Maybe Irvine isn't negative..

Guest zero)))

Okay. We have been arguing for quite a while about the merit's of AI.

Give me some reason to have faith that we will do right by him next year (other than, pragmatically we have no alternative - which I don't think we have).

You've just been crying that hes poo for 2 hours.

Since then we've shown hes done better with Laws' shower than Laws managed and he had a decent record at PNE.

What is your argument?

Edited by Owls2k

That's all that matters these days

21st century football for 21st century managers and fans

That's all that counts

Modern methods

Keegan wipes his own arse with his hand.

Needs no paper

GET HIM TO S6

How about this guy as assistant?

article-1022932-016BFD1700000578-571_468x641.jpg

You've just been crying that hes poo for 2 hours.

Since then we've shown hes done better with Laws' shower than Laws managed and he had a decent record at PNE.

What is your argument?

We've (as in 'lots') is being a bit disingenous. Decent record at PNE, yes OK if your statistics say so.

My argument is this. He wasn't employed to be better than Laws. He was employed to keep us in this division.

I have seen nothing, to date, under his tenure to convince me that;

1, He will keep us in this division.

2. We will prosper with him next year.

But OK, by way of your statistics, I am wrong.

I am off to bed.

We'll leave it at that. You keep believing.

We've (as in 'lots') is being a bit disingenous. Decent record at PNE, yes OK if your statistics say so.

My argument is this. He wasn't employed to be better than Laws. He was employed to keep us in this division.

I have seen nothing, to date, under his tenure to convince me that;

1, He will keep us in this division.

2. We will prosper with him next year.

But OK, by way of your statistics, I am wrong.

I am off to bed.

We'll leave it at that. You keep believing.

And he could still keep us in the division.

Mock all you like

But if we had taken a radical step - FOR ONCE - then i firmly believe that not only would we not be worrying about relegation now but the club wouldn't be able to keep pace with the applications for ST's next season

I've been saying this for 10 years now - ten years

We either change something

Or reshuffle the deckchairs

Again

Talon

You aren't allowed multiple log-ins...!

lol

Interesting to see that AI was sacked from PNE when they were 8 points off both the play offs and the relegation zone.

Now PNE are 8 points off relegation and 14 points off of the play offs

Is it as interesting (and indeed as irrelevant) to note that when Brian Laws was sacked we were 3rd bottom but only 14 points from the playoffs.

Now we are still 3rd bottom but 22 points from the playoffs.

Is it as interesting (and indeed as irrelevant) to note that when Brian Laws was sacked we were 3rd bottom but only 14 points from the playoffs.

Now we are still 3rd bottom but 22 points from the playoffs.

Get Brian back

ffs

Get Brian back

ffs

That wasn't the point of my post - my post was to highlight the irrelevant statistic posted in a prior post.

Why doesn't Irvine change his tune this week for once. Instead of getting the players to watch a load of DVD's showing how good Cardiff are, how good a striker Chopra is, how they have such clever players in midfield, and working out how on earth we stop them - how about instead he takes a leaf out of Big Rons book, fooks off the DVD and prozone, orders a couple of crates of bubbly and spends the week weeing around playing 5 a side and letting the players enjoy themselves.

That way they might not sh*t their pants when they walk onto the pitch, look at Chopra and think - oh sh*t isnt he the guy who scores all them goals I saw on the DVD.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Irvine IS negative.

I'm not fora second suggesting Laws was right but a similiar approach of emphasis on attack is needed at a time where you need goals and wins.

There's no good building a brick defensive wall that will eventually crumble when single points aren't going to help the cause enough.

We've made a terrible mistake, we're too defensive and just not good enough at it meaning we'll always conceed but not always score - we're relegating ourselves and I can't understand why Irvine persists with a defensive team in an attacking period.

We just can't win using these methods and sadly, we're probably going to get relegated because of it.

Irvine IS negative.

I'm not fora second suggesting Laws was right but a similiar approach of emphasis on attack is needed at a time where you need goals and wins.

There's no good building a brick defensive wall that will eventually crumble when single points aren't going to help the cause enough.

We've made a terrible mistake, we're too defensive and just not good enough at it meaning we'll always conceed but not always score - we're relegating ourselves and I can't understand why Irvine persists with a defensive team in an attacking period.

We just can't win using these methods and sadly, we're probably going to get relegated because of it.

Preston sacked him for the very same reason - and an almost identical run of results and goals scored as we are currently on.

Please, please Alan wake up and smell the coffee or we are down.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Preston sacked him for the very same reason - and an almost identical run of results and goals scored as we are currently on.

Please, please Alan wake up and smell the coffee or we are down.

He won't.

He'll still set us up like a poor mans Everton! We've just got to go for it now, all out attack and drop the David Moyes book on building a brick wall, we need wins.

Winning teams are scoring teams, we're not good enough to protect minimal leads even if we can take it. I can't believe he's still using the same tactics!!!

flipping CHANGE IT.

It is highly to our advantage that we have to play Cardiff next

They won't be interested in the game - they will probably rest players

But if we stand off and let them play - then they'll play

It's the same as i said before the pigs game and it's equally true for this - they don't want a white-hot, intense deathmatch - they want to stroll about and get ready for their next set of important matches

It's up to us what type of game we give them

Guest ramrod

hey i have an idea-lets sack irvine now with two games to go and get a new face in who can create a honeymoon period thus winning the next two games. voila, championship status achieved. come to think of it, everytime we hit a bad patch why not just fire the boss to perpetually create this honeymoon winning formula.

If i was a half decent manager i wouldnt touch this club with a barge pole. I really do think irvine is the best manager we can get as things stand.