My Take on Today

We have lost away from home to a strong Leeds side. Wood is prolific and their defence is sound.

In the first half I could not believe just how poor we were on the left. Fox and Reach were poor.  Really poor. Not sure how they get paid to play football.

we don't seem to have a 1st XI. 

With the the strike force we have available we managed 1 shot on target. That is not good enough.

The penalty miss really fuelled the Leeds crowd, almost as though they had scored.

We seemed to be aimless and had no real plan.

The better team won. They played as a team. I don't think we do and feel something is not right.

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

We have lost away from home to a strong Leeds side. Wood is prolific and their defence is sound.

In the first half I could not believe just how poor we were on the left. Fox and Reach were poor.  Really poor. Not sure how they get paid to play football.

we don't seem to have a 1st XI. 

With the the strike force we have available we managed 1 shot on target. That is not good enough.

The penalty miss really fuelled the Leeds crowd, almost as though they had scored.

We seemed to be aimless and had no real plan.

The better team won. They played as a team. I don't think we do and feel something is not right.

How many shots did Leeds have on target ?

Opinions differ,and i'm going to beg to differ,leeds won yes,the better side ?,not for me,two average side on show in todays game,westwood had naff all to do in the second half,penalty misses and or chances missed (of the few there were) seems to cloud fans assessments after a game.playoffs for both is my expectation.

Agree about Reach and Fox but I still think over 90 minutes we were the better team. 

They got a lucky goal with just about only attempt they had, then spent rest of game time wasting and trying to bully us off park. 

Did anyone else notice that ball boys never got up to get ball when it went out of play after they had taken lead? 

I'd be happy to face them in play offs. 

Should have been a draw at least. If we play quickly, attack at the right times and press we can beat anybody. We have let ourselves down by playing slowly and being in two minds whether to play forwards or backwards in several games. We let Brighton off the hook even after missing the penalty but we did jobs on Huddersfield and Newcastle. Against Ipswich we passed back to the halfway line then back to Westwood on several occasions from their 18 yard line. We adopt the same approach in every game. We set up as if we are away to a top side. This means that when we are at home the opposition are handed the initiative and grow in confidence. Only when we have to do we attack.with the required urgency.

Sort this out and we make the play offs comfortably and have every chance of being promoted.

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Agree about Reach and Fox but I still think over 90 minutes we were the better team. 

They got a lucky goal with just about only attempt they had, then spent rest of game time wasting and trying to bully us off park. 

Did anyone else notice that ball boys never got up to get ball when it went out of play after they had taken lead? 

I'd be happy to face them in play offs. 

So would I, but what if we play like we did today and have done several times this season. 50/50 who would win. The only positive I can see, is that when we play poorly we are still always in with a chance, no one turns us over....usually!

13 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Leeds looked very average and there for the taking if you ask me.

Yes, this is the big frustration.  Leeds were more than beatable today, but we didn't - despite our highly paid and talented squad - take the game to them. To make matters worse,  CC's post-match remarks made it seem as if we had played well! In truth, today we lacked any fluidity going from defense to attack, and in the final third there was an absence of telling passes and cutting-edge. 

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

So would I, but what if we play like we did today and have done several times this season. 50/50 who would win. The only positive I can see, is that when we play poorly we are still always in with a chance, no one turns us over....usually!

Thought they looked liked an average championship team of lumpnuts.

Same as every other champ team..just a bit more organised and wood on form.

Ball didn't drop for us again and failed to click in the final quarter. They defended for most of the second half..just a bit more luck and it would have happened.

Frustrating but not panicking yet.

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thought they looked liked an average championship team of lumpnuts.

Same as every other champ team..just a bit more organised and wood on form.

Ball didn't drop for us again and failed to click in the final quarter. They defended for most of the second half..just a bit more luck and it would have happened.

Frustrating but not panicking yet.

Do you go to games seriously?

49 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Carlos had a dream

To build a football team

We've too many players so we have to send some on loan

We build from the back

And then pass it back

We're Sheffield Wednesday

We used to attack

Didn't we have almost 30 attempts on goal v Brentford? 

Back passes must have been that bad they ended up down other end of pitch.