All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Try the Official Match Day Thread Posters are usually pretty quick at putting score updates in there…. Especially if you enjoy reading them 20/30 times per goal
  3. If the valuation is out for 100%, it would still be out for 50%
  4. And everything else for a while when you're living it up in the big house
  5. I'm sad to say that I agree, but my posts are based on the premise that the OP is correct, which let's face it is tenous at best! If tajeover talks are at an advanced stage and there is a large discrepancy in the parties' valuations of the club, then co-ownership, however unlikely that may be, would be an option.
  6. I know it's going to be a squeeze through them turnstiles but sod it I'll give it a go.
  7. Yeah that's the problem in the ground. If I have signal it's only a matter of seconds with that app. I always forget to mute it when I'm watching the football on TV though, ruins it when you know the goals coming
  8. That's still preferable to the kid in front of you shitțing himself.
  9. What if you travel to the ground in a car with a personalised number plate, with I love Trevor Francis stickers on the rear window - but are wearing a Burberry Hawaiian Shirt and carrying a bazillion balloons? What then?
  10. There is no official line and one or two kids on here saying they’ll maybe take one is just that. Can’t see there being many if any at all. It may be the last home game but there’s nothing to celebrate, could get pumped tomorrow and be back in the sheite.. Serious game with big consequences, need a Peterborough atmosphere if that could possibly be copied. Not sure it could but an attempt is needed. If we win, you kids could blow them up on the way out and play with them on Penistone Rd.
  11. Oh yeah everyone is going to be desperate to remember this season.
  12. Until he does get signed by another club we are dealing in opinions only. So although your opinion is valued as much as everybody else's and mentioning that you once worked in the football "industry", obviously bumps your opinion up to a lofty level (of a janitor maybe ), I really don't think, despite my lifelong investment in the football industry of 50 odd years (), that players only go from one club to another based on how much they love one club over another! That mate is being truly deluded. I merely said that we should do all we can right now to sign him. Which makes sense as he is on our back door step and a passionate approach from our manager might swing it for us, especially if he wants to stay in the general area. I have as much confidence of us actually signing Rotherham's goalie as I had of us signing Le Fondre under our former owner. Of course (with your football industry contacts) you will know that he was a player that we could have signed for a small amount more than we actually offered to Rotherham, but Mandaric did not back Megson and insulted Rotherham with a lower offer, they lost patience and dold him to another suitor who had been alerted by all the media attention stirred up by our messing about. Served us right. Megson managed to convince several players who had very little knowledge of Sheffield Wednesday, to join us and would happily travel to their homes, wherever they may be, to convince them they were wanted by the club and would have a future with us. (Of couse you will know that GM signed Chis O'Grady instead who managed to get under Mandaric's skin and his inclusions in Megson's teams upset Mandaric so much that they argued constantly and loudly at Hillsborough, which eventually led to Megson being sacked, even though O'Grady scored the goal against united that itself led to our promotion). Then of course there are those players like Steven Fletcher, Forestieri etc who will just play for the highest bidder, for the highest wages that is, or largest signing on fee (not the highest transfer fee). I have no childish illusions of why players play for us, although many of them have grown to live our fan base, the way our team has played and the achievements they have shared while with us.
  13. Just flop it out not only will you scare the children you’ll get to retire from the stresses of following Wednesday!
  14. to be fair I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us. But he's been ******** terrible.
  15. I get completely what your saying, I just hope a deal is being thrashed out what doesn't matter what division we are in next year.
  16. There IS ONLY ONE OUTCOME which would be in our favour..... HUDDERSFIELD TO WIN = 47 points Brum lose = 46 points Owls win = 50 points One game left: Ipswich v Huddersfield Brum v Norwich Sunderland v OWLS ONLY Huddersfield could catch us.... IF they win at Ipswich???? + IF we lose at Sunderland? A far better option for the Owls. Simples!
  17. Bet365 is instant but like any website, you need a signal.
  18. I've never thought Roehl was a DC appointment. It is so out of character I just can't see it. Maybe not Roehl himself, a young assistant manager at big clubs wanting to break into management might be daft enough to take the job, it's more the money splashed out on Roehls management team. I can't see that quality of appointments by DC. That leaves the question of who was behind the appointment. There's been mention of a German syndicate wanting to buy us. Maybe they encouraged Roehl to apply, it still doesn't explain the backroom staff unless they are part funing their wages. Other than that we know Roehl was well in with Red Bull, possibly they are involved although I think the German syndicate is more plausible. At the end of the day this club has one major asset, the fans. Anyone taking us over must be inpressed by the support a club, stuck in the relegation zone all season, has had despite outrageously high prices. Just think what the support would be if the team was succesful. All the fans need is a reason to believe and the removal of the dead weight that is crushing the life out of the club.
  19. Huge inflatable knóbs with "chansiri is a" on em
  1. Load more activity