Röhl staying is a must.

To be fair to the OP he is correct but stating the obvious. The crux of the matter has always been about this once the season is decided. Röhl will have suitors I’m sure, but it will depend on what DC thinks sadly, and that’s where it could / most likely will go ******** up.

Ive seen nothing from him in 8 years or so to suggest he will do anything but the basics, apart from his 2nd year where he had a brain fart and we nearly went up.

It will come down to money, and how much he values  rholl.

I think in my lifetime, Wilkinson and Charlton did 5 years.

I doubt we'll see a Wednesday manager do 5 years again. It's better to accept that managers and players are just passing through and football quickly moves on. Darren Moore's spell already seems an age ago.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that Danny Rhol has done a good job and will want him to still be here next season.

But no one is ever irreplaceable.

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable. I'm saying the affect that him going will have is dramatic. Mainly due to poor management of contracts and a lack of foresight. 

I personally think he'll stay or go back to Germany. He's not the type to leave us in the poo and will want to prove himself. The pull back to Germany and family is a bigger draw than another club in England. In my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hammy70 said:

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable. I'm saying the affect that him going will have is dramatic. Mainly due to poor management of contracts and a lack of foresight. 

I personally think he'll stay or go back to Germany. He's not the type to leave us in the poo and will want to prove himself. The pull back to Germany and family is a bigger draw than another club in England. In my opinion.

What if the other English club say Sunderland are offering to double his wages and the resources available to him are better than he will get at Wednesday?

2 hours ago, Hammy70 said:

If Röhl moves on that puts us in a scenario like last year. Spend most of summer looking for a manager. An extremely thin squad with upto 20 out of contract. A limited pre-season for cohesion of a new squad and new manager. 

If he stays we can build. Chris Powell may well be the obvious choice as a replacement and obviously reduces the continuity worry but I think the next few weeks are some of the most important in our history. Can affect the next decade of success or failure.

Might sound dramatic but I think it's that important.

It's not dramatic it's what happens when we have an owner who doesn't understand the concept of planning. I can't imagine he will have any thought beyond the final match of the season. A meeting with DR will be the first time he's thought about contracts and what pre-season looks like, its frustrating but that's the reality of DC who doesn't seem to learn FA from all the disasters that he leads us through in a reactive manner.

• Like 2

Röhl stock will

have risen considerably, it won’t have gone unnoticed how he’s given us a fighting chance with a very limited squad? The vultures will be circling even if we stay up! It seems he’s really well liked and respected by those he’s working with at the club , players staff talk to other players and staff from other clubs the word will have spread just the same as it does when someone is a bad apple or not good at their job.do we think chancer will back him after their “chat”? Me ? Can’t see owt changing cus he’s either skint or unwilling to put what’s required in???? Hope to be proved wrong, but like someone posted we’ll be back on merry go round in the summer 

I don't think anyone would disagree that Danny Rhol has done a good job and will want him to still be here next season.

I think in the short term he sort of is, we're going to need a squad rebuild for next season, with his contacts and the way he wants us to play it's exciting to see who he can and wants to bring in, any new manager would need time to acess what he's got, which lets be honest isn't much, so for me Danny's knowledge becomes irreplacable........but of course Chancer could have other ideas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

Even if we stay up "that conversation" will still have to take place between DR and DC about future building plans at the club - and I can't see Röhl being the kind of guy who will take any bulls*it somehow! Oh dear!! 

"That conversation" has already happened - at least as a starting point. It's a question of whether DC can do what DR wants, quick enough.

I won't divulge exactly what I've heard, but the fact there appears to be work going on at the training ground, possibly suggests DC has moved to accommodate something there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hammy70 said:

If Röhl moves on that puts us in a scenario like last year. Spend most of summer looking for a manager. An extremely thin squad with upto 20 out of contract. A limited pre-season for cohesion of a new squad and new manager. 

If he stays we can build. Chris Powell may well be the obvious choice as a replacement and obviously reduces the continuity worry but I think the next few weeks are some of the most important in our history. Can affect the next decade of success or failure.

Might sound dramatic but I think it's that important.

Do you work for Sky Sports promotions?

most important in our history?

Totally disagree with this 

Clubs who lose top managers tend to plummet for years after 

Look at when we lost Garry Monk after some of our idiot fans hounded him out 

We have been in free fall since 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

Trust in Chumpsiri, he will have a contingency in place should Röhl have had enough,won't he....?

:Chansiri:

Chris Powell seems popular and cheap. :Chansiri: will have him in place by the last three days of the August window.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

Do you work for Sky Sports promotions?

most important in our history?

The fact that we were in freefall at the start of the season. If we are in the same boat as last season in the summer but in league 1 we might be fighting relegation to league 2 next season. If we keep Röhl and he gets some backing and his own players then mid-table or higher. At least firm consolidation.

So yes. We've never been in the fourth tier and the difference between that and solid championship is considerable. Therefore it's very important, potentially one of the most important in our history.

The potential is there for the club to die if Chansiri keeps us and we loll about in league 1 or 2.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hammy70 said:

The fact that we were in freefall at the start of the season. If we are in the same boat as last season in the summer but in league 1 we might be fighting relegation to league 2 next season. If we keep Röhl and he gets some backing and his own players then mid-table or higher. At least firm consolidation.

So yes. We've never been in the fourth tier and the difference between that and solid championship is considerable. Therefore it's very important, potentially one of the most important in our history.

The potential is there for the club to die if Chansiri keeps us and we loll about in league 1 or 2.

good grief charley brown!!