We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Nail on head.

The issue is either some people are not capable of trusting anyone.

Or

They are not capable of trusting the Chairman of SWFC.

Either way, everything I say and do is being twisted into something sinister by thousands of our fellow Wednesdayites.

Regards

Lee

Through no fault of your own I think some Wednesdayites just need more time to trust you and your regime. After what we've had to put up with in the last 10-15 years, that's understandable. Trust can't just be turned on and off in an instant.

Funny thing is though I've never met a single Wednesdayite in person who has a bad word to say about you, but on here there seems to be a disproportionate amount. There's the thick ones, then the rest of them are on the wind up, either because they're upset and bitter about the last decade so they lash out. Or because they're pigs in disguise trying to FUD/get a rise out of you.

Keep up the good work, most of us do appreciate it.

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

There are some absolute rumbleing numbnuts on this site

If you can't afford a season ticket, Lee's post isn't aimed at you

If you've already bought a season ticket, Lee's post isn't aimed at you

That said, I'd rather people have a whinge on a message board where it makes no difference whatsoever, than at the match. Perhaps Lee could try and see the difference?

I was really down after the last 2 home games, especially with the no-show against Ipswich. I've never been able to get my head around why it is the paying customer that has to lift, the paid players to perform. Surely professional pride is enough for players to want to put a shift in. I've never complained about players not being at their best, or things just aren't going for them as long as they work their socks off. In this respect, I've got all the time in the world for Tudgay and Varney and anyone else who is trying their best, but we have a few players who are hiding behind excuses like "lack of confidence" or "I'm going to be released in the summer so why should I bother?" I say to these players "it is time to man up, grow a pair, do the work you are being paid for" I've never boo-ed anyone in a Wednesday shirt, and don't expect to start now. But I do believe one or two players need to be read the riot act.

Has far as Investment goes, once we slipped into the bottom half, I knew things would stall. I wouldn't put money into anything if there is a chance of the same item being a lot cheaper in six months, that's only natural. I'm glad LS has made this clear, because one or two supporters will pounce on anything he says.

I think LS is doing a grand job in very difficult circumstances, and while I faulter at times, especially after inept performances, I will keep buying into his plan and support the club in any way I can.

UTO. FTB.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think he did it by winning trophies!

No he spoke out about the negativity before delivering the trophies.

He spoke about Man U fans harking back to and judging against the Busby babes and best / law / charlton teams and thereby making it impossible for the then current players to live up to these standards. He spoke about the negativity of man u fans who had suffered the pain of not challenging while Liverpool cleaned up and also the embarrassment of the questionable events surrounding the docherty years and how that effected their brand.

He was brave but lots of people said he was stupid to speak out. Some even accused him of being disrespectful to the past teams, to Busby and of slagging of "the fans".....................

Ironic isn't it.

Football clubs are never successful until they get everyone pulling in the same direction and have enough funding to compete at the level they are trying to be successful at.

Regards

Lee

He spoke about Man U fans harking back to and judging against the Busby babes and best / law / charlton teams and thereby making it impossible for the then current players to live up to these standards. He spoke about the negativity of man u fans who had suffered the pain of not challenging while Liverpool cleaned up and also the embarrassment of the questionable events surrounding the docherty years and how that effected their brand.

He was brave but lots of people said he was stupid to speak out. Some even accused him of being disrespectful to the past teams, to Busby and of slagging of "the fans".....................

Ironic isn't it.

Football clubs are never successful until they get everyone pulling in the same direction and have enough funding to compete at the level they are trying to be successful at.

Regards

Lee

No! I'll think you'll find your wrong.

Mark Robins saved his skin, then he went on to win things, thus creating a culture of positivity. Starting that season with the FA Cup.

Edited by M Royds

Ironic isn't it.

Regards

Lee

I could challenge parts of this, but i can't be fooked.

Edited by SiJ

Nope it was is and always will be the other way round. This is the way Football is now and despite rationalisation it will still be money driven. Thats the big thing so many do not get.

In the past you could build a team for nowt and then drive your crowds up and then carry on building. Now its the other way round just to get started.

Regards

Lee

I completely understand it, and tbh you won't find that many people who disagree with you when they hear it explained to them. The biggest problem of all is that your message simply isn't getting out as much as you believe it is.

I'm not sure how the club's relationship with the local media works (although i'm sure you've said summat in the past about RS and the Star not being particularly welcoming to us?) but the message that you are giving out needs to go more through those than on the internet to have a really big impact. At least 75% of the Wednesday fans i know rely on RS, the Star, YP etc for updates on SWFC.

People on here seem to be in a bubble for a lot of the time- the vast majority of Wednesday fans don't spend all their time on Owlstalk, don't spend all day hammering on F5 on the OS, and aren't members of the SWFC facebook/OurWednesday/Twitter etc etc.....our reliance on 'word of mouth' to ram home the message to our supporters is always liable to being corrupted/twisted either deliberately or accidently.

I don't think there are 'thousands of Wednesdayites' who disagree with your message- just thousands that haven't had it explained to them and therefore are pretty ignorant of it...our media usage has improved since you came in (after all, i think even the most die hard of Blades would admit you are slightly more personable than our Karen :biggrin: ) but the fact is that the Blades still run that part of the show in Sheffield.

All of this IMO of course.

What I don't get is why anyone who question's anything is accused of holding the club back......I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years, my son has recently started on the same journey and I often take his mates along whenever it's appropriate as well as cajoling a few part timers that I know and letting them know when there are any offers on....I attend nearly every event at Hillsborough, foundation lounge for some snap before every match......at 3 O'clock on a Saturday afternoon I do nothing but support the team and the players...yes even the ones who turn out in a scarf and gloves.

