The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

Not the fans who were subjected to the legal action, far from it. But those who used it as an excuse not to go. If money was an issue then fair enough, different story.

I'll not stop supporting the club, far from it. But 5 years ago we had 12 season ticket holders in a row. We now have 3. Next season it will be 0. We will pick and choose, and wait for the freebies like everyone else.

I think you have made yourself look silly to be quite honest.

My own personal opinion of course.

Not the fans who were subjected to the legal action, far from it. But those who used it as an excuse not to go. If money was an issue then fair enough, different story.

I'll not stop supporting the club, far from it. But 5 years ago we had 12 season ticket holders in a row. We now have 3. Next season it will be 0. We will pick and choose, and wait for the freebies like everyone else.

We had 8, this season it's 3, next season it might be 0.

I am generally a bit dissapointed.

I sit on the kop with my mates, we are all in our mid to late 20s and have no kids with us. Or people over 80. The prices for us next year have basically not moved (there are £20 or £30 cheaper but across the year this is about a quid a game?) All the build up to this I was expected a £100 discount to try and attract 4000 - 5000 more people to the ground every week. This will not do that and given the state of the economy there may not be that much of a jump.

Three things non price related have actually pissed me off:

1) Moving kids onto the kop, the family stand is suppossed to be a non-threatening, swearing free area. Are we now going to get kicked off the kop if we swear or turn up after a few beers?!?

2) Smoking is now allowed in the open area behind the kop. Filthy habit.

3) No beer on the kop? The proposed 'high quality' experience (i.e. long opening times, beer plus sky tv) should be on every stand. The facilities on the kop are woefully inadequate and moving a load of families on to it will mkae the queues even bigger!!!

Like you've already said you don't have a season ticket, this doesn't affect you, put yourself in bonkingbadger's position, it would cost him almost £200 more to keep his seats. He is getting forced onto the kop in order to save money, assuming he's taking young kids the kop isn't the place to be, the chavs near me spout racist poo poo (along with lots of swearing) the whole game bang next to 'asian' stewards who are either afraid to say something or choose to ignore it. Also the kop has FOUR massive poles that block the view from certain seats, the South doesn't have any.

I wouldn't take my 3 year old on the kop even though she wants to come to a match.

If the kop was improved, i.e. poles removed, better facilities and stewards who had the balls to kick out the chavs then maybe I would.

Quite correct my friend, the kop is no place for me to take a 8 yr old, 10yr old, 12 yr old, and a 14 yr old......ffs they cant even have a beer at half time :rolleyes:

What ever the club did would be controversial. I've seen a reduction in my ticket price but honestly I think the club have missed a PR trick with some of these deals. Three things come to mind:-

1. They should have made all under 11's season tickets anywhere with any adult ticket free. The revenue loss for 8-11 year olds at between £50 and £75 is minimal compared to the number of adults who would renew/buy with them. It's a big, big mistake.

2. He should have made under 18 deals more attractive. Again a bloke with 2 kids aged 12 and 15 will think twice.

3. People hate change. It's human nature. Football fans hate change even more then the average person. I understand the "premium" concept on the South Stand but not sure the timing is wise. It's upsetting alot of fans when the club need the support more than ever.

Ultimately the club needs a certain income stream but think they've missed some oppourtunities. I suppose you cant please all the people all the time!

I am generally a bit dissapointed.

I sit on the kop with my mates, we are all in our mid to late 20s and have no kids with us. Or people over 80. The prices for us next year have basically not moved (there are £20 or £30 cheaper but across the year this is about a quid a game?) All the build up to this I was expected a £100 discount to try and attract 4000 - 5000 more people to the ground every week. This will not do that and given the state of the economy there may not be that much of a jump.

Three things non price related have actually pissed me off:

1) Moving kids onto the kop, the family stand is suppossed to be a non-threatening, swearing free area. Are we now going to get kicked off the kop if we swear or turn up after a few beers?!?

2) Smoking is now allowed in the open area behind the kop. Filthy habit.

3) No beer on the kop? The proposed 'high quality' experience (i.e. long opening times, beer plus sky tv) should be on every stand. The facilities on the kop are woefully inadequate and moving a load of families on to it will mkae the queues even bigger!!!

According to LS at the recent Wednesdayite meeting all stands would have the same facilities, lets wait and see.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

But people don't want to move just to make the ground look fuller, they chose their seats for a reason.

I think the point is that the club got its pricing wrong in the past re the south stand and is now correcting it. They obviously think that grandstand should not be the family stand and should be used to boost matchday revenue by offering a premium offering.

Grow up, try getting fu*ked mate. He gets moaned at for not bringing in the investment, he gets moaned at for a family holiday to Malta, he gets moaned at for reducing season ticket prices

Get a fu8king grip

Hegets moaned at when the rhetoric doesn't match with reality like moving people from seats they've had for years unless they want to pay an increase far greater than any that Allen imposed.

Make , Rod , For , Own Back is a phrase that springs to my mind.

Allen and Walker would have got rightly slaughtered over the March 31st thing and there would have been protests under the South Stand about the Family Stand stuff and you know it but the messiah, oh no .

I saw someone put something similar earlier in the thread but as a season ticket holder who pays full price with no young children or old relatives you could bring along it just isn't very attractive.

