On The Grapevine

4 minutes ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Well if it comes off I hope it goes as successful as it has for you lot.

Should do. Obviously I can't see the future (or I'd be sunning myself on the deck of my massive yacht right now) but from what I've heard, investment would be 'significant'. Make of that what you will. It will all hang on this consortium owning Hillsborough outright. You'll probably find they will want to change current operations very quickly as our lot did at Portman Road. They'll want top-class facilities. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

Should do. Obviously I can't see the future (or I'd be sunning myself on the deck of my massive yacht right now) but from what I've heard, investment would be 'significant'. Make of that what you will. It will all hang on this consortium owning Hillsborough outright. You'll probably find they will want to change current operations very quickly as our lot did at Portman Road. They'll want top-class facilities. 

All sounds great. 🙏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

Thats exactly what is needed if anyone ever comes in here. It might not have mattered had we gone up in the 2015-2018 period but in hindsight if even a fraction of the 200m invested in the club had gone on facilities and analysis et al, we’d be much stronger and “ready” now 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, swfcnathan said:

See it makes 0 sense to me why a consortium would put the time and effort in to work on a deal and have it dependent on us staying up.

Nobody gave us a chance in hell so unless this consortium have just decided to buy an english club and if we stay up ours fits their brief more than others.

We'll see. Still think we'll prob end up being bought by another mad man.

For the sort of money Chansiri would accept it’s understandable that any interested party would prefer us to be in the Championship. However I do acknowledge that if we end up in League 1 then the club is a lower prospect and should cost a great deal less. Note I did say ‘should’ as we all know Chansiri would still want megabucks.

You never know but ones thing for sure I think we are in for an interesting Summer.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

Sounds too good to be true 🤣 hopefully we get the job done and stay up then this to happen shortly after.

• Like 5

I sincerely hope this is true but I hope it doesn't impinge on Danny's squad rebuild this summer, which theoretically starts in less than 2 weeks. 

Takeovers can take some time to complete and I can't see DC ploughing money in if he's selling up. 

5 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

For the sort of money Chansiri would accept it’s understandable that any interested party would prefer us to be in the Championship. However I do acknowledge that if we end up in League 1 then the club is a lower prospect and should cost a great deal less. Note I did say ‘should’ as we all know Chansiri would still want megabucks.

You never know but ones thing for sure I think we are in for an interesting Summer.

From what I have heard, I don't think League One would be a problem. They'll give Röhl a bigger budget than most League One teams have and he'll be tasked with ensuring promotion in three seasons. They then focus on the off-field stuff and improving it. 

Bit like us and McKenna.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

From what I have heard, I don't think League One would be a problem. They'll give Röhl a bigger budget than most League One teams have and he'll be tasked with ensuring promotion in three seasons. They then focus on the off-field stuff and improving it. 

Bit like us and McKenna.

That sounds suscpiciously likea PLAN... we don't do plans 🤣

• Like 1