On The Grapevine

1 hour ago, swfcnathan said:

See it makes 0 sense to me why a consortium would put the time and effort in to work on a deal and have it dependent on us staying up.

Nobody gave us a chance in hell so unless this consortium have just decided to buy an english club and if we stay up ours fits their brief more than others.

We'll see. Still think we'll prob end up being bought by another mad man.

The dependant on staying up may relate purely to the price.  Two prices may have been agreed dependant on which division we're in next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

It's a consortium linked to GameChangers, the folks who bought Ipswich and have turned us around. Not the same company but I've heard the group heads have taken advice from our people about investment. 

Don't think they'll care whether you're in the Championship or League One tbh. The level of investment will build you into a club capable of managing promotions to the Prem regardless. That's how they'll make their money. 

If it is something linked to Ipswich, makes you wonder if Danny knows something already with how he was bigging them up earlier this season. Maybe he knows the good times are coming 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DonisthorpeOwl said:

An American consortium in advanced talks! 

My source is usually pretty reliable with his info! 

Much is based on staying up this season.

DC may have been quiet but not behind closed doors! 

More details as it unfolds……….

Heard something similar about a month back that they'd attend a couple of games 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly_Owl said:

If it is something linked to Ipswich, makes you wonder if Danny knows something already with how he was bigging them up earlier this season. Maybe he knows the good times are coming 😀

I've often wondered if he's our next manager if McKenna gets a better offer? Apparently he's 'very highly thought of' down here. 

But yes, it does fit in with earlier comments. The new consortium will want to own the ground as well so wondering if Chansiri has struck a potential deal?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

It's a consortium linked to GameChangers, the folks who bought Ipswich and have turned us around. Not the same company but I've heard the group heads have taken advice from our people about investment. 

Don't think they'll care whether you're in the Championship or League One tbh. The level of investment will build you into a club capable of managing promotions to the Prem regardless. That's how they'll make their money. 

Where you heard this?

1 minute ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

I've often wondered if he's our next manager if McKenna gets a better offer? Apparently he's 'very highly thought of' down here. 

But yes, it does fit in with earlier comments. The new consortium will want to own the ground as well so wondering if Chansiri has struck a potential deal?

You can knackers he ours!

2 minutes ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Where you heard this?

It came from someone I trust who is good friends with someone on the Ipswich board. Only heard it on Monday. He wasn't that bothered, figuring it was another club's news but the main points were the ones I've just expressed. They're linked to but apart from Gamechangers, similar levels of investment but it's still early doors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

It came from someone I trust who is good friends with someone on the Ipswich board. Only heard it on Monday. He wasn't that bothered, figuring it was another club's news but the main points were the ones I've just expressed. They're linked to but apart from Gamechangers, similar levels of investment but it's still early doors.

Well if it comes off I hope it goes as successful as it has for you lot.

• Like 2

Whether this is true or not, it has seemed like there have been a few changes and Simon Jordan wanting to look prescient on the radio may also suggest rumours amongst the football community but it could be an interesting summer. Hopefully for the right reasons as the club is at a cross roads for the next two weeks just as we were last summer

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, longreach said:

Well, all it needs now is for the Bills to turn up and the gangs nearly all here. 

Happy Days

Is us to win our last two games...we might a get a survival bonus of DC selling up

• Like 1

Hopefully if the rumours are true, it’s done swiftly after the season finishes.

Röhl will have a lot of interest this summer - a lot of clubs are changing managers this summer and there’s very few good managers that appear available, eventually someone bigger/better than us will come along and want to take a chance on him this summer and we need to be ready to turn it down and offer him a good alternative.

• Like 2