I currently sit on the North Stand and £400+ still seems to be something I'd have expected under the old regime. I do think perhaps reading this board and peoples posts over the last few months have led us all to think that we'd have season tickets for circa £200 on say the Kop. Personally I would have been happy with the North Stand being around £300-350 (at just under £350 it would be £15 a game which to me, for paying stupid prices this season and current economic climate would have been about fair.) It is a time when it is very easy to just put money away rather than paying out for things in a big hit like a ST.

I appreciate how important the revenue is that we receive from season tickets and how far it goes to shaping our budget but after all the hype, some of which has come from the club talking about 'innovative pricing,' this falls short of the mark.

I think the point is that the club got its pricing wrong in the past re the south stand and is now correcting it. They obviously think that grandstand should not be the family stand and should be used to boost matchday revenue by offering a premium offering.

Perhaps they should have pre-warned them or at least said this season will be the last at these prices then make the change for 2010/2011.

According to LS at the recent Wednesdayite meeting all stands would have the same facilities, lets wait and see.

Going on the stuff on the website the South stand will be better (and as a result will cost more).

It makes sense to have a 'better' stand as it gives choice to the fans, but at a football gorund in 2009 you should be able to see a telly and drink a beer behind the stand. It is not exactly cutting edge technology...

I think you have made yourself look silly to be quite honest.

My own personal opinion of course.

Fair enough, your opinion.

The actual cost of my season ticket, within reason, is irrelevant. The current Mrs Vulva still thinks it costs £150, so i've not got an issue with paying £4/5/6/700. No problem.

I just want this ground full of fans, and these prices won't do it. LS had a massive opportunity to slash prices, and get people buying season tickets, and he's missed a trick.

I hope i'm wrong, and we well 20,000, but it wouldn't surprise me if the season ticket income was less than last year. And that, on top of £0 shirt sponsorship, and the lack of investment, surely puts us in a weak position?

LS is a breath of fresh air, but he's got this one wrong, imo.

Why should anyone be forced to relocate seats, seats that they've most probably sat in for many years?

Football should be affordable for all, in all parts of a stadium.

If you go to a concert, theatre show, in fact most events you pay more for the best views/seats, why do people think Hillsborough should be any different?

Edited by Key

In the past few years we've shedded fans left right and centre.

This will get those on the brink of coming back wanting to come back - its made me want to.

Oh, and don't complain about all this devaluation of your season ticket this season, you bought a product at a price. We all knew it wasn't going to be value for money.

Picking and choosing isn't good IMHO. Ive done it all season, no priority to away games Id love to go to and it costs a lot more picking and choosing. Booking fee's, difference in prices etc.

walk down then there are no booking fees

Hegets moaned at when the rhetoric doesn't match with reality like moving people from seats they've had for years unless they want to pay an increase far greater than any that Allen imposed.

Make , Rod , For , Own Back is a phrase that springs to my mind.

Allen and Walker would have got rightly slaughtered over the March 31st thing and there would have been protests under the South Stand about the Family Stand stuff and you know it but the messiah, oh no .

Not going to argue about boardroom matters, just pointing out that when someone constantly gets negative comments they often evaluate if it's bloody worth it. Especially when your missus isn't keen or it and your not getting paid for it.

Not sure what are next option would be are you?

Fair enough, your opinion.

The actual cost of my season ticket, within reason, is irrelevant. The current Mrs Vulva still thinks it costs £150, so i've not got an issue with paying £4/5/6/700. No problem.

I just want this ground full of fans, and these prices won't do it. LS had a massive opportunity to slash prices, and get people buying season tickets, and he's missed a trick.

I hope i'm wrong, and we well 20,000, but it wouldn't surprise me if the season ticket income was less than last year. And that, on top of £0 shirt sponsorship, and the lack of investment, surely puts us in a weak position?

LS is a breath of fresh air, but he's got this one wrong, imo.

And you're entitled to that opinion. For what it's worth I think you're right.

But you can't slate fans on here and play the TrueFan card when they have their reasons for not going, then spit the dummy just because it's too dear for you to go.

In the past few years we've shedded fans left right and centre.

This will get those on the brink of coming back wanting to come back - its made me want to.

Oh, and don't complain about all this devaluation of your season ticket this season, you bought a product at a price. We all knew it wasn't going to be value for money.

Picking and choosing isn't good IMHO. Ive done it all season, no priority to away games Id love to go to and it costs a lot more picking and choosing. Booking fee's, difference in prices etc.

[/quote

Supporting a football club is a lot different to 'buying' a product from a shop.

I didn't buy it last year because I thought it would be value for money I bought it because I wanted to continue to support SWFC. I've done it for 30 years plus now and there comes a time when enough is enough and I'm fast approaching that. This mornings prices are more dissapointment and I don't know if I can be bothered to continue to go to matches.

People shouldn't make promises or statements that they cannot keep and then expect everone to be happy about it.

I'll save £30 this year on last. Great.

You won't be so dismissive about having your season ticket devalued if you had bought one last year and now feel cheated.

And you're entitled to that opinion. For what it's worth I think you're right.

But you can't slate fans on here and play the TrueFan card when they have their reasons for not going, then spit the dummy just because it's too dear for you to go.

I've not spat the dummy out because of the cost. Without wishing to appear clever, money isn't an issue.

The dummy has come out because imo season ticket holders have been treat with contempt, and prices in general are not low enough to attract thousands of more season ticket holders. That is all.