Harlee Dean, Brentford captain

Guest BULGARIA

25 minutes ago, g-owls said:

He was absolutely outstanding against us in the game at Hillsborough last season.

He's a bit hot headed at times though, I can remember him being sent off the year before at their place and he's had a couple more since if I remember rightly.

A big, strong no nonsense centre back is a definite must as for as I'm concerned. 

He's been sent off twice in the last 6 years and has never been sent off against us... so dunno where you're getting that from!

He'd be a great addition but I can't see it happening. I just can't see us putting our hands in our pockets to pay the sort of money required for this sort of player.

Hope I'm wrong because we need some excitement to boost spirits before the start of the season!

10 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

He'd be a great addition but I can't see it happening. I just can't see us putting our hands in our pockets to pay the sort of money required for this sort of player.

Hope I'm wrong because we need some excitement to boost spirits before the start of the season!

And more importantly, we really need to upgrade our central defender pool if we are to have any chance of pushing for a top 2 positions!

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He's been sent off twice in the last 6 years and has never been sent off against us... so dunno where you're getting that from!

Mixing him up with Tarkowski.

One thing is certain though, he was good against us. 

22 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Not as if we not broke transfer record twice in last 12 months

I'm not reading this thread in detail.

Is it one of those ones where everyone becomes desperate to sign a particular player (whether they'd heard of him or not before the thread appeared) but we're not really in for the player in reality?

2 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

I'm not reading this thread in detail.

Is it one of those ones where everyone becomes desperate to sign a particular player (whether they'd heard of him or not before the thread appeared) but we're not really in for the player in reality?

In terms of evidence for our interest, there's somewhere between absolutely bugger all and mere conjecture. It's come from a few places over the last few days, so it may be safe to say we've at least pointed our nose in his direction... but whether we've actually had a sniff is definitely completely heresay. 

As for wanting to sign him, yes the general consensus is he'd be great. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

In terms of evidence for our interest, there's somewhere between absolutely bugger all and mere conjecture. It's come from a few places over the last few days, so it may be safe to say we've at least pointed our nose in his direction... but whether we've actually had a sniff is definitely completely heresay. 

Thanks. 

I might read it properly from this point on.

lol

Still sceptical though.

16 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Not as if we not broke transfer record twice in last 12 months

Yeah but that's what makes me think that we can't keep investing without selling. I guess the trouble is that there's no real visibility of the clubs position vs the FFP boundaries. 

33 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So, it's down to the strength of the sniff, if the nose was even pointed then? Let's just say it was, for the sake of discussion, then the issue is the strength / depth of sniff. Is it a waking up at the coast, in a caravan & walking outside full on, double lung full kind of sniff? Or is it a have I just sharted in a public place kind of over your own shoulder tentative sniffle? These things matter.

:columbo:

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Really, 7m for Reach and 10 m for Rhodes, so what makes you think we can't or won't compete for players like this?