We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

But its been over a year now and we are no longer being mislead by our club. We are no longer being taken advantage of. Yet far too many of us are behaving like the abuse victim that turns round and then becomes the abuser. As a consequence we are not backing this team (emotionally as well as financially) as it struggles through a tough season that management execution (absence of) created. Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

Our club will not progress until everyone moves on from the negativity that has seeped into our very bones this past 15 years or so.

Reality - We are a struggling championship club trying to lift ourselves financially, emotionally and by best practice up to being a strong championship club. We have the opportunity to do this because our fan base is large enough and the rest of football is melting down. We have a genuine opportunity, but only if we want to make it happen.

To do this will take us all adopting a positive yet pragmatic (not unrealistic) mindset.

To do this will take us all maintaining our football budget at £6m-£7m a year for a period long enough for AI to shape our squad and develop a new Wednesday football identity. Then we move forward again.

For us all not to want to make this happen would be insane, you would think. Yet so many just want to carry on the negativity and the mistrust and the infighting. This being behaviour that we were conditioned to by those wonderful people that created the problems at our club...................

Its time to wake up, the relegation battle effort needs us and the club being driven forward only happens if we all push in the same direction (emotionally and financially)

Lots of us have committed to moving forward (that's what keeps me going), but many are threatening to stop and many more have just not woken up still.

We all pull together and we can retain our position in this league and take the opportunity in front of us together.

We let this all unwind and I fear it will all end up a lot worse than 18 months ago.

Regards

Lee

Bought my season ticket, appreciate everything you've done Lee, but as I've said before, investment is simply leading us on.. I believed it would happen.. but tbh I honestly doubt that any progress will be made. This is where we are, I'm still putting money in and getting on board with the lads, Alan, Lee and Nick but I really don't think that we'll ever be half as good as we were.

I'm with you here Lee, unfashionable (here and there on the unfailingly psychopathological Owlstalk though it might be), 100%. I seem to have popped my little cork about this on other threads this afternoon, but I'm getting a bit bored of doom mongers and nay sayers now. I might have to go onto 606 instead.

Come on people, we've got a tiny, thread-bare, knackered, injured, mentally-frail (in parts), old (in parts), too young (in parts) squad, who are our ticket out of this season's footballing hole. Slag them off and we guarantee failure. Back them and we'll survive. Simple.

We've got a great club, a big chance, World Cup approval, and we're a million miles away from the misery of a year or so ago.

Wingeing and moaning never solved anything.

WTID!

Edited by shabbyhouse

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

But its been over a year now and we are no longer being mislead by our club. We are no longer being taken advantage of. Yet far too many of us are behaving like the abuse victim that turns round and then becomes the abuser. As a consequence we are not backing this team (emotionally as well as financially) as it struggles through a tough season that management execution (absence of) created. Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

Our club will not progress until everyone moves on from the negativity that has seeped into our very bones this past 15 years or so.

Reality - We are a struggling championship club trying to lift ourselves financially, emotionally and by best practice up to being a strong championship club. We have the opportunity to do this because our fan base is large enough and the rest of football is melting down. We have a genuine opportunity, but only if we want to make it happen.

To do this will take us all adopting a positive yet pragmatic (not unrealistic) mindset.

To do this will take us all maintaining our football budget at £6m-£7m a year for a period long enough for AI to shape our squad and develop a new Wednesday football identity. Then we move forward again.

For us all not to want to make this happen would be insane, you would think. Yet so many just want to carry on the negativity and the mistrust and the infighting. This being behaviour that we were conditioned to by those wonderful people that created the problems at our club...................

Its time to wake up, the relegation battle effort needs us and the club being driven forward only happens if we all push in the same direction (emotionally and financially)

Lots of us have committed to moving forward (that's what keeps me going), but many are threatening to stop and many more have just not woken up still.

We all pull together and we can retain our position in this league and take the opportunity in front of us together.

We let this all unwind and I fear it will all end up a lot worse than 18 months ago.

Regards

Lee

You must have a head made of steel, all that banging your head against a brick wall.

You must have a head made of steel, all that banging your head against a brick wall.

lol - and I ant giving up on us any time soon either.