Yet as soon as you question anything that LS has done, you get accused of holding the club back and being negative......why is that then.....if LS tells me that the team are much better now than under Laws, what should I do, just nod and say "ok Lee, glad to hear that......I'll go and have a tenner on us winning 3-0 on Saturday".....if LS tells me (as he did last night) that Sunderland only got investment and money to spend on the team after they got in the prem, should I just take that on board and curse my memory for making me think Niall Quinn and his Irish money came in and brought Roy keane in when they were rock bottom of the championship?

The biggest problem LS has, is that his style on here is to abuse those of us who have already bought in to his plan.......we can moan as much as we want on here, but the fact is, the vast majority of us are on here because we care....and sad though it might seem, SWFC is one of the major things in our life, hence the amount of time we spend talking sh*t about them on here. Just wondering Lee if you'd ever thought of a slightly different style of "it's brilliant how much the fans are doing and how they are encouraging their mates to come along.....if we could just push that extra bit, we can really go places"

You're preaching to the converted on here.

Behaviour has a habit of breeding behaviour.....you want to stop negativity then stop posting it on here.

And yes, I did ask him a question to his face last night.....and I'd have asked him a few more to his face had he not done a runner once I'd cleaned up with the raffle

There are some absolute rumbleing numbnuts on this site

If you can't afford a season ticket, Lee's post isn't aimed at you

If you've already bought a season ticket, Lee's post isn't aimed at you

That said, I'd rather people have a whinge on a message board where it makes no difference whatsoever, than at the match. Perhaps Lee could try and see the difference?

^^^^^

Exactly This

Over sensitive attention seeking pricks

Edited by Sonny

What I don't get is why anyone who question's anything is accused of holding the club back......I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years, my son has recently started on the same journey and I often take his mates along whenever it's appropriate as well as cajoling a few part timers that I know and letting them know when there are any offers on....I attend nearly every event at Hillsborough, foundation lounge for some snap before every match......at 3 O'clock on a Saturday afternoon I do nothing but support the team and the players...yes even the ones who turn out in a scarf and gloves.

Yet as soon as you question anything that LS has done, you get accused of holding the club back and being negative......why is that then.....if LS tells me that the team are much better now than under Laws, what should I do, just nod and say "ok Lee, glad to hear that......I'll go and have a tenner on us winning 3-0 on Saturday".....if LS tells me (as he did last night) that Sunderland only got investment and money to spend on the team after they got in the prem, should I just take that on board and curse my memory for making me think Niall Quinn and his Irish money came in and brought Roy keane in when they were rock bottom of the championship?

The biggest problem LS has, is that his style on here is to abuse those of us who have already bought in to his plan.......we can moan as much as we want on here, but the fact is, the vast majority of us are on here because we care....and sad though it might seem, SWFC is one of the major things in our life, hence the amount of time we spend talking sh*t about them on here. Just wondering Lee if you'd ever thought of a slightly different style of "it's brilliant how much the fans are doing and how they are encouraging their mates to come along.....if we could just push that extra bit, we can really go places"

You're preaching to the converted on here.

Behaviour has a habit of breeding behaviour.....you want to stop negativity then stop posting it on here.

And yes, I did ask him a question to his face last night.....and I'd have asked him a few more to his face had he not done a runner once I'd cleaned up with the raffle

:blink:

Thats complete bobbins.

I remember Nial Quinn taking over with his Irish consortium.

They spent a poo poo load when they went up that season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drumaville_Consortium

Edited by SiJ

F*ck doing LS's job.

You would have to be mental to sign up for this poo poo.

Tbh i bet LS feels exactly like i reckon i would do.

99% of you is telling you to deck the flipping idiots who don't have a clue about anything and complain endlessly just because they like the sounds of their own voice, and flip off somewhere sunny with your family and money for the rest of your life.

But that bloody 1% of your brain (you know- the part which forces you to buy Danny Wilson toby jugs and characatures of Lloyd Owusu) just won't let you leave until you're dead or broke.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

I know it's complete bobbins but you can't question LS or you just get abuse thrown back at you, including from the man himself!

On the new year message video LS mentioned Sunderland were the only team to throw money at it to get promoted,

others got money afterwards. Are you sure you heard it right last night? Genuine question am not accusing you of

stiring or owt! Just seems strange he would say 1 thing on the video and then a different thing last night!!! :blink:

On the new year message video LS mentioned Sunderland were the only team to throw money at it to get promoted,

others got money afterwards. Are you sure you heard it right last night? Genuine question am not accusing you of

stiring or owt! Just seems strange he would say 1 thing on the video and then a different thing last night!!! :blink:

:blink:

I'd count Wolves aswell.

That Morgan fella took over didn't he.

Haven't got a clue tbh!

He bought out Jack Walker i believe.

He is a life long Liverpool fan (Morgan) and once tried to get a position on the Anfield board.

Point is that McCarthy spent a reasonable amount of cash to get them up.

Edited by SiJ

He bought out Jack Walker i believe.

He is a life long Liverpool fan (Morgan) and once tried to get a position on the Anfield board.

Point is that McCarthy spent a reasonable amount of cash to get them up.

Maybe, I think the point is, its the exeption not the rule & even with investment, we're never gonna be in a position to

buy promotion, but other teams have shown it can be done. I only mentioned it because it seem some of the LS critics want to jump on anything he says to justify their obvious disslike of the man. Like I keep saying theres nothing wrong

with having a difference of opinion but a group on here critisise his every decision and for me thats equaly as bad as

the brown tongueing they accuse others of.