Best Home Fans

MAL

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

Best home fans, you must be joking. I'm a fan of SWFC and I detest going to Hillsborough - not for the football, that bits fine. Its such a woeful atmosphere. 

It is poor in general. All seater stadiums, a poxy band etc. but compared to the soulless new stadiums up and down the country, Hillsborough is actually one of the noisier ones imo. Especially with the away fans hearing the north stand quite well.

2 minutes ago, jimmy shoe said:

Why do we slaughter our own support so much ? He's obviously gone to loads of games as a neutral and we are clearly not as bad as some make out . That and the fact that atmospheres are clearly suffering everywhere !

Our away support is second to none. Always has been. The 'support' at Hillsborough is garbage unless its a big game. In which case, yes it can rock. The rest of the time its quite embarrassing.

11 minutes ago, ramone said:

Our away support is second to none. Always has been. The 'support' at Hillsborough is garbage unless its a big game. In which case, yes it can rock. The rest of the time its quite embarrassing.

I understand what your saying and don't disagree in a lot of ways . The point I'm stating is that other than for big games, it's pretty poor every where!!

does it really matter what the atmos is like? ,whether it is or it isn't it doesn't seem to affect how the team perform as the results at Hillsboro have been pretty good over the last 2 seasons .................. you'll never get the atmos of the old days when fans could stand together and belt out songs on the kop 'all seater stadiums have killed that .......you could go down the route of boro and palace where they have organised singing area's but that seems a bit contrived to me ....when I go to away games I can bounce along with the rest of us coz we are all together but i'd look at bit silly up in the grandstand doing it on my own .