Premature promotion thread.

You won't be able to edit it later though. Or are you one of dem modulators?

Oh I mean just so I get that star symbol so I know I have been in the fred. Like a dog spraying his scent.

We have a competitive team. Our squad is a bit thin on quality though.

We need 3 or 4 more quality players in and a bit better luck on the injury front.

I think we've seen enough to suggest we can be competitive in mid to upper mid table. Our defence is looking solid and the midfield is better than we've had in a long time.

The biggest threats are injuries and ability to score enough goals. Our squad is very thin and reliant on a few key players. We know we will have to contend with injuries as all clubs do and need more strength in depth. The other big question is whether Nuhiu will start scoring goals to match the rest of his game, and whether May (or Madine) can produce the goods for us at this level on a reasonably consistent basis.

What rest of game is this. He has good close control but think rest of his game is rubbish.

Up there have been about 3 surprise championship promotions in the past decade. That means its roughly 10-1 based on recent years that an underdog will go uo. Then combine that with the fact that there are about 12 teams that would be a big surprise if they went up you get to see how unlikely it is for a specific team like us to get promoted. Who knows though with a few quality additions we could climb the table and improve massively on the past few seasons. Although that argument could be made for the majority of teams in the league. Take every game at a time and just try and enjoy the football and see where we end up.

Up there have been about 3 surprise championship promotions in the past decade. That means its roughly 10-1 based on recent years that an underdog will go uo. Then combine that with the fact that there are about 12 teams that would be a big surprise if they went up you get to see how unlikely it is for a specific team like us to get promoted. Who knows though with a few quality additions we could climb the table and improve massively on the past few seasons. Although that argument could be made for the majority of teams in the league. Take every game at a time and just try and enjoy the football and see where we end up.

I still think a lot of it depends on good team spirit - you look at average to good teams that have gone up in years gone by, that have had a core of players there for a year or two.

That and confidence - stick a run together (as we did under Jones season before last) the confidence grows and you become very hard to beat.

Going great guns at the moment under Stuart Gray, who is continuing to work wonders with little backing.

Although I'm optimistic due to the team spirit created by Stuart Gray and can see us having a go at being around our highest finish at this level since 2000 under Brian Laws.

I would be mindful of getting too carried away. Because there are a lot more stronger clubs with more money than us. Most of whom will probably re-strengthen in the next window.

And despite the wonders Gray has been performing with little backing from MM, and the incredible team spirit Gray has created, I can still see injuries crippling us later on in the season.

But long may our incredible turn around under Gray continue. Loving things with Gray in charge. I'd love it if we went up but despite the great start, I can't see it happening without Gray being backed much more, which his efforts more than deserve.

We have a competitive team. Our squad is a bit thin on quality though.

We need 3 or 4 more quality players in and a bit better luck on the injury front.

This still rings true despite the incredible start. ^

As the title states, this thread is too early- I know.

But if we get a couple of players who can convert draws into wins we could get up this season.

It is the best set of players I have seen since when brunt and whelan were here. Overall better but lacking that bit of class.

I'm very hopeful for this season. All we have to do is replicate the form we showed in two half seasons from the last two years and extend it a little to get into the playoffs. It's totally doable.

It's been done before many times recently. Palace burnley and Blackpool spring to mind. Why not us?

I know people will be itching to slate me for having the thought but it's only a thread on a forum. What do you think our chances are?

Personally we are still a couple of seasons away from having a top 6 side.But we can all dream can't we? :rolleyes: