We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

Guest ReginaldBlinker

..... smell the money

..... sorted either way in two weeks

what is your expectation if investment arrives?

This is important to understand your attitude to it? You think we'll be bidding for Ronaldo?

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

But its been over a year now and we are no longer being mislead by our club. We are no longer being taken advantage of. Yet far too many of us are behaving like the abuse victim that turns round and then becomes the abuser. As a consequence we are not backing this team (emotionally as well as financially) as it struggles through a tough season that management execution (absence of) created. Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

Our club will not progress until everyone moves on from the negativity that has seeped into our very bones this past 15 years or so.

Reality - We are a struggling championship club trying to lift ourselves financially, emotionally and by best practice up to being a strong championship club. We have the opportunity to do this because our fan base is large enough and the rest of football is melting down. We have a genuine opportunity, but only if we want to make it happen.

To do this will take us all adopting a positive yet pragmatic (not unrealistic) mindset.

To do this will take us all maintaining our football budget at £6m-£7m a year for a period long enough for AI to shape our squad and develop a new Wednesday football identity. Then we move forward again.

For us all not to want to make this happen would be insane, you would think. Yet so many just want to carry on the negativity and the mistrust and the infighting. This being behaviour that we were conditioned to by those wonderful people that created the problems at our club...................

Its time to wake up, the relegation battle effort needs us and the club being driven forward only happens if we all push in the same direction (emotionally and financially)

Lots of us have committed to moving forward (that's what keeps me going), but many are threatening to stop and many more have just not woken up still.

We all pull together and we can retain our position in this league and take the opportunity in front of us together.

We let this all unwind and I fear it will all end up a lot worse than 18 months ago.

Regards

Lee

I'm with you all the way Lee. Season Ticket purchased and ready for another season! Keep it going mate, you're doing a great job.

Apologies if I'm repeating anything as I only read the OP.

I actually think Wednesday fans are due credit. To say we've had 10 years of crap not long after being one of the top sides in the country, we deal with it quite well. I think most teams would moan as much as we do given our situation.

That said, I'm fully behind Lee Strafford, Alan Irvine and SWFC, we do have a job to do (as frustrating as it is being a Wednesday fan at the mo).

UTO

PS. Lee, are weekend only season tickets definitely gonna be available next season? If so, you're guaranteed to be getting circa £600 from me and my dad, regardless of what division we're in.

Edited by PeteG_1984

He's not blaming the fans. He's flipping begging with them to come back. Why can't you see the difference?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Nail on head.

The issue is either some people are not capable of trusting anyone.

Or

They are not capable of trusting the Chairman of SWFC.

Either way, everything I say and do is being twisted into something sinister by thousands of our fellow Wednesdayites.

Regards

Lee

Our aim this season of 16.5k season tickets and an average of 24,300 on matchdays was based on us competing in and around the top 10.

We've spent most of the season at the bottom, and tbh our ST sales will reflect that for next season (i expect to see 13-14k for next year.) and no amount of LS's tubthumping CardiffOwl-esque threads will change that.

We've got plenty of stupid fans who will renew regardless of league position (i'm one of them. :blink: ) but we haven't got 16.5k of them.

Nope it was is and always will be the other way round. This is the way Football is now and despite rationalisation it will still be money driven. Thats the big thing so many do not get.

In the past you could build a team for nowt and then drive your crowds up and then carry on building. Now its the other way round just to get started.

Regards

Lee

Either way, everything I say and do is being twisted into something sinister by thousands of our fellow Wednesdayites.

a bit of exageration there me thinks....

Yeh you have your critics - some of them are well found too and speak sense - but thousands??????

It's your job to deliver the goods Lee.

Nope its my responsibility to lead. I don't have a "job".

Leadership currently means tackling our broken mentality and that means raising it and making everyone affected by the problem act like intelligent grown ups, hopefully then waking up and then moving forward.

Regards

Lee

Edited by Lee Strafford