South - £468 / £520 (new)

Renewals are for all people who have held a ST within the last three years

U11 - From £67 on Kop

U8 - From £50 on Kop

U8 free with an adult ticket

Over 80's Free all around ground

Plus some benefits...

Edited by dave

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is delighted to introduce a wave of price reductions for 2009/10 season tickets at Hillsborough.

All existing season ticket holders, or supporters who have bought a season ticket in the previous two years (since 2006/07), renewing before the end of May will be able to claim a significant reduction on 2008/09 prices.

The Owls' oldest and youngest fans will also be able to claim a free season ticket for the first time in the club's history. Under-8s accompanied by an adult paying full price are entitled to a free season ticket in either the North Stand or the Kop and over-80s will also be able to claim a free season ticket in these areas.

Adult prices start at £333 on the Kop, meaning that a parent renewing with a child under the age of eight will be able to attend every Sheffield Wednesday home Championship match next season for less than £7.50 each per game.

North Stand and Kop Season ticket holders renewing for 2009/10 will save at least 20 per cent on current matchday prices over the season, while matchday tickets will be categorised for the new campaign.

Sheffield Wednesday is also delighted to offer student season tickets once again for next season with prices starting at £184 for NUS card holders.

The South Stand meanwhile is being developed to offer a premium experience at Hillsborough despite renewal prices being kept below 2008/09 levels.

Adults who purchase a season ticket for the 2009/10 season will also be entitled to buy a new home replica shirt for just £25 when they go on sale in the summer.

In addition to benefiting to the maximum available discount on renewal, current season ticket holders (2008/09 season) will also be able to claim a free copy of a new commemorative derby double DVD set to be launched soon.

Club chairman, Lee Strafford, said: "In creating our season ticket packages for the 2009/10 season our aim has been to provide a good variety of options from affordable right through to premium offerings.

"I am delighted we have been able to give free season tickets to our oldest and youngest supporters for the first time in the club's history.

"The addition of student season tickets is also important in ensuring our pricing structure is all-inclusive and by relocating the family offer to the North Stand and the Kop we have made it even more affordable to come to Hillsborough.

"I urge Wednesdayites to come together by committing to new season tickets and helping us achieve our collective goals."

Season tickets for 2009/10 will go on sale on Tuesday, April 14, and supporters are urged to renew online where possible. New applicants are encouraged to download an application form from the official website where possible and these can be submitted by post or in person at the Owls Megastore - please phone 0871 995 1867 (option 2) to receive an application form by post.

Sheffield Wednesday will provide regular updates on season ticket sales ahead of the 2009/10 campaign.

The club is currently working hard to upgrade ticketing systems in order to improve the customer experience and provide greater flexibility for fans. We intend to provide credit card style season tickets and therefore receipts will be given for purchases made in the initial periods of renewals ahead of season tickets being sent or collected prior to the new season.

Guest Moonpig

Why is it not free for under eights in the family stand? and you are not going to attract new season ticket holders with prices like that especially compared with United.

Current season ticket holders who renew for next season will also be entitled to a free copy of the soon to be launched commemorative derby double DVD which will be priced at £19.99

Get in ;-)

What happens if you've already bought the individual ones, do you get a refund?

Why would me and my wife (both season ticket holders) want a DVD each?

Why aren't the prices on par with our neighbours? (£280 on the kop I think).

Still too expensive in my eyes.

Following the announcement of season ticket prices for the 2009/10 season, we have prepared the following question and answers regarding next season's packages.

The club has launched a lot of free ticket offers in the second half of the 2008/09 season. Will this continue at the same level next year?

No, this was done to halt the slide in attendances late in 2008 and in order to get more people into Hillsborough prior to launching next season's offers. As part of our commitment to community engagement and capturing future generations of Wednesday fans we will do promotions but at a lower level than in the past few months.

You say Brian Laws is getting a bigger budget, why can't you tell us what this is being raised to?

This would undermine our negotiating position with players and other clubs, what we can say is that we believe that the uplift will support a realistic platform to target a place in the play-offs next year.

How many season tickets are you budgeting for next year?

It is difficult to put an exact figure on this because of the different price brackets that we have but, to secure our targeted revenue, we are budgeting for take-up of approximately 16,000 season tickets for the 2009/10 campaign.

Could the club not do more to reward the loyalty of existing season ticket holders?

We really appreciate the loyalty of our season ticket holders and renewing fans will get the biggest discount available on what we believe are reasonably priced offerings. Unfortunately further returning of value in the absence of major investment coming into the club would just undermine the ability to increase our budget for investment where it matters most - on the pitch. Current season ticket holders who renew for next season will also be entitled to a free copy of the soon to be launched commemorative derby double DVD which will be priced at £19.99.

