Soares.

Irvine knew full well the extent of the problems this club has/had when he came here.

He knew he'd have nigh on nothing to spend.

The upper management can't back the guy with funds.

The only thing he's done right is bring in Nolan - but to the same extent, he's made an absolute clanger with Soares.

Why are you talking like we're already relegated?

Guest parkesey1992

Can not believe alredy people are doubting irvine, if laws was still here do you think we would be in this position, no we would be looking forward to league one football!

irvine has come here and stopped us conceding as many goals as what we previously were he cant work miricles with this spinless effortless crock of poo that call themselves football players (except for a few)

give him some time eh? the players are at fault for there poo performances not the manager

Can not believe alredy people are doubting irvine, if laws was still here do you think we would be in this position, no we would be looking forward to league one football!

irvine has come here and stopped us conceding as many goals as what we previously were he cant work miricles with this spinless effortless crock of poo that call themselves football players (except for a few)

give him some time eh? the players are at fault for there poo performances not the manager

A logical error in your reasoning.

Just because Laws wasn't the right guy, it doesn't mean Irvine is the right guy.

Compare what Irvine has managed in the last 21 games with :

Atkinson replacing Pleat.

Shreeves replacing Jewell.

Yorath replacing Shreeves (just for McMigo :biggrin:).

Sturrock replacing Turner.

Laws replacing Sturrock.

Then compare it with :

Turner replacing Yorath.

Which one does it look most like so far?

Just look at Laws' wonderful record at Burnley for example..

He inherited a team in free fall with just 1 win in it's previous 12 league games.

Just like Irvine.

He's guided his new team to a meagre 2 wins in his last 14 games.

Just like Irvine.

He's had to face Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Manchester City.

errr.....

:ph34r:

Laws replacing Sturrock.

Then compare it with :

Turner replacing Yorath.

I still actually think we will stay up - if so, well done Alan.

If we do go down there is no question in my mind - ALAN OUT (never thought I'd hear myself say that)

Laws replacing Sturrock.

Then compare it with :

Turner replacing Yorath.

Irvines 21 games in charge

W 7

D 6

L8

Laws first 21 games

W 8

D 5

L8

Irvines 21 games in charge

W 7

D 6

L8

Laws first 21 games

W 8

D 5

L8

That doesn't really answer my question though.

And I think people are misunderstanding me. I'm not suggesting Laws was fabulous (he did a creditable job with the resources available until the last ten games or so) or that he should never have been sacked (the chairman had no choice). All I'm doing is suggesting that the 'give him time / wait until he's got his own players' argument for Irvine has precedents from just the last 15 years or so that don't show him in a very good light so far.

Laws replacing Sturrock.

Then compare it with :

Turner replacing Yorath.

Where's Danny Wilson in all this chaos.