If Sheffield Wednesday moved away from Hillsborough...

But they never find their natural groups. They buy a ST and stick with it because they get comfy. The grounds have no history so a singer has no idea where to sit. It then becomes hard to move people who are happy where they are when the singers want to create a singing section.

But the same happens in old grounds too.  Our place is like a library at times and at others you don't know weather to join in with the North stand guys or the Kop.

Just not bothered...

If this happened I would never go again.

I know this sounds heartless but...

...evidence from other clubs that have done this show that your no show will be dwarfed by several who will go who have never been before.

It's not about sentimentality, it's about revenue.

This, hasn't hurt Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Newcastle has it?

Hasn't hurt Man U or Newcastle as they had room to significantly expand capacity.

Hasn't hurt Chelsea as they are bankrolled by Abramovitch.

Liverpool?  Turnover now significantly behind Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs.  Match day income isn't even half that of Arsenal.  Wage bill is barely 2/3rds of Chelsea's.  Wouldn't increased revenue lead to increased spending and a greater chance of success?

If Liverpool had its version of the Emirates, and the money it generates, things could look very, very different.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I know this sounds heartless but...

...evidence from other clubs that have done this show that your no show will be dwarfed by several who will go who have never been before.

It's not about sentimentality, it's about revenue.

In some cases. But not Wednesday - why would more people turn up to some non descript stadium in tinsley etc?

New grounds are good for small town clubs like Chesterfield / rotherham etc - I can understand it coz it keeps them viable.

I don't like it but can see why city / arsenal did it for revenue.

But for clubs like us its a complete no go. What would we have left in terms of history?

Owned by a foreigner who bought us a few years ago (not knocking that) playing in a new stadium - what's left? A bunch of 20 odd year olds kicking a ball about in a stadium.

Would rather go and watch Hallam.

Yep. Im sure they could find a site just off the europa link for a new ground. Great links from the motorway nearby too

Couldn't think of anything worse than driving to nigh on rotherham to watch wednesday play on some Shiite soulless stadium.

Why bother?