I fear Stevie May is turning into

Disagree with you Animal pal.

First half of his games you could see a real player in there.Even last few weeks he's had good chances.

He's no worse than any of the other front 6.Infact up until a few weeks ago I would have said he was the best of the front 6.

But its opinions and maybe he's not as good as I think he is but I'm almost sure he is :)

But to say he offers nothing is going over the mark.

Feel sorry for the lad.

He's brought in with a bit of expectation and at the moment things aren't working out for him.

tbf an awful lot was of expected of a young lad who's banged in goals in the Scottish Pub League, as in "you'll be our main goalscorer" which is quite a big ask in a division which is far superior.

At a club with more depth, more options he would have been probably been eased in, whilst here he's basically been seen as our main striker right off the bat.

To cap it off he's not getting enough service from the midfield.

He was awful today.

No escaping it. Didn't run into the channels, showed no desire to get into the box, missed another chance he should be burying, didn't hold the ball up, got muscled off the ball to easily.

Hope he comes good, but we can't keep blaming service, strikers need to make it work for themselves and take the chances they get. He didn't today.

Reminds me a lot like Francis Jeffers. Nearly on the end of it, nearly in a good position, looks the part but in reality offers little. Needs a spell on the bench or in the dev squad to get some goals and confidence. He doesn't look cut out for this level yet for me.

He was awful today.

No escaping it. Didn't run into the channels, showed no desire to get into the box, missed another chance he should be burying, didn't hold the ball up, got muscled off the ball to easily.

Hope he comes good, but we can't keep blaming service, strikers need to make it work for themselves and take the chances they get. He didn't today.

so you can understand Maguire running straight down the tunnel when subbed,put in a shift as had Atdhe  then both got hooked yet May seems untouchable at the moment.

Yep. Stubborn manager syndrome.

'I signed him so I will play him'

See Laws with Jeffers, Jones with Bothroyd

don't get me wrong though I think the lad has something he just seems to be sleepwalking through games knowing he's untouchable

as you say it needs the manager to "grow a pair" and drop him to shake him up some

whether that will happen  is another thing

Mays a way off this level at the moment and its important our manager realises this. If taken out of the team for a while and given some time to develop he might make it at this level but if we just play him for 90 minutes every game we'll destroy him as the fans start to turn on him and lose the team spirit as other players constantly get taken of the team even when they are playing better than him.

Edited by trask43

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Hmm tough one

He's not getting many chances but he should still have scored a few more really

I mean the free header today ? The great 2 chances away at Leeds

He's missed others too

Needs a few games out of the side

while i go along with the comments that he looks short in a lot of areas of his game, and off the championship pace, it doesnt concern me, because he looks short in the areas that are not important for him...

we are creating fuff all ATM - i still say he comes alive in the box, we need to feed our strikers in the box, simple as.

Edit.. im not saying he IS good enough, just saying im not finding out by watching him in the role we play him in.

Edited by GY-owl.4

I don't think dropping him out of the team to the reserves will develop him. He's here for four years and is nothing like Jeffers in terms of his attitude and willingness to get involved. We've seen what he's good at and what he needs to improve on, the issue is that he is carrying a burden he's probably not quite ready for

Should have buried that header at the front post in the first half. Simply not good enough and offers nothing apart from running and is so one paced.

To be fair, as an investment, he's worth the punt, but at this stage, he shouldnt be starting week after week. We are in danger of ruining him. It should be Nuhiu and an experienced striker (though not GTF) or Nuhiu on his own. May and Madine should be used sparingly, mainly from the bench

Edited by gurujuan

Wednesday can't afford 800k investments I'm afraid. We need ready made players who can come in and do a job. SG should have known how May scored all those goals for St Johnstone and replicated it here. At the moment,we've an honest hardworking side that lacks any extra quality to do something a bit different.We've all seen it for a long while now, shame the club haven't.As much as I hate to say it, we've missed a fit Antonio,as at least he was direct and we've no one like that now.Our buildup is slow and we've become negative.