The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

My situation too, been in family stand for a number of years and actually paid extra on renewal day for us to move all 5 seats to right behind the directors box, (padded seats & better view). Was looking forward to a reduction which aint going to happen now.

Have never enjoyed going on North or Kop due to lack of leg room.

Oh and i've already bought both pigs dvds.

GUTTED LEE

So what you're really saying is that the "previously well run club" seriously undersold some of the best seats in the ground, and you wanted to retain them for future years at even less cost!

if this is true then good news

Maybe good news if you're considering buying a shirt which personally I'm not.

I wonder what RS have to say on the matter because I think the ST crisis is going to be a big issue on today's phone-in. They'll probably say it's a good deal or something to try and keep the club relationship sweet.

I think people are taking too much notice of the pigs:

The Pigs clearly have much much much more money than we do and so can still afford to offer what are most likely the lowest prices in this league (and most certainly the premier if they go up). They can do this and still pay big wages etc.

If we do this we will have alot less income and this will reflect on the wage budget.

What do we want stupidly low prices with a poor product or a happy medium? Because unfortunately we're not in a position to have both at the minute.

What good is 25,000 season ticket holders watching the team get hammered every week? People would stop turning up anyway.

I think these prices are ok considering everything. Although I doubt they are going to boost attendances as much as they thought.

Edited by BrownyOwl

Guest ReginaldBlinker

I'm very happy with the new prices. Making the south a bit more of a premium experience is a good idea. Kop is excellent value for the normal fan.

Has anyone read the interactive booklet with his comments in, the family stand has moved to the north stand. So thats now 3,000 seats with excellent views and good facilities shut off?

Is the Grandstand actually closing or is it a case of pay south stand prices to sit up there?

Grandstand has some of the best views and definitely the best legroom.

I think there are decent deals there.

if people dont like the prices in certain areas then just move, its not the end of the world in most cases.

Its good for young families and it rewards the elderly. People are always going to moan but I think the club does need to make more of the south stand.

The proof will be in the pudding though, if it gets decent football on the pitch then it may all be worth it.

O it`s that simple is it well 1st thing I was very happy sitting in the family enclosure 2nd thing now that I have been forced out it`s going to cost me 571 in the sth 495 in nth or 400 in the kop . I`m so happy that good deals or to be found it just seems like us with kids 8 and over are paying for them . WELL PISSED OFF it`s looking like I will not be renewing THANKS LEE

I don't see the problem generally

All these people saying "I only save £X.XX" need to take a good long look at themselves.

All these people who have grown a year older and as such fall into a different bracket where it costs more need to do likewise.

It'd be great if it cost £50 throughout the ground but thats not viable.

A deal cannot be done for every single personal circumstance possible, perhaps the club could have 'guaranteed' nobody paid more than this season... offering a price match for the few who are genuinely disadvantaged by the changes due to having 17 kids or something like that.

I was hoping to get a season ticket on the South, not sure whether I will now as I'd struggle to justify the expense considering I'm not likely to take advantage of the premium facilities.

I have no God given right to watch the match from a throne-like seat whilst being sexually gratified by my own personal servant. I either cough up and go to watch or I don't, if I can't afford the South Stand I'll maybe downgrade. Simple as.

I shall be in my usuall seat on the north.

£405 isn't bad and a reduction.

And a shirt for £25.

P.S Was in the puma shop in meadowhall yesterday evening, if the SWFC training gear is even remotely as good as the Ferrari stuff they have in their were onto a winner.

Plus SWFC have a ready made retail outlet i meadowhall as well.......

Hell my car tax is £210 alone this year and i pay about £80 a month council tax anyway.

To put things inperspective a season ticket is the same cost as five months council tax.

For which you get your bins emptied.

quick question. Does anyone know if the £10, £5 and £2.50 student prices will still be available next season if so it cheaper to buy game by game than too buy a student season ticket, which works out at £8 a game before the 30th of May cut off date.

As far as I know, its going to be shut down.

If so its got pro's and cons;

Pros-

Less cost to operate

People more compact in other areas of the ground

better atmosphere elsewhere.

Cons-

Good seats and views gone.

So an area that was almost full each match, with people paying a mix of south stand and family stand (kop) prices, is now being closed!!!!! Crazy.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Obviously some people are upset but are they the vocal minority? How about a poll finding out who's ticket has gone up, who's has gone down and who's will go up unless they move and how much it will reduce by if they move?

I shall be in my usuall seat on the north.

£405 isn't bad and a reduction.

And a shirt for £25.

P.S Was in the puma shop in meadowhall yesterday evening, if the SWFC training gear is even remotely as good as the Ferrari stuff they have in their were onto a winner.

Plus SWFC have a ready made retail outlet i meadowhall as well.......

Hell my car tax is £210 alone this year and i pay about £80 a month council tax anyway.

To put things inperspective a season ticket is the same cost as five months council tax.

For which you get your bins emptied.

fookin' ell Wednesday missed a trick there..is Olsen still at the club?

Guest Nutters

So an area that was almost full each match, with people paying a mix of south stand and family stand (kop) prices, is now being closed!!!!! Crazy.

Is it though? or is just the family area going. I;ve read nothing on the OS saying there closing the grandstand!

The *family enclosure and the removal of the U21 price bracket...

I can't understand why the *family enclosure has gone up so much. Maybe because they want everyone closer to the pitch to make the ground look fuller.

The kop is gonna be popular next season I guess.

*edit....should've said grandstand.

Because they are they best seats in the house.

Seems daft to be charging less for the best views and facilities really doesn't it ? When you stop and think about things.

quick question. Does anyone know if the £10, £5 and £2.50 student prices will still be available next season if so it cheaper to buy game by game than too buy a student season ticket, which works out at £8 a game before the 30th of May cut off date.

Doubt it very much.

Lee's comments put across the idea that those promotions were to be toned down and were done to get people back to wednesday then for them to gain interest to buy a season ticket.