That's the funny thing, we needed strong leadership and yet so many of us kick the crap out of said leader (and the rest of us) yet all we have seen is that leader acting with integrity and with zero self interest..........

Regards

Lee

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

Regards

Lee

Couldn't agree more, my season tickets bought. Keep up the good work Lee.

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

Regards

Lee

Lee,

You keep making these points but you really need to explain what it was that was so bad with the previous regime? It is clearly important because you are of the opinion that many supporters are still staying away from the club and not buying season tickets because of it.

Until you explain what you are referring to, I think many are probably missing the main point you are trying to make. I am aware that DA had a pretty agressive manner and have been at meetings where everyone including myself were pretty much insulted. But he did loan the club his own money at a very critical time. I am also aware that some of the people employed by the club did not appear to be on top of their jobs. I am also aware of the share re-launch in the 1990s which created the Charterhouse special shares and subsequently the Trust and then Wednesdayite, which in my opinion raised new money which was wasted - mainly because of many bad footballing decisions about player transfers and players wages in the late 1990s. I am also aware of the legal action against posters on this website.

But you appear to be referring to something much more serious than all this - are you able to explain or can you only give oblique reference for legal reasons?

That's the funny thing, we needed strong leadership and yet so many of us kick the crap out of said leader (and the rest of us) yet all we have seen is that leader acting with integrity and with zero self interest..........

Regards

Lee

Did you see that nature programme about penguins where they all jostle about on the edge of an ice floe, and then shove the unlucky one into the water, to see if there's any killer whales about?

After you Claude! No, really, after you Cecil....

Guest aphextwins

It is really difficut to remain positive at the moment though Lee.

We're one point from the drop zone and don't look like we could fight our way out of a paper bag.

The promise of investment for the last 2-3 years is still as far away as it was when DA was here.

Francis Jeffers is still earning a wage at this club, which im sure that money could be put to far better use.

We don't have anything in the way of kids coming through as the under 19's league status shows.

I've already got my season ticket for next year, so I'm doing my bit but, I expect to see the players give 100% every game and they just don't.

Lee,

You keep making these points but you really need to explain what it was that was so bad with the previous regime? It is clearly important because you are of the opinion that many supporters are still staying away from the club and not buying season tickets because of it.

Until you explain what you are referring to, I think many are probably missing the main point you are trying to make. I am aware that DA had a pretty agressive manner and have been at meetings where everyone including myself were pretty much insulted. But he did loan the club his own money at a very critical time. I am also aware that some of the people employed by the club did not appear to be on top of their jobs. I am also aware of the share re-launch in the 1990s which created the Charterhouse special shares and subsequently the Trust and then Wednesdayite, which in my opinion raised new money which was wasted - mainly because of many bad footballing decisions about player transfers and players wages in the late 1990s. I am also aware of the legal action against posters on this website.

But you appear to be referring to something much more serious than all this - are you able to explain or can you only give oblique reference for legal reasons?

It doesn't matter.

It's not about the events in the club, or what happened, but the mindset.

For years its been fans vs. the club administration.

The aim is to change that, so that it's the fans and the club together, then we can move forward. This has been explained innumerable times.

To go back to those days while the process of getting the mindset right will only take us backwards not forwards. Again, this has been explained innumerable times.

By all means, continue to be a rumbleing shithead about everything, but every question you ask has been answered and explained, and you continue to ask the wrong questions. This goes for plenty of other posters as well.

It's getting beyond a joke on here now, with people either being incredibly stupid, or deliberately refusing to listen and take on board the message.

It's fine if you've got criticisms and questions, but not when you don't even seem to understand what's going on.

Seems to be going well above your head, anyway.

Regards

Lee

Good for you.

I think the problem is that everyone always wants to blame someone, unfortunately you're in the firing line.

Bought my season ticket, appreciate everything you've done Lee, but as I've said before, investment is simply leading us on.. I believed it would happen.. but tbh I honestly doubt that any progress will be made. This is where we are, I'm still putting money in and getting on board with the lads, Alan, Lee and Nick but I really don't think that we'll ever be half as good as we were.

How on earth do you really know that? Weird magic talk, if you ask me....

Lee.

It doesnt matter what you say on here, some people will still kick you where it hurts.