What will happen if season ticket sales greatly exceed 16,000?

Any revenues captured above the budget level will be re-invested in the club with the main focus of this being on the pitch.

If I want to get an under-8 season ticket but I am entitled to a concessionary ticket myself can I still secure an under-8 ticket for free?

No. Free under-8 tickets are available on a one for one basis in conjunction with an adult paying full price for their season ticket. Under-8 season ticket prices start at £50 for any additional season tickets or when purchased in conjunction with a concessionary ticket.

What are the various cut-off points for concessionary tickets?

For concessionary tickets, children must be within the given age bracket (U8, U11 or U18) on August 1, 2009. Senior citizens must have had their 60th birthday over-80s should have had their 80th birthday before August 1, 2009. Students must provide a valid NUS card when applying for a season ticket.

Why has the 'family enclosure' been relocated from the South Stand to other parts of the ground?

The relocation of our family offering was partially driven by feedback from fans regarding access problems to the 'Grandstand' area for small children and elderly fans due to the extensive stairways. Moving the family offering to the North Stand and Kop has allowed us to provide better value for money for families whilst creating a premium environment in the South Stand. Children's tickets will still be available in the South Stand but they are cheaper in the other home areas of the ground. This also allows our young people to participate in the 'flag surfing' and feel the added atmosphere of these areas of the ground, while being in a safe environment.

What are the added benefits if I buy a season ticket in the South Stand with the development of the 'premium environment'?

Next season we are looking to improve catering offerings with a greater variety of products on the South Stand as well as installing new televisions carrying Sky TV on the concourses pre and post match, this along with greater opening times will create a virtual 'SWFC pub environment' within the South Stand.

Will I need photo ID for my season ticket as I did in previous seasons?

Photo ID on season tickets no longer required but proof of ID and age is needed to apply for a season ticket if you are applying for a concessionary ticket. You may also be asked to prove this at the turnstile should there be any doubt on age.

One talking point in recent seasons has been that people have been smoking in certain parts of the ground, has anything been done about this?

Despite certain regulations regarding smoking it is almost impossible to prevent people smoking within such a big stadium. We have therefore designated the open air areas behind the Kop and North Stand as smoking areas.

The South Stand will remain completely 'smoke free' as there are no open areas to designate as smoking areas. This gives all home supporters a choice; if they want to smoke they can sit on the Kop or North Stand. The areas in which spectators can smoke are located behind the stands in the open air and conform with guidelines for designated smoking areas resulting in zero or minimal interference for non-smokers at Hillsborough.

Will I be given a season ticket booklet when I purchase my season ticket?

We are currently reviewing our ticketing systems as well as the feasibility and cost of investing in print for home tickets and barcode recognition at the turnstile. This should improve the overall customer experience from purchase through to the game. If we find the right solution and partner soon, then we will be looking to issue 'credit card' type tickets in replacement of the booklet. We will therefore be issuing a receipt for renewal and as soon as the decision is made, facilitating the issue of the new or old type season tickets to you the supporters. Details of progress on this will be made via the new section of the website.

Is it still possible to buy cup season tickets and away season tickets for Sheffield Wednesday games?

Yes, cup season ticket application forms are available on request at the Owls Megastore and current away season ticket holders will be mailed details on renewals once the fixture list has been confirmed.

So its £470 to sit in the South stand? Not that much difference from last year.

Im disappointed with this, real disappointed. I expected it to be around £400. Im not sure what to do. I dont really want a DVD to be fair. Just take £20 off my season ticket price.

Its great for all the potential supporters coming in with young kids but once again the loyal south stand massive have been alientated.

What happens if you've already bought the individual ones, do you get a refund?

Why would me and my wife (both season ticket holders) want a DVD each?

Why aren't the prices on par with our neighbours? (£280 on the kop I think).

Still too expensive in my eyes.

We could always make them very, very cheap. We would then have no money for quality new signings and take the chance of going out of business. Is that what you want?

I think most Wednesday fans will welcome a sensible policy which will give us momentum and allow us to strengthen the playing staff.

Not impressed Wednesday!

Last year (2 adults + 12 yr old) in grandstand / family enclosure = £865

Bearing in mind we didn't receive any discounts etc.. we expected a good deal this year!

This year's deal...

2 adults + 13 yr old..in same seats = £1145 !!!!!!! a 24% increase OUTSTANDING!!

Where's our good deal LEE?

Forget the shirt deal and the DVD I'm not interested, still would not add up to the increase of £280

Not too sure if we will be going next year.

Edited by Tubes