What Danny Röhl first told Pol Valentin when he joined Sheffield Wednesday in 2023

31 minutes ago, Almat said:

An example of Danny's man management. Certainly worked with Pol, IMO he's our most improved player this season.

"Despite a difficult start to life under both Munoz and Röhl, Valentin has now shared the praise his current coach gave him following his appointment.

Speaking to The Star journalist Joe Crann, Valentin said: “”I did not play a lot under Xisco as well. I didn’t show what I can do on the pitch because maybe I was not fit because I came from a big injury, and a lot of things in my mind – new language, new country, new style.

“But, I remember the first day when Danny came, he told me I love your game, I love your style, I love your pace. He believed in my abilities. I always had the confidence in that I knew I would have another opportunity, you will show what you can do.”

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/what-danny-Röhl-first-told-pol-valentin-when-he-joined-sheffield-wednesday-in-2023/

Best improved player this season and a goal will send him on his way next season to become the first name on the teamsheet

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I think he’ll get a good tune out of Delgado as well.

I’ve thought this. I don’t think he was as bad as a lot made out and the team was just a mess back then. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I’ve thought this. I don’t think he was as bad as a lot made out and the team was just a mess back then. 

Yep, I liked Delgado when he was playing on the right. A bit of fire in his belly as well. Let’s face it you’re no numpty if you play for Chile.

• Like 8

Would love him to score today in front of the Kop, full stadium and all that. His attitude is one of the best at the club. 

He knew his weaknesses and got his head down to rectify it. You can tell he is here to play football and not for the pay cheque.

I also agree with the view about Delgado, I thought he was decent in a bad team, bad formation, bad style and out of poistion. I can't wait to see him down the right with Pol.V