Done my bit by getting my season tickets early, and I know I will struggle to pay for them, but ive been a wednesday fan for 45 years and im not giving up now.

You must have a heart like a lion...other people would have given up by now.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Ozzy

W.T.W.D

It doesn't matter.

The aim is to change that, so that it's the fans and the club together, then we can move forward. This has been explained innumerable times.

To go back to those days while the process of getting the mindset right will only take us backwards not forwards. Again, this has been explained innumerable times.

By all means, continue to be a rumbleing shithead about everything, but every question you ask has been answered and explained, and you continue to ask the wrong questions. This goes for plenty of other posters as well.

It's getting beyond a joke on here now, with people either being incredibly stupid, or deliberately refusing to listen and take on board the message.

It's fine if you've got criticisms and questions, but not when you don't even seem to understand what's going on.

Excellent post.

It is really difficut to remain positive at the moment though Lee.

We're one point from the drop zone and don't look like we could fight our way out of a paper bag.

The promise of investment for the last 2-3 years is still as far away as it was when DA was here.

Francis Jeffers is still earning a wage at this club, which im sure that money could be put to far better use.

We don't have anything in the way of kids coming through as the under 19's league status shows.

I've already got my season ticket for next year, so I'm doing my bit but, I expect to see the players give 100% every game and they just don't.

There is nothing to "celebrate" on the pitch but we have to be "positive". We have won 5 out of nine under AI. Previously it was 4 out of 20..............

&

No promises have ever been made about investment by Nick or I. The bigger reality is that we have only had a "credible" investment process in place since we cleaned the club up and made the club investor ready last year.

&

We have not been driving youth player development in recent years as there was not a strong link between the academy and the 1st team in recent years.

&

There are loads of examples of what we have done to effect positive change this past year. This should be all that is needed to show what the issues were before...............those changes all add up to progress, now we must retain our position in this league so we can push on again next season.

Regards

Lee

Edited by Lee Strafford

here we go again.......

Is right...here we go again you having a pop...why don't you volunteer and step up if you think you could do any better?

No?

cos' it's easier ( and safer ) to sit on the sidelines whingeing like Boo Hoo mcCabe's love child....the difference between the two clubs is that when we were really poo poo ( in the 70s ) the wednesdayites stood up a to be counted while the pigs ranted and raved and did nothing...but i suppose that's a different generation not the "ME ME ME " generation of today..

Meh... can't be bothered anymore...if Lee fails you'll get what you deserve

It doesn't matter.

You are quite right, I am clearly missing the point.

I have been actively supporting since 1955. I have a season ticket and have bought one for 2010/11, I had debentures in the North Stand to help fund its building, I own shares, I would buy more shares to give new money to the club if they were issued.

And yet we are all still being told we are not doing enough. What extra is it that you expect me to do so that I get the message?

Guest Briscoe Inferno

The fact is that what LS and team have done and are doing over 18 months should have been rolled out softly softly in a controlled manner over the previous 10 years+.

For some of these changes over those 10 years would still have been difficult to come to terms with. The issues weren't addressed at the time and now it appears to many more that the rapid changes required to keep up with the changing face of football are too much to take.

It would always get worse before it gets better but as with the Pompey meltdown & Palace and the increasing number of other clubs whos very existence is on the brink, it is essential that the changes required are actioned as rapidly as possible from the bottom up.

This whole process is not window dressing or tinkering around the edges, the entire fabric and structure of this club has required a complete overhaul for some time and was on the verge of imminent collapse. One by one each element of the old is being repaired and replaced and now against the backdrop of many positive things and firm foundations put in place in the last 18 months, some hard decisions have to be made in terms of the playing staff.

I believe we now have the calibre of team management in place needed to make those decisions and the shirkers, the bottlers, the bad apples, the shrinking violets, the weak-willed and pizza eating so called professionals will now be tested.

Time to stand up and be counted and we will see in the next 24 hours who has any self respect......

You are quite right, I am clearly missing the point.

I have been actively supporting since 1955. I have a season ticket and have bought one for 2010/11, I had debentures in the North Stand to help fund its building, I own shares, I would buy more shares to give new money to the club if they were issued.

And yet we are all still being told we are not doing enough. What extra is it that you expect me to do so that I get the message?

You could do a turn!