The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

Guest jimmyowl77

What are peoples thoughts?

To be fair im happy my ST on the north has come down but i don't see us getting more people through the gates at those prices, i thought we needed to generate more money to improve things?

I'm happy with mine, its cheaper than last year plus the other sweetners of a dvd and cheaper shirt, will actually buy the shirt from the club shop for the 1st time in years and not go to a sports direct shop to get it cheaper.

Thanks for posting that, I've been trying to find that information out myself.

That's appaling, my money will stay firmly in the bank.

He's got all his prices wrong. They are prcies for 07/08. North was £445 for 08/09 as that's why I didn't renew. 396 to 445 was the 12 per cent rise for last season.

I will be buying a season ticket next season.

I have missed one of the past 7 seasons (I became a fan 7 seasons a go).

Shut the f**k up.

Oh, and someone mentioned the fact we have 17 days less to buy our season tickets to a certain deadline, I now recommend they look at the times the tickets went on sale.

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/5(16/06 last season)

kop - £326 last season £333 this season

North - £396 last season £405 this season

south - £457 last season £468 this season

(grandstand was £326 last season - £468 for same seat this season)

before 30/06

kop - £344 last £381 this

north - £419 last £463 this

south - £484 last £535 this

(Grandstand was £344 last season - £535 for same seat this season)

before 31/07 (04/08 last season)

kop - £383 last £392 this

North - £465 last £476 this

south - £538 last £551 this

(Grandstand was £383 last season - £551 for same seat this season)

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

Your prices are for 07/08 mate.

My North renewal (which I rejected) would have been £445 last season and I paid £396 in 2007.

I will be buying a season ticket next season.

I have missed one of the past 7 seasons (I became a fan 7 seasons a go).

Shut the f**k up.

Oh, and someone mentioned the fact we have 17 days less to buy our season tickets to a certain deadline, I now recommend they look at the times the tickets went on sale.

Will you buy one if they scrap the u18's prices?

Where will your money come from, you don't have a job?

£47 cheaper for a South Stand renewal, when I reckon we've 'lost' over £100 this season alone, never mind the general reductions.

Good luck Wednesday trying to attract fans back that have a history of abandoning the club.

Enough is enough.

After 30 years with a season ticket, no more kicks in the balls.

Time for the golf clubs.

This post alone should create hundreds of new season ticket holders who want have to sit near you

Good bye

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/5(16/06 last season)

kop - £326 last season £333 this season

North - £396 last season £405 this season

south - £457 last season £468 this season

(grandstand was £326 last season - £468 for same seat this season)

before 30/06

kop - £344 last £381 this

north - £419 last £463 this

south - £484 last £535 this

(Grandstand was £344 last season - £535 for same seat this season)

before 31/07 (04/08 last season)

kop - £383 last £392 this

North - £465 last £476 this

south - £538 last £551 this

(Grandstand was £383 last season - £551 for same seat this season)

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

Are you SURE those figures are correct ?

I don't think they are last seasons.

They are the season before in some cases

I think !

:biggrin:

Not impressed with £468 to renew on the south.

Seems like they want to price the normal working man out of that stand to create a "premium experiuence". Looks like if i want to renew i'll have to move to the kop. Not happy :angry:

Same here, if we want to sit in same seats next season in the Grandsrand we will have to fork out £198 more. A season ticket holder since 79/80 season, now I have to tell my son who will be 12 this year that we shall have to move to the North or Kop or pay more to sit in the same seats.

Well done SWFC

Its not THAT bad ffs

Calm down and have a look at these price REDUCTIONS.

U8's free is an excellent move.

Rewarding season ticket holders from the past 3 years is an excellent move.

U8s is an excellent move unless you dont have any U8s

Rewarding ST holders from the past 3 seasons is excellent but why such a short qualifying period ? how much would it have cost to allow the period to run to say the end of June instead of under a month after a very expensive season of Football ( CLUE the answer you're looking for is £0 ) This would have allowed fans who are feeling the pinch at the moment with wage cuts for some of us the extra time to get the necessary scratch together and may have encouraged waverers to renew with almost 2 months with no football.

The prices are OK............ish but no more than that and the Family Stand thing is a disgrace, had Allen brought forward that proposal im 100% certain there wouldn't have been anyone on this forum defending it because more blokes may come and buy more beer and watch telly whilst they are doing it.

Very Shoddy

£47 cheaper for a South Stand renewal, when I reckon we've 'lost' over £100 this season alone, never mind the general reductions.

Good luck Wednesday trying to attract fans back that have a history of abandoning the club.

Enough is enough.

After 30 years with a season ticket, no more kicks in the balls.

Time for the golf clubs.

Aren't you the thrower that moans about fans staying away because of legal action etc?

:biggrin:

Just worked out my figures and its interesting.......

Myself and 4 kids sit in the grandstand, this season it cost me - 858

Same seats next season - 1064 :ohmy:

north stand next season - 949 :blink:

Kop next season - 767.

Looks like i am been forced onto the kop.

So you are saving money, just that you are moving onto the 'kop'

Might make the kop fuller.

Which will give the ground a better atmosphere imho !