We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

You just can't admit when your wrong, can you?

Read this link, not from HW, but from a player who played under AF and the direct quote about AF being 20 minutes away from the sack. None of this garbage about Fergie changing the mindset of the supporters or insulting the very people that put money in his pocket.

Link

Sorry mate, but I know Mr Robins and what Ince and everyone else says is a pile of crock. How would players be privvy to the board at MUFC. I don't think Mr Edwards and Co would be discussing with players the managers future, it was all paper talk.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

You just can't admit when your wrong, can you?

Read this link, not from HW, but from a player who played under AF and the direct quote about AF being 20 minutes away from the sack. None of this garbage about Fergie changing the mindset of the supporters or insulting the very people that put money in his pocket.

Link

quote... " was PROBABLY 20 minutes from the sack"...............................(probably=possibly=maybe=might have= UNKNOWN for certain)

meaning- it's pure flippingguesswork for the purpose of a newspaper article !!!

this against calling at least two people (HW & LS) liars !!!!!!!

now who is it that can't admit they're wrong again(or a least can't let summat drop) ????

Edited by brian joicey

Sorry mate, but I know Mr Robins and what Ince and everyone else says is a pile of crock. How would players be privvy to the board at MUFC. I don't think Mr Edwards and Co would be discussing with players the managers future, it was all paper talk.

Can you say that with such certainty?

quote... " was PROBABLY 20 minutes from the sack"...............................(probably=possibly=maybe=might have= UNKNOWN for certain)

meaning- it's pure flippingguesswork for the purpose of a newspaper article !!!

this against calling at least two people (HW & LS) liars !!!!!!!

now who is it that can't admit they're wrong again(or a least can't let summat drop) ????

WHO CALLED THEM LIARS?

I said that he was wrong. Big difference. It was a direct quote from one of the players who was instrumental in Man United success in the 1990's. Not exactly guess work, is it?

This is guess work but didn't Edwards and co have a name for sacking managers who did not deliver?

Stop twisting my words and acting dumb!

Edited by M Royds

WHO CALLED THEM LIARS?

I said that he was wrong. Big difference. It was a direct quote from one of the players who was instrumental in Man United success in the 1990's. Not exactly guess work, is it?

This is guess work but didn't Edwards and co have a name for sacking managers who did not deliver?

Stop twisting my words and acting dumb!

of course i know it's a direct quote from ince BUT......it's pure guesswork from him on the '20minute from sacking' point (how can he possibly have known for certain).

DUMB-ASS !!!

This thread makes me feel very sad. Once again it has turned into a typical Owlstalk thread of in-fighting and re-hashing old arguments.

I have had issues with the club - I posted my opinions and thoughts on several occasions. Then I decided that I had made my point, I got it off my chest and then I moved on. I said that I wouldn't keep brining it up because it will cause the same arguments and debates over and over again.

Some of the post on this thread are the same old drivel. Some of the things in this thread are side issues that have been discussed to death else where. When do people (one example Glaser) decide to put the old debates to bed and give Lee and Nick a chance ?

It makes me more angry that we have been in worse positions than this and people said nothing. We were relegated from the Premier League with a shocking team, a mountain of debt and total mis-management, yet people sat back, said nothing and did nothing.

We went down to League One and nearly had our lowest league finish ever, yet thousands of fans still turned up. We were getting big crowds watching an abysmal team, far far worse that the players we have now.

What I don't get, is that previous people in charge of the club and team were given patience and support. Lee and Nick have done loads for this club in a short space of time, why not put and end to the petty digs and get behind the team.

The other person who deserves a chance is the team manager. We have given patience to many before him. Lets get behind him, give him a budget to work with and see what happens when he can bring in a few players of his own.

Its simple, turn up and support the team if you can. If you cant, for whatever reason, that's fine, but are your negative comments and digs at the club productive ?

Forward Together.

Spot on.

I also dont always agree with all that LS says on here or every decision made by him/the club, however I don't feel the

need for the digs etc from those that clearly have a personal disslike for LS.

The purpose of these type of rally cries are to convince the 'floating supporter' (for want of a better term) to buy in. If you don't agree with this method then fair enough. But surely as Owls you do agree with the aim? So instead of using it

as an oppertunity to have a dig at LS just be a bit more mature & let it go, instead why not help try to win over those

that are undecided on wheather or not to renew or buy a ST? Incresing the football budget is the only way we have a

chance to improve on the pitch.

