The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

So you are saving money, just that you are moving onto the 'kop'

Might make the kop fuller.

Which will give the ground a better atmosphere imho !

But people don't want to move just to make the ground look fuller, they chose their seats for a reason.

Radio Sheffield should be interesting after the match today.. Can't wait.. might even phone in to voice my opinion.

At least wee pipe Turpin wore a mask (looks for LS)

Edited by Tubes

But people don't want to move just to make the ground look fuller, they chose their seats for a reason.

It wont look fuller to me mate cos im not going on kop, im not taking 4 under 14s onto kop in poo seats where they can see f@ck all, will pick and choose my games and wait for the offers to appear

The student tickets don't really seem to have been thought through. As far as I can recall, the autumn term doesn't actually start until October, and so freshers don't actually get their NUS cards until September. So there's no way they can take advantage of the early deals. This means they have to pay more than returning students purchasing tickets early, even though they'll be able to use their season ticket for fewer matches.

Its not THAT bad ffs

Calm down and have a look at these price REDUCTIONS.

U8's free is an excellent move.

Rewarding season ticket holders from the past 3 years is an excellent move.

Why is rewarding those from the past three years an excellent move?

It's alright for those who didn't renew when the prices went up last year.

But for those of us that did, and have already suffered the devaluation of their ticket from all the price reductions this season, we get absolutely no recognition for stumping up for this year at inflated prices.

Since LS came on board there have seen lots of promises to this years season ticket holders that we would see a good reduction for next year. The reality is we are being treated to the same discounts as somoene who didn't purcahse a season ticket this season or back to the 2006/2007 season.

All we've had are free tickets to give to other people, a free DVD of the derby matches that I couldn't care less about (I'd rather have another £20 of my season ticket) and the ability to buy a shirt for £25 quid, which we could have got for £30 anyway using the existing 25% promotion till September.

I feel like I've been taken for a ride again and am seriously considering not bothering renewing, picking and choosing my matches and waiting for next season's wave of discounts when the stadium is half empty again!

It wont look fuller to me mate cos im not going on kop, im not taking 4 under 14s onto kop in poo seats where they can see f@ck all, will pick and choose my games and wait for the offers to appear

And that is what 1000's more will do.

Look at your situation. Look at other stands offering different 'packages' and prices then think about it.

Like you've already said you don't have a season ticket, this doesn't affect you, put yourself in bonkingbadger's position, it would cost him almost £200 more to keep his seats. He is getting forced onto the kop in order to save money, assuming he's taking young kids the kop isn't the place to be, the chavs near me spout racist poo poo (along with lots of swearing) the whole game bang next to 'asian' stewards who are either afraid to say something or choose to ignore it. Also the kop has FOUR massive poles that block the view from certain seats, the South doesn't have any.

I wouldn't take my 3 year old on the kop even though she wants to come to a match.

If the kop was improved, i.e. poles removed, better facilities and stewards who had the balls to kick out the chavs then maybe I would.

We need news of new signings to make people optimistic fast!!! - I can't see any other way that the crowds will increase otherwise. These prices simply won't do it - you only need to read these message boards this morning to see that.

I wonder if the club anticipated this reaction? - judging by the Q&A on the OS I'm guessing they did, so I can't imagine there being a rethink as some have suggested.

What a stupid comment .

Does that mean when LS shafts people ala the Family Stand we can't voice our anger cos its not Dave Allen

Grow up ffs.

Grow up, try getting fu*ked mate. He gets moaned at for not bringing in the investment, he gets moaned at for a family holiday to Malta, he gets moaned at for reducing season ticket prices

Get a fu8king grip

Look at your situation. Look at other stands offering different 'packages' and prices then think about it.

Don`t you think I have muppet , the only way I will save money is if I move to the kop (which I don`t want to take my daughter on the kop I don`t want to sit on the kop ) if I sit where I have sat for over 20yrs the sth stand it will cost me 571 with an 8yrd old or 468 on my own which is more than I paid last season , or 494 in the nth . So much for trying to bring kids back to S6 .

Aren't you the thrower that moans about fans staying away because of legal action etc?

:biggrin:

Not the fans who were subjected to the legal action, far from it. But those who used it as an excuse not to go. If money was an issue then fair enough, different story.

I'll not stop supporting the club, far from it. But 5 years ago we had 12 season ticket holders in a row. We now have 3. Next season it will be 0. We will pick and choose, and wait for the freebies like everyone else.

Why is rewarding those from the past three years an excellent move?

It's alright for those who didn't renew when the prices went up last year.

But for those of us that did, and have already suffered the devaluation of their ticket from all the price reductions this season, we get absolutely no recognition for stumping up for this year at inflated prices.

Since LS came on board there have seen lots of promises to this years season ticket holders that we would see a good reduction for next year. The reality is we are being treated to the same discounts as somoene who didn't purcahse a season ticket this season or back to the 2006/2007 season.

All we've had are free tickets to give to other people, a free DVD of the derby matches that I couldn't care less about (I'd rather have another £20 of my season ticket) and the ability to buy a shirt for £25 quid, which we could have got for £30 anyway using the existing 25% promotion till September.

I feel like I've been taken for a ride again and am seriously considering not bothering renewing, picking and choosing my matches and waiting for next season's wave of discounts when the stadium is half empty again!

In the past few years we've shedded fans left right and centre.

This will get those on the brink of coming back wanting to come back - its made me want to.

Oh, and don't complain about all this devaluation of your season ticket this season, you bought a product at a price. We all knew it wasn't going to be value for money.

Picking and choosing isn't good IMHO. Ive done it all season, no priority to away games Id love to go to and it costs a lot more picking and choosing. Booking fee's, difference in prices etc.

Just worked out my figures and its interesting.......

Myself and 4 kids sit in the grandstand, this season it cost me - 858

Same seats next season - 1064 :ohmy:

north stand next season - 949 :blink:

Kop next season - 767.

Looks like i am been forced onto the kop.

In the cold with the swearing on the terraces and the smokers in the concourse.

Great for the kids. :angry: