The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

Was considering getting season tickets next season on Kop. Don't have one this season so would be looking at the 2nd price bracket so £370 for me and £195 for the missus (student) making it £280 each. That works out well.

However, I can see why some people aren't happy. I don't see why you should have to move your seat to be able to benefit from the better prices.

I must admit I was expecting lower prices after all the stuff LS has said about getting the fans back in Hillsborough and back as one.

Guest zenowl

Because they are they best seats in the house.

Seems daft to be charging less for the best views and facilities really doesn't it ? When you stop and think about things.

Yes- on reflection you are quite right.

They were just underpriced before putting fans further away from the pitch and reducing the atmosphere.

Is it though? or is just the family area going. I;ve read nothing on the OS saying there closing the grandstand!

Well, exactly. Which is why I was asking. Only cardiffowl seems to say it is closing! :rolleyes:

Guest zenowl

Well, exactly. Which is why I was asking. Only cardiffowl seems to say it is closing! :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

It won't close. it'll just have far fewer people in it.

Yes- on reflection you are quite right.

They were just underpriced before putting fans further away from the pitch and reducing the atmosphere.

The idea is obviously to create 'premium' product in the south making use of the best facilities in the ground.

The kop being the cheapest, as it has the worst facilities.

SO if you want value for money, you go to the cheap seats, rather than the most expensive.

You pays your money, take your chance.

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/5(16/06 last season)

kop - £326 last season £333 this season

North - £396 last season £405 this season

south - £457 last season £468 this season

(grandstand was £326 last season - £468 for same seat this season)

before 30/06

kop - £344 last £381 this

north - £419 last £463 this

south - £484 last £535 this

(Grandstand was £344 last season - £535 for same seat this season)

before 31/07 (04/08 last season)

kop - £383 last £392 this

North - £465 last £476 this

south - £538 last £551 this

(Grandstand was £383 last season - £551 for same seat this season)

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

£47 cheaper for a South Stand renewal, when I reckon we've 'lost' over £100 this season alone, never mind the general reductions.

Good luck Wednesday trying to attract fans back that have a history of abandoning the club.

Enough is enough.

After 30 years with a season ticket, no more kicks in the balls.

Time for the golf clubs.

£47 cheaper for a South Stand renewal, when I reckon we've 'lost' over £100 this season alone, never mind the general reductions.

Good luck Wednesday trying to attract fans back that have a history of abandoning the club.

Enough is enough.

After 30 years with a season ticket, no more kicks in the balls.

Time for the golf clubs.

If thats not a wind up thats pathetic.

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

Thanks for posting that Jim - I've had a bit of flak for my earlier post, so to show there are all sides and views (personally) on the Wednesdayite board is important.

Wednesdayite are looking for supporters' views before making any official statements - please email us at enquiries@wednesdayite.com or contact us on the telephone number on our website.

For me my wife and 11 yr old daughter last year in the family enclosure it would have been under £900.00

This year in the north the cost is £1100.00.

My question is why are the catagories under 8, under 11, and under 18, I think in my opinion the fairer and better pricing system would have been

under 16's as these are still dependant on there parents and then above 16 paying adult prices as they are elegible to be working?.

Although i havnt had a ST for a few years this does not give me an insentive to go running down to hillsborough to get one.

Give free ST to all under 16 when an adult ticket is bought

Edited by w.owl