Weather or not you like LS or agree with his every dcision, you cannot deny he wants the best for the club and

arguing with him being constantly negative. Jumping on every misstake he makes etc is not really helping is it?

of course i know it's a direct quote from ince BUT......it's pure guesswork from him on the '20minute from sacking' point (how can he possibly have known for certain).

DUMB-ASS !!!

Direct quote from someone in Fergies team, not from a keyboard warrior who happens to have the privilege of running a football club.

Sorry about the 'Dumb' comment. I was trying to be ironic and Straffordesq in style.

Guest normski

Yet another attempt to try and emotionally blackmail fans and badger them into buying a season ticket, and if they DONT buy a season ticket, they are not supporting the club and are not wanting us to go forward!

That is complete garbage Lee and you should be ashamed of this constant barrage of mental abuse and emotional blackmail.

I cannot afford a season ticket, and can only afford to go to about 5/6 matches a season. So I am not wanting wednesday to go forward????????

I have credit card bills and mortgage payments and wife and kids to feed. These HAVE to come first, but if that makes me not good enough, then so be it.

You need to look in the mirror Lee and stop trying to make people feel like they have to do this. Not very good, and that's coming from a wednesdayite of more than the 15 years you speak of.

Nail on head mate,He lives in cloud cuckoo land.

As a season ticket holder and sat in my same seat for nearly 30 years this is my final season ticket due to new restructure,so i would like to thank you Lee for theat well done keep up the good work, you stick to sitting up there with the prawn sandwich brigade been mr big i am.(you love all this attention to boost your own personal buisness image)

I do like you lee you are a down to earth bloke trying hard to move us forward i understand that but you are pushing people away too by being arrogant and belittleing people, i would love to meet you and have a 1 to 1 with you.

i would get my season ticket as normalat the normal time but to be bullied into saying if you do not renew your seat will be sold is wrong

the thing that pi55es me off are all the arse lickers yes lee no lee 3 bags full lee.

COME ON WE WANT OUR WEDNESDAY BACK

-

Can you say that with such certainty?

Yes. and to back it up Ill tell you why Fergie got rid of him, Mark Robin's father asked for a meeting with Fergie and told him his son had saved his job and wanted MUFC to double his wages. Fergie took this to Edwards and the rest is history. Edited by Señor Sam

-

Yes.

OK then!

I believe some fella off the internet rather than a direct quote from an ex-england internation who played for Man Utd.

The Robin/father story is well versed and often brought up. Has nothing to do with the argument that Fergie kept his because he won the Cup that year.

Edited by M Royds

Nail on head mate,He lives in cloud cuckoo land.

As a season ticket holder and sat in my same seat for nearly 30 years this is my final season ticket due to new restructure,so i would like to thank you Lee for theat well done keep up the good work, you stick to sitting up there with the prawn sandwich brigade been mr big i am.(you love all this attention to boost your own personal buisness image)

I do like you lee you are a down to earth bloke trying hard to move us forward i understand that but you are pushing people away too by being arrogant and belittleing people, i would love to meet you and have a 1 to 1 with you.

i would get my season ticket as normalat the normal time but to be bullied into saying if you do not renew your seat will be sold is wrong

the thing that pi55es me off are all the arse lickers yes lee no lee 3 bags full lee.

COME ON WE WANT OUR WEDNESDAY BACK

The decision to sell season tickets early is for a very good reason, can you not understand this? :blink:

Which means the deadline for keeping your seat also moves in line with the rest of the deadlines (which have been extended to help with the adjustment), its not a threat!!!

The thing that pi55es me off is all the numptys that cant understand things so go on the attack!

OK then!

I believe some fella off the internet rather than a direct quote from an ex-england internation who played for Man Utd.

Yes. and to back it up Ill tell you why Fergie got rid of him, Mark Robin's father asked for a meeting with Fergie and told him his son had saved his job and wanted MUFC to double his wages. Fergie took this to Edwards and the rest is history.

You believe Ince if you want, I'm some fella off the internet........... that knows Mr Robins as stated in my post.

Robins saved Fergie? Going on how football works with the relationship between the manager, the chairman and the fans, I would say its probably certain.

When the fans start getting on the Boards back the board like to deflect the criticism onto the manager, which usually follows with the manager going.

If Man Utd did not win the cup that year the fans would have called for his head and Chairman would have delivered.

If anyone really wants to change the mindset of the fans, win plenty of flipping games, that is all. The mindest of football fans is pretty simple, fans want to see success. Whether it is in the form of winning tropihies are simply winning matches.

Yes. and to back it up Ill tell you why Fergie got rid of him, Mark Robin's father asked for a meeting with Fergie and told him his son had saved his job and wanted MUFC to double his wages. Fergie took this to Edwards and the rest is history.

You believe Ince if you want, I'm some fella off the internet........... that knows Mr Robins as stated in my post.

Not doubting what you say but could the argument be a little one sided as the source is Robins and he did not get the pay rise he felt he deserved?

Also, if true, it would add to the belief that even Robins and his dad knew that he would have been sacked if it was not for Robin's permformance.

In summing up, Robins, Robins's dad and Ince felt that Fergie was close to the infamous Edwards axe. Where as LS feels that Fergie changed the mindset of supporters first and then he went on to win trophies.

Edited by M Royds

Not doubting what you say but could the argument be a little one sided as the source is Robins and he did not get the pay rise he felt he deserved?

Also, if true, it would add to the belief that even Robins and his dad knew that he would have been sacked if it was not for Robin's permformance.

In summing up, Robins, Robins's dad and Ince felt that Fergie was close to the infamous Edwards axe. Where as LS feels that Fergie changed the mindset of supporters first and then he went on to win trophies.

Don't know how you come up with that, lets just agree to disagree ?

UP THE OWLS !

Guest triple j

I do feel for Lee a bit really.

Laws turned to dogsh*te pretty damn quickly, then Just when we thought Irvine had got the boys sorted out, they spontaneously turned to a type of dogsh*te much worse than before, a type of dogsh*te that you just can't legislate for.

Unfortunately though, crowds aren't gonna get better until the product does, that's just simple logic. The diehards are already dying-hard and the casual fan is finding it extremely difficult to justify the money, time and pain.

The decision to sell season tickets early is for a very good reason, can you not understand this? :blink:

Which means the deadline for keeping your seat also moves in line with the rest of the deadlines (which have been extended to help with the adjustment), its not a threat!!!

The thing that pi55es me off is all the numptys that cant understand things so go on the attack!

Every fvcker on here understands it..that means merely next to nowt, because no matter how bloody ardent your average Owlstalk poster is, he's merely a small part of the whole fanbase.

Some older fans will not ante up for 2 season tickets in a year, some other Wednesday fans will not ante up for a season ticket before they know which division they are gonna be in..and a few more will not want to be forced to move their seats because they will not ante up before the usual deadline.

Sure we think they are all wrong and the small percentage of us who post on here take the moral high ground and insist we are right...

Lee can post on here day and night simply preaching to the bloody converted and call the odd miscreant Fudder or Ashley...cos you can do that on here...

Have we heard any of this in the national or local media?..course we fvckin' haven't....just in this little bloody sandpit, where we go round and round in ever decreasing circles , heading up our own bloody fundaments.

Our arguements are spurios, "Where the 40'000 that went to Cardiff"...sat at home waiting for things to get better...thousands of others waiting for the next freebie, and the odd couple of thousand who simply cannot afford it.

You cannot threaten fans to come, you cannot use emotional blackmail on some fvcker who has had 10 years of dross and decided its not worth the fvckin' trouble.

There are those of us who will come whatever...there are fvckin' legions that won't...and arguing who's who in this whole bleedin' dogs breakfast is like tryin' to shove a pound of butter up a tomtits ar*e with a red hot needle

Every fvcker on here understands it..that means merely next to nowt, because no matter how bloody ardent your average Owlstalk poster is, he's merely a small part of the whole fanbase.

Some older fans will not ante up for 2 season tickets in a year, some other Wednesday fans will not ante up for a season ticket before they know which division they are gonna be in..and a few more will not want to be forced to move their seats because they will not ante up before the usual deadline.

Sure we think they are all wrong and the small percentage of us who post on here take the moral high ground and insist we are right...

Lee can post on here day and night simply preaching to the bloody converted and call the odd miscreant Fudder or Ashley...cos you can do that on here...

Have we heard any of this in the national or local media?..course we fvckin' haven't....just in this little bloody sandpit, where we go round and round in ever decreasing circles , heading up our own bloody fundaments.

Our arguements are spurios, "Where the 40'000 that went to Cardiff"...sat at home waiting for things to get better...thousands of others waiting for the next freebie, and the odd couple of thousand who simply cannot afford it.

You cannot threaten fans to come, you cannot use emotional blackmail on some fvcker who has had 10 years of dross and decided its not worth the fvckin' trouble.

There are those of us who will come whatever...there are fvckin' legions that won't...and arguing who's who in this whole bleedin' dogs breakfast is like tryin' to shove a pound of butter up a tomtits ar*e with a red hot needle

I've told you before, what I do in my spare time, in the comfort of my own home is none of your business.

I won't be judged.