Big Dave set to leave?

Guest BULGARIA
4 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Adthe is a top bloke. Great to have around the team and good option v certain opposites. 

Keep keep keep 

spot on.

3 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Sentiment aside, I don't see any other reason to keep him in the squad anymore? It's undoubted his influence off the pitch and in the dressing room, much in a similar way to Semedo to be fair. But the questions we should be asking are they good enough for a realistic top two chasing side? Are they good enough for the next level? And would either of them be good enough to play a part in one of our promotion rivals squads? Put sentiment aside, I think we all know the answers to those questions.

We've already got better, I can't even see him getting on the bench much anymore, nevermind starting. We need better to go up and much better once we get there. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was discarded, as we're strong in the attacking areas of the team and like I said if a new forward was needed, I don't think one is as we more importantly need to strengthen other areas, then we should go for someone like Vydra. Someone who would add extra to the squad, play a bigger part, offer more and compete with and improve our other forwards and compliment what we've already got, plus he's familiar with a few of our players already too.

As it stands Forestieri; Fletcher, Hooper, Matias and Joao are good options to have at this level, add someone like Vydra to that and we'd have arguably perhaps the strongest attacking options in the division? With the capabilities of possibly playing at a higher level too. Ahead of some of the most creative players in the division too. That excites me, add a bit more physicality and height defensively or a quality partner for Lees at the back and I could see us breaking into the top two.

No sentiment from me.

When Hooper and Fletcher can't get thru, and Joao hasn't made it work either, throw Nuhiu on for 15 minutes of unique mayhem and you've always got a chance of something happening that the defence don't cope with.

8 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Pretty nieve and imature response imo, just which relegation are you refering to, we've had a few ya know ?

Your comment would suggest you haven't really followed Wednesday for too long and just want to see (possibly temporary) success at any cost..

He's forward sold income (3 year ST's) and changed a few things that go against our club's tradition, I agree that each on it's own may not be a bad thing but if things don't go well next season or the season after where will we be then ?

Hull, Blackburn and Cardiff would suggest we should be cautious...

yet some numpties just want us to spend, spend, spend, it may be Chansiri's money but it is almost certainly stacked against SWFC and not Chansiri's own personal wealth...

Be careful of what you wish for, it might not be the same as what you get...

I remember seeing sam ellis play - is that long enough for you?

and what would you wish for/ prefer?

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No sentiment from me.

When Hooper and Fletcher can't get thru, and Joao hasn't made it work either, throw Nuhiu on for 15 minutes of unique mayhem and you've always got a chance of something happening that the defence don't cope with.

He is a different option to anything else we have and on his day other teams don't know how to deal with him.

Keep Adthe until he retires then get him coaching. Good personality to have and clearly plays his part.

Guest Dave is rubbish

No just somebody who want to watch good football, not just somebody that waves to fans after a match