Investment

Tbh - and regardless of being told to f**k off by him - I like Joe.

I find his brand of Owlstalk postings far more enjoyable than those of - say Billsaja - as they fit in better with my positive outlook on life.

I love you really Joe. Keep on posting please - just stop using the naughty 'I' word

Grandad and Joe in new Brown and Mandleson style partnership. :laugh:

TBH i've never been bothered by the investment talk - mainly because i think there's more chance of me being voted prime minister at the next election as there is of anybody with more than half an investment brain throwing cash at this basketcase of a club.

I know it's not a popular view on here and gets roundly arse-kicked by the masses to dare mention that it's a load of baloney

Just from a purely non-financially-aware point of view i'd say that football itself is being shunned by investors by and large - and we're one of the least attractive to anybody wanting to make a quick profit - or any kind of profit come to that.

Edited by scram

By my reckoning if he's a middleman of a middleman group acting on behalf or found by middlemen, that's half of half of half which is an eighth...

that puts him slap bang in the middle of being a quarterman, or funnily enough, in the middle of lower quartile, which by chance is where your average American is on the intelligence scale...

Conversely, I would think think that Joe himself is upper Cuntile...!

A half of a half is a quater btw

Joe's job was to broker a deal, introduce two parties one looking to invest and one looking for investment.

What happens after that is out of his control and cannot be blamed if it doesnt work out.

What does worry me Joe is you said 'i've lost more out of this deal that you can imagine'. That is worrying to me are you suggesting the fecal matter has hit the proverbial fan regarding investment?

Joe has shown interest and compassion to this club. no one has a right to criticize him for posting on here. Usual owlstalk xenophobia if your not 'one of us' or 'true fan' you dont get respect.

If you are venting your frustration at drawing yesterday then its unfair to target Joe.

However saying that i think Joe should cool the investment talk until it either happens or it doesnt.

Joe's job was to broker a deal, introduce two parties one looking to invest and one looking for investment.

What happens after that is out of his control and cannot be blamed if it doesnt work out.

What does worry me Joe is you said 'i've lost more out of this deal that you can imagine'. That is worrying to me are you suggesting the fecal matter has hit the proverbial fan regarding investment?

Joe has shown interest and compassion to this club. no one has a right to criticize him for posting on here. Usual owlstalk xenophobia if your not 'one of us' or 'true fan' you dont get respect.

If you are venting your frustration at drawing yesterday then its unfair to target Joe.

However saying that i think Joe should cool the investment talk until it either happens or it doesnt.

I agree with that JonR 100%. You're a brave man saying it though (Gets crash helmet and waits for slating).

I don't think we should take it out on him, even if his posting are a little 'unconventional' and ill founded, at times.

I've been pretty consistent in thinking he's been a cnut for a long time...!

I agree with that JonR 100%. You're a brave man saying it though (Gets crash helmet and waits for slating).

I don't think we should take it out on him, even if his posting are a little 'unconventional' and ill founded, at times.

Yeah, I think Joe's ace.

Can I make a suggestion though?

What about he puts some investors in touch with GS who could be a middle man for a middle man for a middle man for a middle man etc

We'd then have someone really interested in Wednesday who also has some financial backers.

It's a win, win situation!

Talking about win, wins, I'm now going off topic aren't I? Perish the thought of two wins as a discussion piece.

TBH i've never been bothered by the investment talk - mainly because i think there's more chance of me being voted prime minister at the next election as there is of anybody with more than half an investment brain throwing cash at this basketcase of a club.

I know it's not a popular view on here and gets roundly arse-kicked by the masses to dare mention that it's a load of baloney

Just from a purely non-financially-aware point of view i'd say that football itself is being shunned by investors by and large - and we're one of the least attractive to anybody wanting to make a quick profit - or any kind of profit come to that.

This...let's get our own boardroom sorted out first...it's about time the fookin' 'Deadwood Stage' came a running on over the hill..

Perish the thought of two wins as a discussion piece.

Not worth the effort TBH.

It's not going to happen, unfortunately (although Leon will say the opposite ot this weeks Wednesday World, or Tudguy or Purse or............blah, blah).

Alan won't say it though, he never has done, ever.

Do you think he knows something and is not telling?

Edited by ReadingOwl

Not worth the effort TBH.

It's not going to happen, unfortunately (although Leon will say the opposite ot this weeks Wednesday World, or Tudguy or Purse or............blah, blah).

Alan won't say it though, he never has done, ever.

Do you think he knows something and is not telling?

AI is looking forward to the rebuilding job over the summer, and that seems as positive as he can muster.

Let's face it, the entire playing squad plus AI can't wait for the season to end and they've all given up.

The only ones to come out of this season with any credit are us, the fans.

I have every faith that if we go down it will be us, and our support away at the likes of Rochdale, that will get us back up again.

It's about time we, as fans, were given more credit from those running the club instead of berating us at every opportunity.

Here's a fact. The club's fooled without us and we all know we won't let that happen.