The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

The prices are a joke! I expected prices for the kop to at least drop below £300? Plus renewals by the end of May?

Being a season ticket holder for many, many years.... I think next season i'll be doing something different.

before 30/5(16/06 last season)

kop - £326 last season £333 this season

North - £396 last season £405 this season

south - £457 last season £468 this season

(grandstand was £326 last season - £468 for same seat this season)

before 30/06

kop - £344 last £381 this

north - £419 last £463 this

south - £484 last £535 this

(Grandstand was £344 last season - £535 for same seat this season)

before 31/07 (04/08 last season)

kop - £383 last £392 this

North - £465 last £476 this

south - £538 last £551 this

(Grandstand was £383 last season - £551 for same seat this season)

I don't know where you got you're figures from but I'm not sure you're correct here, from my recollection it was £515 to renew on the South last season and that is why I didn't bother.

As for the argument regarding the catergories it should be

Adult....................obviously

Senior Citizens......even though most of them have more money then anybody, there are loads that don't

U-21.....................just starting out in work/life

U-16.....................still at School and dependent on parents

U-12.....................how many of this age got to the match without parent (and how many actually watch the game)

Students...............tax dodging scrubbers with jeans around the arse

Edited by WadsleyOwl

Im sorry but as a 17 year old you can't get rid of the u18 category.

I recieve no ema, I was made redundant from my part time job and study full time.

I thought EMA was to buy things you need for school/college, not for season tickets.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

I don't know where you got you're figures from but I'm not sure you're correct here, from my recollection it was £515 to renew on the South last season and that is why I didn't bother.

Senior Citizens......even though most of them have more money then anybody, there are loads that don't

U-12.....................how many of this age got to the match without parent (and how many actually watch the game)

I thought I paid £515 too.

Last year, Mr Walker in pretty blunt and unsensitive terms said if we want players in, then season tickets need to generate the revenue.

People felt angered by this, which is totally understandable. What had they done to deserve such support and trust? Nothing.

But Lee cant wave a magic wand, the same pressures still fall on the club and the club needs to raise the revenue from somewhere (the message is the same but less explicit and patronising thankfully). Im sure if the club could get better players in AND reduce tickets they would love to but its just how it goes.

If these slight reductions had been done by Allen and co it would be different as the relationship between them and the fans was shattered. But I think the new lads deserve the benefit of the doubt and support at what is a difficult task..without investment then we arent going to get money from thin air!

Edited by Bluesteel

majority still living at home with higher disposable income

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/06

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

I agree with most of that but my ticket on the kop last season was £366.00 and that was before the 1st deadline, I think your pricing might be incorrect or I'm missing something.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

I agree with most of that but my ticket on the kop last season was £366.00 and that was before the 1st deadline, I think your pricing might be incorrect or I'm missing something.

I think the comparitives quoted may be for the year before.

If enough fans send emails to the club, they will have to adjust these 'offers'.

I can see a situation where the club back down, and along with the DVD offer renewals a free Regi Blinker mouse mat, and a complimentary half of luke warm lager, at our pre-season friendly versus Port Vale.

Sheffield Gimmick Wednesday.

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/06

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

Spot on

which other club manages to cause uproar with the announcement of a 'price reduction'....norwich,badford,blades????

IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN AT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

It's not so much the price reduction causing uproar, read some of the posts about fans having to pay upto £200 MORE.

If enough fans send emails to the club, they will have to adjust these 'offers'.

I can see a situation where the club back down, and along with the DVD offer renewals a free Regi Blinker mouse mat, and a complimentary half of luke warm lager, at our pre-season friendly versus Port Vale.

Sheffield Gimmick Wednesday.

Just sent mine and I know off at least 4 others that have to .

Guest Bellsview

which other club manages to cause uproar with the announcement of a 'price reduction'....norwich,badford,blades????

IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN AT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

Which other club announces price reductions, only for a good number of supporters to be charged MORE to stay in their current seats?

IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN AT WENESDAY!!!!!

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is delighted to introduce a wave of price reductions for 2009/10 season tickets at Hillsborough.

All existing season ticket holders, or supporters who have bought a season ticket in the previous two years (since 2006/07), renewing before the end of May will be able to claim a significant reduction on 2008/09 prices.

Can I hold them to that cos it just aint true for me.